VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Is there a free software that will convert Video_TS to MP4?

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Avidemux, for example, you can simply remux in it (copy video, copy audio, output format mp4) Or you can reencode video or audio or both.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks. I already have Avidemux. Do I just load the folder?

Also, can Any Video Converter convert Video_TS to MP4 format?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    if you have in folder 01.ts 02.ts 03.ts and want them all in one file, you should open 1 file and avidemux would ask you if you want add next parts automatically. But you can do one by one also.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Or the OP could just use Vidcoder. Just open the folder and the program will ask you what title you want to encode
    if there is more than one. Also, a reasonable set of X264 defaults
    Last edited by davexnet; 3rd Nov 2017 at 14:49.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thank you it worked. Now, my problem is that once the video folder TS was converted to MP4, is the language. The movie has two optional tracks for English and Italian. Normally, I could use MKV Merge on a file like AVI or MKV before converting to MP4, but this of course is not a file, it is a Video_TS folder. Is there a way to convert the Video_TS folder to English before I use Avidemux to convert it to MP4?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    you can choose from menu on top AUDIO -> select track. Check/uncheck wanted or unwanted track here. You can also set type of remix for each track or different compression for different track too. Wanted unwanted audio tracks is working with copy audio, if you want remix or compress audio, you lost this advantage.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thank you. Does Handbrake also have this feature?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    when you configure your own setting, you can in audio add or remove track and set pass thru. For not re encoding. But in Handbrake is it not possible copy video, at least as I know.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  10. Where is the start button for Avidemux?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    in fact it starts when you press save as icon and setup output file name. And then press o.k. there

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  12. Thank you all very much. Avidemux accomplished everything that I wanted.
    Quote Quote  
  13. One other question. How do I include the subtitle file with Avidemux?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am afraid you will have to muxing them in mkvtoolnix, or keep it in same folder with same name. Player should be able to play them. Even in hardware players is this supported (at least at players i had).
    Mkvtoolnix isn't probably for your purpose because of name of the thread. Try same name in same folder on your device.
    Bernix

If you have problem with subtitles (extract and so on) you can choose Subtitle edit and here Import/OCR subtitles from Vob IFO(DVD)...
    The subtitles in dvd are pictures, so you have to transcode it to text format most probably srt. You can make correction in subtitles, just download dictionary for your language. But it takes awhile manually correct each word that isn't in dictionary (mostly is OCR right just word isn't in dictionary) . So you can skip manual correction. The efficiency of OCR is quite good. I think over 90% or even higher.

Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 16th Nov 2017 at 10:58.
    Quote Quote  
  15. or download srt from internet, if you work with DVD version, try to get DVD version of subtitles
    Quote Quote  
  16. Handbrake:
    Open HandBrake
    Click on the ‘Source’ button and then ‘Folder’
    Browse to your VIDEO_TS folder and click ‘Select Folder’
    Once HandBrake has loaded the folder you will see options at the top of the window that allow you to choose a time or chaper range to convert to MP4.
    Click on ‘Browse’ under ‘Destination’ to select where you want to the MP4 file to be saved to.
    Click on the ‘Start’ button to start the procses.
    Quote Quote