VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    OK, I'm a newbie at this so please be gentle... I want to convert an eac3 audio track to ac3. Popcorn is supposed to do this using the 'Re-sample AC3 Audio Tracks' menu item. When I add my input file to the small window you get when I click on this menu item it informs me that it 'Cannot read source file using MediaInfo.DLL'. I have MediaInfo.DLL pointed to appropriately. If I put the same input file into the main program it gets the media info correctly. As a matter of fact when I input the file name in the small window, and the complaint appears, it actually DOES read the info and outputs it in the main program window. What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/eac3to Command line tool but a GUI is available
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/eac3to Command line tool but a GUI is available
    Thanks for the link. If I understand correctly (always a big 'if') the command line version requires demuxing first then remuxing afterword, and though I had a look at one of the GUIs it added even more complexity to the task.

I really don't want to learn more about the ins and outs of audio/video. Life's too short. I just have a problem with the fact that the MKV videos I download are now showing up with E-AC3 audio which my Sony TV won't accept. I just want a one-click solution to address this that does it relatively fast. I am now using HandBrake but it does not have a passthru for video mode so it takes too long to change the audio to plain AC3. If I could just get Popcorn to work I suspect I would be happy with it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I suggest you post on the Popcorn Forum as the author is often there. http://www.networkedmediatank.com/index.php
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    Thank you for your efforts on my behalf. I posted in that thread three days ago but there has been no response yet. I'll keep monitoring there.
    Quote Quote  
  7. hello,

the solution is that the Popcorn does not work with the current Mediainfo.dll! You must use an older one, from version before 2017. For me, 0.7.7.4 does work.
    Quote Quote