VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi

trying to find which format this subtitle is and impossble to know. anybody can help ? thanks ! here is an example ! I need to convet it in a known format (SRT etc...) but i don't know which format is .

16:
    {t2: 96980, t: "[MUSIC PLAYING]", t1: 95180}
    :
    {t2: 128780, t: "Thank you.", t1: 128180}
    :
    {t2: 153430, t: "[MUSIC PLAYING]", t1: 150380}
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    if you have it as part of movie, open movie in Subtitle edit. If you have only subtitle, what is the subtitle extension?

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    Hi,
    if you have it as part of movie, open movie in Subtitle edit. If you have only subtitle, what is the subtitle extension?

Bernix
    There is no subtitle extension. these are online subtitle played by a video player online and that i succeded to grab by using the inspector from Chrome.
    this is from a video lesson (music), but to watch it (and do a translation of it), on my tv instead of the computer (i can't plug my computer on my TV unfortunatly, I took the videos and found the subtitles by inspecting with chrome the page where the video was displayed.

importing the subtitles in subedit is not working, unless it's important for subedit to put the right extension to recognize the right format. so i'm a bit blocked as i never saw this format. it's not subrip, it's not Close caption, it's ...etc ... i never saw this format before.

i tought it could save me the time to redo the complete sync to video. the lesson is pretty long, 25 videos in total, so trying to save a lot of time, expecially as i'm an hearing impaired guy, so doing the sync will be even harder (to be short : impossible). thanks for any help !

the player seems to be provided by https://www.soundslice.com/
    Last edited by Martyprod; 22nd Oct 2017 at 08:17. Reason: added video player name
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    good news for you is that you are able to sync subtitles even you are hearing impaired. There is feature to adjust subs by soundwave that is generated from Video.
    But I am hopeless in what format subtitles is this example.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    I know this also dont help. But I assume that you have number of subtitle 16: or 17 and row bellow : And position of subtitle on timeline is t1: ##### and duration is t1: - t2:
    So you can manually do the srt subtitles, position is t1/fps and duration is t2-t1 (in frames so time is (t2-t1)/fps. It is horrible lot of work to do it, but if there is lot of "MUSIC PLAYING" which last very long, possibly not too many subtitles to work. If you dont identify format, and you really need it, this is the only way I see.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,
    good news for you is that you are able to sync subtitles even you are hearing impaired. There is feature to adjust subs by soundwave that is generated from Video.
    But I am hopeless in what format subtitles is this example.

Bernix
    i know subedit and use it all the time, but it's not that easy. i use the waveform feature all the time.
    sometimes, it's easy and sometimes not. the best solution i found is to upload in private a video on youtube, have the SRT generated automatically. export the youtue SRT with the sync code and replacing the wrong lines by the right ones when i have the chance to have the transcript or proper subtitles (like here).

thanks for your help anyway. the waveform feature work well for adjustement, but on a full video with sound completly turned off, it's not working expecially when they are a lot of background noise or music and it's worst when the video don't show the face of the one who speak. it's the case here. the camera show a piano keyboard, not the pianist's face.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Looks like some JSON to me. Not one I'm familiar with but maybe t1/t2 is start/end time in microsec?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,
    I know this also dont help. But I assume that you have number of subtitle 16: or 17 and row bellow : And position of subtitle on timeline is t1: ##### and duration is t1: - t2:
    So you can manually do the srt subtitles, position is t1/fps and duration is t2-t1 (in frames so time is (t2-t1)/fps. It is horrible lot of work to do it, but if there is lot of "MUSIC PLAYING" which last very long, possibly not too many subtitles to work. If you dont identify format, and you really need it, this is the only way I see.

Bernix
    wow !! you're smarter than me !! i was not understanding what the t2 t1 was meaning thank you !
    yeah, it's a lot of work a friend is a programmer, i must see if he can maybe write me a small script who could do that automatically !
    unfortunatly the guy speak not a lot, but enought ... lol... if my friend does a script who work, if not i'll maybe capture on the website the subtitles part, and use the OCR of subedit. 25 videos to capture when i already did it lol ... but it's maybe better. and after that, i must do the translation english -> French.

the fps is 23.976.

Thanks a lot for the trick !
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,
    It is horrible lot of work to do it,
    Bernix
    one of the video, the longuest one : 16mn = 221 lines. lol.

there is 25 videos in total... ahah
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    Looks like some JSON to me. Not one I'm familiar with but maybe t1/t2 is start/end time in microsec?
    yes it's JSON !!
    here is the link to one of the file, not sure you can see it as we must have subscribed to the musician masterclass to see it, but it give an idea

https://d1vuq0zzaa789.cloudfront.net/json/104080/subtitle541-1.json?Expires=1508686848...LCKIXIPCJV62XA

and an example again of the subtitles :

[{"t2": 3437, "t": "[MUSIC PLAYING]", "t1": 0}, {"t2": 19050, "t": "So I've used the phrase\n\"Playing it in the pocket.\"", "t1": 13270}, {"t2": 20970, "t": "What does that mean?", "t1": 19050}, {"t2": 30050, "t": "I think what that means is,\nin many cases, you know, for--", "t1": 20970}, {"t2": 33920, "t": "a good example is a\nmoderate or medium,", "t1": 30050}, {"t2": 37890, "t": "you know, to slow\ntempo where, let's", "t1": 33920}, {"t2": 43390, "t": "take a drummer for\nexample, plays on the beat.", "t1": 37890}, {"t2": 47160, "t": "But sort of on the back\npart of the beat, but not", "t1": 43390}, {"t2": 50590, "t": "so far back that it'll\nslow the tempo down.", "t1": 47160}, {"t2": 55930, "t": "But it puts sort of a\nweight in there, you know,", "t1": 50590},
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Probably is Videobruger right and it is microseconds, you have to test it
    Script would be fine.
    At least there is a way.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    example :

this line : 2
    :
    {t2: 39870, t: "I enjoyed myself.", t1: 37970}

appears at 00:00:38,247

and iine 3 :
    :
    {t2: 43300, t: "I enjoyed being with you, hope↵you enjoyed being with me.", t1: 39870}

appears at 00:00:39,900 (approximatively).
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Ahh Got it !! so
    T1; 39870 in subrip mode is 00:00:39,870 !!!
    and duration is t2-t1 = 3,430

i know nothing to script, so hope my friend can do it for me .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So the time is in milliseconds as Videobruger said.
    Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    So the time is in milliseconds as Videobruger said.
    Bernix
    Yes, thanks for both of you !! i'll tell here if we succed to make the script, talking with my friend about it now
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    Hi, just a small word to tell that the script is done and is working beautifully !! my friend will post it on Github when he'll have some times to clean the code and put the comments on it.

Thanks again to you guys , i'll be able to watch my piano lessons (from jazz piansit Herbie "HanC O C K" for the ones who know who he is) tonight on my tv in HD, and not on my awful small CRT 17' monitor in 1152x864 ! (long story why i use such a monitor, it's related to my hearing disability).

Thanks !
    Quote Quote