VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi folks. I have 10 new Tvs in a bar. I need to have 4x4 switching device at each tv. In other words i will have 4 hdmi inputs and devices in the office, then you need to select for one of the 4 at each tv itself with a remote.

Is there a more effiecient way to do this than running 4 hdmi cables to each tv switch box? In the old days we used to use the triple play box which would do this over coax with only one cable. I need to do it in Hd though.

Thanks for any input!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    High quality way would be putting an HDbaseT receiver at each tv, wire 1 run of cat5e/cat6/cat6e/cat7 (depending on bandwidth needed) from each back to control center closet.
    Ctrl ctr has 4x4 hdmi matrix switcher (with either integrated hdbaset xmitter or separate boxes downstream), along with whatever hdmi "sources" you want - games, media players, bluray/dvd, htpcs (very common these days due to flexibility). Htpcs (raspberry pi?) could have KODI and pull from net, cablecards, etc.
    Might still have to consider control (wired?) routing if you don't want to mess with multi remotes or setting up universal remote.

...[edit]...oh, sorry, you wanted 10 tvs. Either get a 4x16 matrix switcher (highest cost, most flexible), or get a few hdmi splitters and at the tv end put a splitter downstream of the hdbaset rcvr and have the hdmi outputs go to multiple nearby tvs (less cost, compromised output choices).

Or if they're wireless smart tvs (or with adjoining htpc boxes with wireless), you could forego the wires altogether to the tvs and just concentrate on head-end restreaming media servers.

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 21st Oct 2017 at 09:23.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Placing a 4x4 HDMI matrix switch at each TV is not ideal. If I read your question right, you want to connect 4 HDMI sources and route them to each of your 10 TVs? Also, if your HDMI source devices will be at your office, then I'm assuming that each display will require a long cable run.

For your scenario, you may want to consider a modular matrix switcher to customize a 4x10 and HDBaseT receivers for each TV. Modular switchers can be very pricey, but IMO it's the most efficienct solution and you can control any of your HD devices to show in any of your 10 tvs. A fixed I/O matrix switcher will also work. Check out these guys, https://bzbexpress.com/Matrix-Switchers/ they carry a variety of matrix switchers from 4x4's to as big as 32x32. I'm pretty sure they don't make 4x10s, that's why I proposed a modular matrix switch.

Good luck!
    Quote Quote