VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Been using ConvertXtoDVD for many years (now version 6) with no problems BUT NOW - despite following the same procedure as always - when I e.g. convert 4 mp4 videos, burn them to a DVD & put it into a DVD player, instead of the four titles appearing on the TV screen I get the message as shown below. This despite the fact that when I put the disc in the computer it shows there are in fact four files on the disc. Very frustrating and vexing so what does this anomaly suggest please? Thanks DaveD
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	4 Files - no audio data.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	43444  

Quote Quote  
  2. Doesn't look like a proper file structure for a video-DVD to me rather than a data-DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the quick reply; when you say the file structure is "not proper" that completely baffles me as this is the the end result of using version 6 and is the same as the dozens of others I have previously converted. As I said, the computer plays the DVD fine but the video player won't even recognize it though I've just inserted a previously burnt DVD and it showed all three files on screen and played OK. ???????? Baffled
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Compare the file structure with a known good dvd in Windows Explorer.
    It should contain a video_ts and an audio_ts folder, for a a properly authored DVD

of course, if you write to the disk as data it can contain anything.
    I'm more or less paraphrasing the same info as videobruger already said above
    Quote Quote  
  5. Many thanks Dave for your most welcome comments, what mystifies me is that I am not doing anything different now using ConvertX than I have done for the past 15 years using numerous versions of this software and never encountered this annoying result. Looks like it's back to the drawing board. Regards Dave.
    Quote Quote