VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. They both can pretty much trim, merge and put a video in a different container without losing quality. I tried looking at the alternative to section of the page of both XMedia Recode & AviDemux but they aren't in either of their list even though they are the same program.

They both have the ability to choose Mode > Copy on the Video and Audio tabs which is basically lossless.

Any similar software?
    Quote Quote  
  2. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    They're not the same. Avidemux is a video editor and XMedia Recode is a video converter.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
    They're not the same. Avidemux is a video editor and XMedia Recode is a video converter.

How aren't they the same? They're both FFmpeg GUIs that can do the same exact thing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In good old days Virtualdub has this ability too. Copy video, copy audio. It has/d smart rendering function, but dont know nowadays situation.
    How aren't they the same? They're both FFmpeg GUIs that can do the same exact thing.
    You can do same in Mkvtoolnix for example and it is also different category software.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Chibi View Post
    They both can pretty much trim, merge and put a video in a different container without losing quality. I tried looking at the alternative to section of the page of both XMedia Recode & AviDemux but they aren't in either of their list even though they are the same program.

They both have the ability to choose Mode > Copy on the Video and Audio tabs which is basically lossless.

Any similar software?

I personally love AviDemux myself(I use an old, old version), but the odds of your cut falling exactly on a key frame(where it needs to be to be able to do it losslessly) are not good. So if you are just starting to delve into this stuff....KEY FRAME.....a very important "term" or word for you to keep in mind.
    Quote Quote