VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there,

every now and then I'll have to get portuguese subtitles for someone, and it's never a fun activity because of having to download synced subs.
    With MPC-HC I can simply press Ctrl + D, download a subtitle from the database, and then press F1/F2 to fix the synchronization with delay intervals.

However, it seems I can only use F1/F2 when I get a subtitle from the database, but not if there's an embedded sub or if there's an external one.
    If I press F1 or F2 in those cases, it says "Subtitle not loaded or unsuported renderer." -- though the subtitles are clearly loaded, and the renderer is the same as when I actually can shift the delay. Being able to easily -- and visually -- resync the subtitles would really help me out.

I use Win7/x64 and MPC-HC with Enhanced Video Renderer (custom presenter), and DirectVobSub.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    what is the format of subtitles, that you cannot sync ? Isn't easier to use some specialized software for subtitles f.e. Subtitle edit or Subrip ?
    Probably they are part of mkv or other container and mpc-hc cannot muxing it.. Maybe not.
    Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  3. The subtitle format is .srt and the video format is .mkv
    What I find odd is that it can alter the subtitle timing, but only when the subtitle is loaded. But the only way that happens is when I download it from the database, not when I load it myself.

I've gave Subtitle edit a try, and it works fine. But being able to do it in MPC-HC itself is so much easier and convenient because I can open the video, download the sub, sync it, and export it in one go with the same program using hotkeys.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    if you get more familiar with Subtitle edit, you will find it invaluable. There you can enhanced subtitles in plenty of ways.
    [Attachment 43410 - Click to enlarge]

This is only small example. You can translate, OCR images (by 3 ways) to convert to text subtitles and so on...
    I know you can sync and save subtitles in potplayer too, but dont know how it works when are subtitles muxed inside of mkv, I think it saves the subtitles separately.
    But I understand, that you want to do it in MPC-HC. Here is mentioned ctrl+6

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by mavhamm View Post
    I use Win7/x64 and MPC-HC with Enhanced Video Renderer (custom presenter), and DirectVobSub.
    It's probably activating ISR when loading from database instead of using DirectVobSub even if the latter may be loaded.
    Quote Quote