VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a HP Notebook - 15-f272wm.

Video Graphics: Intel HD Graphics

Microprocessor: IntelŪ PentiumŪ N3540 with Intel HD Graphics (2.16 GHz, up to 2.66 GHz, 2 MB cache, 4 cores)

RAM Memory: 4 GB

Hard Drive: 500GB
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    download potplayer for your system. I believe your system is 64bit so install 64 bit. During installation it will ask you to 1. download additional codec 2. Detects HW and SW 3. Run potplayer. Download it. Check all. And everything should be fine. If you are planing to play 4k videos and something is wrong, that is because your graphics card.
    But dont worry, there is something can helps you. Go to preference (F5) open filter control, then open tab OpenCodec and in first line enable Decoder intel QuickSync. Which is feature you processor should support. Restart potplayer (possibly it is not needed but to be sure it is o.k.) You can also set in playback - playback settings - priority to high or what you want. In such changes you for sure dont need to restart potplayer.
    You can experiment with video - video renderer to check which is for you most suitable (lowest processor consumption and picture quality) You can check power consumption in windows, or press tab in potplayer to see usage of cpu and gpu.
    But if I were you I believe in Potplayer default settings. When anything goes wrong, press F5 and in bottom left press initialize potplayer.

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Chibi View Post
    I have a HP Notebook - 15-f272wm.

Video Graphics: Intel HD Graphics

Microprocessor: IntelŪ PentiumŪ N3540 with Intel HD Graphics (2.16 GHz, up to 2.66 GHz, 2 MB cache, 4 cores)

RAM Memory: 4 GB

Hard Drive: 500GB
    Use PowerDVD, it gives smaller CPU usage for 4K videos than Potplayer or MPC-HC for simple 1080p material.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Chibi,
    even if it is true about PowerDVD, it is not free and cost 50 bucks. But seriously I doubt that is true about PowerDVD vs Potplayer. Just read some post made by user that suggested it.
    Just read minimum requirements for PowerDVD https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-ultra/spec_en_EU.html?&r=1 it doesn't met your specs.

Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 18th Oct 2017 at 11:24.
    Quote Quote