VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, and thanks in advance for any help. Also, if I posted this in the wrong place then please move it as necessary (and thanks).

For years I've happily used MeGUI to shrivel my DVDs and Blu-rays to .mkv files with 10-bit x264 video and Nero .m4a audio. Also, I've used Avidemux regularly to cut clips from these encodes without issue. Very recently I started using Pazera Free Audio Extractor to downmix the audios, as I find it much simpler for batch processing. Unfortunately, this new form of audio causes Avidemux to crash, but only if I try to play the .mkv; that is, I can load the .mkv in Avidemux, I can navigate forward-backward in the video, and I can save a section of the .mkv without issue, but if I try to actually play the file Avidemux crashes with the error message "ExceptionFilter. The application has encountered a fatal problem. The current editing has been saved and will be reloaded at next start." Clicking on "Show Details..." results in:

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
    RtlIsDosDeviceName_U [ntdll.dll]
    ADM_setCrashHook [libADM_core6.dll]
    UnhandledExceptionFilter [kernel32.dll]
    EtwEventSetInformation [ntdll.dll]
    _C_specific_handler [ntdll.dll]
    RtlDecodePointer [ntdll.dll]
    RtlUnwindEx [ntdll.dll]
    KiUserExceptionDispatcher [ntdll.dll]
    RtlIsDosDeviceName_U [ntdll.dll]
    free [msvcrt.dll]
    win32AudioDevice::localStop() [libADM_av_win32.dll]
    audioDeviceThreaded:top() [libADM_coreAudioDevice6.dll]
    GUIPlayback::initializeAudio() [avidemux.exe]
    GUIPlayback::initialize() [avidemux.exe]
    GUI_PlayAvi() [avidemux.exe]
    HandleAction(Action) [avidemux.exe]
    MainWindow::qt_static_metacall(QObject*, QMetaObject::Call, int, void**) [avidemux.exe]
    QMetaObject::activate(QObject*, int, int, void**) [Qt5Core.dll]
    MainWindow::actionSignal(Action) [avidemux.exe]
    MainWindow::buttonPressed() [avidemux.exe]
    MainWindow::qt_static_metacall(QObject*, QMetaObject::Call, int, void**) [avidemux.exe]
    QMetaObject::activate(QObject*, int, int, void**) [Qt5Core.dll]
    QAbstractButton::toggled(bool) [Qt5Widgets.dll]
    QAbstractButton::keyPressEvent(QKeyEvent*) [Qt5Widgets.dll]
    QAbstractButton::mouseReleaseEvent(QMouseEvent*) [Qt5Widgets.dll]
    QToolButton::mouseReleaseEvent(QMouseEvent*) [Qt5Widgets.dll]
    QWidget::event(QEvent*) [Qt5Widgets.dll]
    QToolButton::event(QEvent*) [Qt5Widgets.dll]
    QApplicationPrivate::notify_helper(QObject*, QEvent*) [Qt5Widgets.dll]
    QApplication::notify(QObject*, QEvent*) [Qt5Widgets.dll]
    QCoreApplication::notifyInternal2(QObject*, QEvent*) [Qt5Core.dll]
    QApplicationPrivate:endMouseEvent(QWidget*, QMouseEvent*, QWidget*, QWidget*, QWidget**, QPointer<QWidget>&, bool) [Qt5Widgets.dll]
    QDesktopWidget::qt_metacall(QMetaObject::Call, int, void**) [Qt5Widgets.dll]
    QDesktopWidget::qt_metacall(QMetaObject::Call, int, void**) [Qt5Widgets.dll]
    QApplicationPrivate::notify_helper(QObject*, QEvent*) [Qt5Widgets.dll]
    QApplication::notify(QObject*, QEvent*) [Qt5Widgets.dll]
    QCoreApplication::notifyInternal2(QObject*, QEvent*) [Qt5Core.dll]
    QGuiApplicationPrivate:rocessMouseEvent(QWindowSystemInterfacePrivate::Mo useEvent*) [Qt5Gui.dll]
    QGuiApplicationPrivate:rocessWindowSystemEvent(QWindowSystemInterfacePriv ate::WindowSystemEvent*) [Qt5Gui.dll]
    QWindowSystemInterface:endWindowSystemEvents(QFlags<QEventLoop::ProcessEv entsFlag>) [Qt5Gui.dll]
    QEventDispatcherWin32Private:endTimerEvent(int) [Qt5Core.dll]
    TranslateMessageEx [USER32.dll]
    TranslateMessage [USER32.dll]
    QEventDispatcherWin32:rocessEvents(QFlags<QEventLoop::ProcessEventsFlag> ) [Qt5Core.dll]
    qt_plugin_instance [qwindows.dll]
    QEventLoop::exec(QFlags<QEventLoop::ProcessEventsF lag>) [Qt5Core.dll]
    QCoreApplication::exec() [Qt5Core.dll]
    UI_RunApp() [avidemux.exe]
    startAvidemux(int, char**) [avidemux.exe]
    SDL_main [avidemux.exe]
    ms2timedisplay(unsigned int) [avidemux.exe]
    unknown function [avidemux.exe]
    unknown function [avidemux.exe]
    BaseThreadInitThunk [kernel32.dll]
    RtlUserThreadStart [ntdll.dll]
    which to me is a foreign language. Please, does anybody know what this means and if there's a way to rectify it? I tried to register on the Avidemux forum but wasn't allowed to. Thanks again for any help .

Edit: Apologies for the emoticons in the above quote, not sure how to fix that.

EditEdit: In case someone finds it helpful I found a workaround, if not an actual solution, with help from someone at Doom9. Here's a link.
    Last edited by LouieChuckyMerry; 13th Nov 2017 at 17:54. Reason: A Workaround
    Quote Quote