VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have some video at 2048x1152 that i need to resize to 1920x1080. i'd like to fold the resizing into other parameters i'm feeding x264 so i can do it all at once. i thought i'd use lanczos as the method but would be happy to be corrected if that's not the best method for this. what is the cli command for this? should i use fittobox? what is the syntax to do this resize?

thanks,
    BabaG
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by BabaG View Post
    i have some video at 2048x1152 that i need to resize to 1920x1080. i'd like to fold the resizing into other parameters i'm feeding x264 so i can do it all at once. i thought i'd use lanczos as the method but would be happy to be corrected if that's not the best method for this. what is the cli command for this? should i use fittobox? what is the syntax to do this resize?
    Code:
    --vf resize:1920,1080,method=lanczos
    There is no "best" method for every scenario. They all have pros/cons. Your options are
    - method: use resizer method ["bicubic"]
    - fastbilinear, bilinear, bicubic, experimental, point,
    - area, bicublin, gauss, sinc, lanczos, spline
    You don't need fittobox because you're starting with 16:9 and ending with 16:9
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks very much, pdr. very quick response. i'll try it soon. so, for lanczos, there's just the one option? no lanczos3, lanczos4?

thanks again,
    BabaG
    Quote Quote  
  4. Those are the only options because the patch was "borrowed" from ffmpeg swscale

https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-scaler.html

If you're wondering, "spline" is sharper than avisynth's spline16, but softer than spline36

But 2048x1152 => 1920x1080 isn't a large change, so you won't notice as much difference between them than if you were use a proportionately larger change
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks!
    Quote Quote