VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everybody :

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum. I have a question about being able to stream internet movies onto my TV. I don't have a "smart tv", just a high definition tv...a Samsung 42 inch. I'm not sure WHERE to ask. I've been trying to find a forum site that discusses topics like this. My concern is finding an add-on to my tv that will connect with internet sites....like Netflix and Amazon Prime. I've already searched Amazon, they don't sell the FireStick anymore. I looked into ROKU, but they want a monthly service fee to add the Netflix ( even though I ALREADY have a Netflix subscription). Which makes ROKU a ripoff. Any ideas where to search.......and what forum sites discuss this ?
    Thanks
    garystan1952
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by garystan1952 View Post
    I looked into ROKU, but they want a monthly service fee to add the Netflix...
    Are you sure about that? Because I don't believe it's true. I know it's not true for Amazon Prime and have never heard of such a thing for NetFlix. Maybe you misinterpreted their requirement for your credit card number.

In any event, I'd recommend a Roku box. You'll use it for a lot more than Netflix and Amazon Prime.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Get a raspberry pi kit (with enclosure), etc and load up the kodi netflix addon (see https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ivacy.com/blog/how-to-install-kodi-netlfix-addon/amp/ ). Whole thing costs ~$60USD and you can customize so much to your liking.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by garystan1952 View Post
    I looked into ROKU, but they want a monthly service fee to add the Netflix...
    Are you sure about that? Because I don't believe it's true. I know it's not true for Amazon Prime and have never heard of such a thing for NetFlix. Maybe you misinterpreted their requirement for your credit card number.

In any event, I'd recommend a Roku box. You'll use it for a lot more than Netflix and Amazon Prime.
    I think you're spot on.

It's been a long time now, but I recall entering a cc number when setting up my first Roku.
    I have Prime and Netflix, also Hulu.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote