VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    From reading here I see ioEdit can recreate them. but it isn't working for me.
    Could I get a hand using it please? the files I have are

VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_0.VOB
    VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_1.VOB
    VIDEO_TS\VTS_03_1.VOB
    VIDEO_TS\VTS_03_2.VOB
    VIDEO_TS\VTS_03_3.VOB
    VIDEO_TS\VTS_03_4.VOB
    VIDEO_TS\VTS_03_5.VOB
    VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.VOB

Trying to burn in Nero tells me

Required file 'VTS_02_0.IFO' is not present
    Required file 'VTS_03_0.IFO' is not present
    DVD-Video files compliance test failed

I couldn't get ioEdit to make these although it did something, maybe made a new VOB file, but not sure.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I sort of did just that, but like one of the replies there said I don't end up with the expected .IFO files
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe join VOB files of the same VTS into one file then add that to AVStoDVD; repeat for the other VTS so that you now have multiple titles showing in the AVStoDVD window.
    It should write out a new DVD quickly as the mpeg files are already DVD compliant.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are the vob files joined with DOS command line copy File1, File 2... FileDest ? Or something else ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    To be honest, there is something rather odd about the files your list in your OP.

A series of vob files for a compliant dvd structure should surely start with VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.VOB whereas your series starts with 02_0.

That initself may be the reason why ifoedit is failing for you.

The other thing to try, reading the linked guide is to delete the .ifo and .bup file you have and start the process again.

One final thought. Are the files 03_1.vob, 03_2 to 03_4 the same size ? If not then you simply do not have compliant files to start with.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    without the sizes of the vobs listed it's hard to tell what they might be. play 02_0, 02_1, and 03_1 and report if they work and if they are menus or part of the video.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm stating to think the file I have may be corrupt or incomplete
    Their sizes are

VIDEO_TS.BUP 16 KB
    VIDEO_TS.IFO 16 KB
    VIDEO_TS.VOB 35,552 KB
    VTS_02_0.VOB 3,190 KB
    VTS_02_1.VOB 60,124 KB
    VTS_03_1.VOB 1,048,574 KB
    VTS_03_2.VOB 1,048,412 KB
    VTS_03_3.VOB 1,048,574 KB
    VTS_03_4.VOB 1,047,904 KB
    VTS_03_5.VOB 33,378 KB

If I drag a vob file into vlc, it doesn't play "well". Skips, pixalates etc. But I'm not sure what to expect.

Tried ifoEdit again and it did create these

VIDEO-TS.BUP 6 KB
    VIDEO-TS.IFO 6 KB
    VTS_01_0.BUP 12 KB
    VTS 01 0.IFO 12 KB

But Nero error is the same. Time to give up, or get another copy ?
    Last edited by kirkmc; 13th Oct 2017 at 19:56. Reason: Fix paste
    Quote Quote  
  9. You can find out for sure if the VOBs are okay or not. Open the VTS_03_1.VOB through VTS_03_5.VOB in DGIndex. Go File->Save Project and Demux Video. That will give you the M2V video, AC3 audio, and a D2V file you can toss. Open the M2V and AC3 in Muxman, give it a destination folder and 'Start'. The idea here is to demux your vobs and then reauthor them. If it works, you'll get a fully compliant DVD out of it. Then you can repeat the process with your VTS_02_1.VOB. Or, just forget about the rest and be content with the main movie.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i'd do something like manono says. turn it into an .mpg movie. either his way or vob2mpg might work. an authoring program like dvd-lab pro can also convert the vobs to mpg and create a new dvd if it's compliant to begin with.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried manonos suggestion with DGIndex and ended up with 'VTS_03_1.demuxed.m2v' which associated itself with Media Player Classic and would play. It was horribly pixelated though and no audio. I'm guessing further work wouldn't improve and most likely the source is the problem.
    Unless you advise further, I'll flag this for now and seek another copy. Thanks you all for the advice and help... it's impressive .
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by kirkmc View Post
    I tried manonos suggestion with DGIndex and ended up with 'VTS_03_1.demuxed.m2v' which associated itself with Media Player Classic and would play.
    The idea was to get the whole thing at once - load all the vobs. Like the pic below.

It was horribly pixelated though and no audio.
    An M2V is only video. You got the audio in a separate file. That's what demuxing means. If it's really pixelated, then possibly it wasn't decrypted to begin with.

You can also use DGIndex to cut a small piece for upload so we can have a look. Use the [ and ] buttons to isolate a short section and then save as before. You can upload it here or to some third party file sharing site and give the link.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	OpenDGIndex.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	43369  

Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Understood.. same results. Imade a segment of it as you described

https://www.dropbox.com/s/miwbap1lk0v9qyg/seg.zip?dl=0
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Since I asked the Q. about file sizes it is only right that I now respond to your reply.

The larger vobs are the 'right size' even though the sizes are not exact. Vobs should not exceed .99 gb for dvd, although I have seen some personal disks created with a single vob in excess of .99 gb.

Now the possible reason that Nero still complains is because ifoedit has now created VTS 01 0.IFO whereas you do not have any 01 vobs for it to link to. Might do that internally but I would never trust Nero with anything.

Even so, individual vobs should not be pixelated on playback. Feels like a poor attempt at copying a commercial dvd.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Even so, individual vobs should not be pixelated on playback. Feels like a poor attempt at copying a commercial dvd.
    I just had a look at it, too, and I think I agree.

I take it you didn't decrypt these to the hard drive yourself? If not, then better luck next time.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the responses, no I didn't originate it. Wife found it somewhere.. will delete forthwith! The exercise was worth it though, just in case it could be fixed and to learn a bit more.
    Quote Quote