VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Howdy,

I have a powerpoint of slides from a presentation and I also have the audio that was recorded from the speakers microphone. I just need to splice these together so I can have the audio track playing and then set when the various images appear as they did in the powerpoint. The thing I've used before is Windows Movie Maker but that doesn't seem to exist any more (Windows 10) so I'm looking for an alternative.

I don't need to use the PoiwerPoint as a slideshow. I can just save each slide as an image and add them in that way since that's probably easier.

Eventually, I might want to also add in a static video file of the speaker that would line up with the audio, and then have that fade into the images from the slides when needed.

If anyone can direct me to what I should be looking into, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    PowerPoint itself is probably the best choice, especially if you have already needed to sync your audio with your slides. Recent versions have been able to export to video files.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    PowerPoint itself is probably the best choice, especially if you have already needed to sync your audio with your slides. Recent versions have been able to export to video files.

Scott
    I've used Powerpoint up until now but it's a PITA trying to get timings right to have the slides switch at the right time.

I tried VideoPad last night by using the exported images from the slides and with that I was able to just skip ahead in the audio to where I wanted the next picture and just pop in the new one. Was way easier than screwing with powerpoint slide transition timings. I guess I'll keep trying with VideoPad unless someone has something better/easier.

I tried OpenSomething but had an issue with audio since I have a 40 minute long MP3. Also tried something else that was way more complex than what I was looking for.
    Quote Quote