VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

When I capture using Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle 3.0, the raw avi has audio, but when I drop it in the timeline in Vegas, there is only a video track. I don't have this problem when using my Pyro A/V Link capture unit.

I checked the audio Properties/Details; Blackmagic's bit rate is 2304kbps and Pryo's is 1536kbps. Does Vegas has an audio bit rate limit? Both files sample rates are 48k.

When capturing with the Shuttle, there is a "use HiFi audio Levels" and I have that un-checked.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sorry but vegas 12 is really old now. vegas pro it up to version 15. vegas 12 probably doesn't know how to interpret newer video formats.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    sorry but vegas 12 is really old now. vegas pro it up to version 15. vegas 12 probably doesn't know how to interpret newer video formats.
    I doubt it's a "newer format"

2304kbps is probably 24bit stereo uncompressed pcm wav
    1536kbps is probably 16bit stereo uncompressed pcm wav

Likely vegas isn't "expecting" 24bit audio in AVI container. 24bit uncompressed audio certainly works in vegas in other containers

A possible workaround is to import the audio separately (as a wav, you could re-wrap with ffmpeg or put it through audacity) , or remux into a different container like MOV which has better format support
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [QUOTE= or remux into a different container like MOV which has better format support[/QUOTE]

I'm not using the native audio with the avi, but it would be nice to have as a guide track. So I don't need the hi res 24 bit (if that's indeed what the Shuttle captures the audio at). When you say remux, do you mean convert the avi into a MOV file?
    Quote Quote  
  5. You should be able to tell the Shuttle to capture audio at 16 bits. It may have its own setting, or it may capture audio at your default Windows setting (in Win 8.1, look under Volume, Recording devices, (Shuttle or default recording device), Properties, Advanced)
    (EDIT this is for future recordings)
    Last edited by raffriff42; 9th Oct 2017 at 17:40. Reason: emphasis
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by clashradio View Post

I'm not using the native audio with the avi, but it would be nice to have as a guide track. So I don't need the hi res 24 bit (if that's indeed what the Shuttle captures the audio at). When you say remux, do you mean convert the avi into a MOV file?
    Yes, remux is just "rewrapping". Taking audio and video out of one container and putting it into another.

But if you are only using as a guide track, just demux the audio and import it separately as a WAV . It should be no problem, but if vegas still complains then convert to 16bit
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Blackmagic tech support said there is no control for audio. But I was able to confirm that the audio is 24bit (thanks poisondeathray). I dropped the file in DVDFAB and was able to demux it to 16/48. FAB properties showed the audio is 24b. Sorry, I'm green when it comes to muxing/remixing.

Thanks everyone for your help. I feel kinda stupid not even thinking about extracting/muxing the audio. Although I'm confused; I am able to render audio at 24/48, which is what the avi is.
    Quote Quote