VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all.
    There are some videos shared on google drive and the owner initially made them downloadable for viewers.
    I downloaded them from the download button (the arrow sign) and I got them in their original resolution without problems.
    Unfortunately, I lost the videos recently so I want to download them again. However, the owner has turned off the download availability!
    I do have idm popping up allowing me to download the videos but only up to 720p, I don't know why the original resolution is not in the option.
    Even viewing the video on the google drive itself is only up to 720p when the original resolution is more than that. When I originally downloaded them from
    the download button, I got the original size but even then, viewing on google drive was only available up to 720p.
    This is weird because some other videos are able to be watched in 1080p.
    Here, look at the picture I attached.
    Is there any way for me to get this video in its original size?
    [Attachment 43312 - Click to enlarge]
    I can't live without my computer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If the owner doesn't want you to have them any more, you shouldn't have them. Go back & talk to the owner and ask them to reconsider, or live with not having them. They were never yours to begin with. Consider them a loan (longterm, made shorter when you lost them).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    If the owner doesn't want you to have them any more, you shouldn't have them. Go back & talk to the owner and ask them to reconsider, or live with not having them. They were never yours to begin with. Consider them a loan (longterm, made shorter when you lost them).

Scott
    Hey, I purchased the videos! I didn't get them for free. I contacted the owner but didn't get any reply for days.
    Besides, even if I wasn't going to download them, how can I view it in its original resolution? That's the main question here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Think about this as if it were physical stock you purchased in a physical store and you'll realize the fragility & futility of your argument.
    Bummer about the delayed response though. Good luck with that.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Think about this as if it were physical stock you purchased in a physical store and you'll realize the fragility & futility of your argument.
    Bummer about the delayed response though. Good luck with that.

Scott
    Really? You're just a bully here. Like I said, the main point is about the fixing of the resolution option.
    If you are not going to be helpful, then you better not say anything.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I am trying to be helpful by pointing out the reality of the current IP & marketplace situation. You just don't like it.

Try putting yourself in their shoes.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to be helpful by pointing out the reality of the current IP & marketplace situation. You just don't like it.

Try putting yourself in their shoes.

Scott
    Look, the owner uploaded some videos on google drive and gave access to viewing them, specifically for those who purchase them, which I did.
    So where am I wrong in this? I have the right since that's the purpose of paying the owner : to view the videos.
    The video is actually in 1080p but I am only able to watch it in 720p at most, because of some stupid technical issues. And that's why I am here.
    You have gone out of topic, mister, by talking about the marketplace and etc.
    If you don't have the slightest idea on how to watch these videos in HD, then you're not helpful.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Google Drive does support versioning, but only for 30 days and only if the owner explicitly set that file up for that, and that would only apply if what they were offering before was the same name as it is now, so the odds are against you.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Google Drive does support versioning, but only for 30 days and only if the owner explicitly set that file up for that, and that would only apply if what they were offering before was the same name as it is now, so the odds are against you.

Scott
    You don't intend to help. You only want to win an argument which you don't.
    Like I said, some of the videos are playable in HD and some are not, so this has nothing to do with what Google Drive support or not, it is a technical issue.
    You don't get the point so I am not going to argue with you anymore.
    Quote Quote