VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there,
    first of all I really love this project and I'll do all the best to help you testing the area I'm interested in.

I've seen there are a lot of open parameter and this is great because I think this is the best way to reach the maximum quality is possible!

What is the best way to export a X264 blu ray encoded file at the maximum possible quality for a blu ray disc so that Encore dvd will not re-encode it?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Have a wonderful day and congratulation for your nice project.
    Last edited by MazingaZ; 5th Feb 2018 at 07:17.
    Quote Quote  
  2. #Voukoder developer
    Search PM
    Hello and thanks alot!

I really need (testing) feedback and appreciate it very much.

Unfortunately I am a programmer and not an expert in x264 options and configurations. But you can use any x264 guide, (almost) every command line parameter has an input field in the "Advanced" tab im Premiere.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have this Error in voukoder 0.6.0
    "file importer detected an inconsistency in the file structure. Reading and writing this files metadata (XMP) has been disabled"
    Quote Quote  
  4. #Voukoder developer
    Search PM
    Please update to 0.6.1 and try again. In the next release there will also be a voukoder logfile, that helps to track issues down.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Works fine!) Thank You very much!
    Last edited by cutman; 5th Mar 2018 at 09:19.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Love what you've done! So much faster encoding in h264. Is there anyway of getting a file size for final encodes before actually going through the encoding process. AME has this. I have to squeeze 1 - 2 hour events onto 16 gig flash drives & need to know the final size before taking the time to encode.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Any plans on adding a way a to use our own script for encoding and can you add an option for doing a 2 pass encode with ARB?

Awesome plugin, been waiting for something like this to come along.
    Last edited by Flyboy2; 1st May 2018 at 12:21.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Last I checked a few years ago, x264vfw did work with Media Encoder which can import projects from Adobe PP. Does this provide any more functionality than x264vfw in Media Encoder? Not to be dismissive of your work Vouk, I know that there was another x264 plugin for PP that the plugin developer was charging for. So this is still a nice free addition.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by KarMa View Post
    Does this provide any more functionality than x264vfw in Media Encoder?

1) no VFW limitations; MP4, MOV, MKV support , including proper muxing with audio
    2) more current, built from recent sources. x264vfw is rarely updated
    3) also supports x265/HEVC and potentially future codecs. Currently also Prores and NVEnc . FFV1 was in and out a few times too, I think it's currently out
    4) able to control Rec601 or Rec709 if a RGB=>YUV conversion if a conversion is required from a RGB timeline. x264vfw is forced to use Rec601
    5) 8,10 bitdepths and chroma subsampling options (e.g. x264vfw does not support 10bit)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Finally got around to testing it...much better quality than the default encoder, faster, good options, sticks in line with the architecture that Adobe is going (so won't be deprecated anytime soon), much more versatile and great use of opensource.

Five stars.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  11. #Voukoder developer
    Search PM
    Thanks guys! Are there any feature requests / things you like to have added to the voukoder?
    Quote Quote  
  12. A feature I would like to see added is an option for 2 pass encoding. 2nd pass using stat file from first.

Surprised, it already hasn't been requested.
    Last edited by Sender14; 1st May 2018 at 15:53.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Found a bug, 23.976 h264 encoding always ends up being 24fps.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Flyboy2 View Post
    Found a bug, 23.976 h264 encoding always ends up being 24fps.
    This only happens when you use MKV . MP4 not affected

I think he prefers bugs reported on the forum now
    https://www.voukoder.org/forum/board/12-bug-reports/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It crashes PPro CS5.0.3 (latest 0.7.2) when selecting in export; haven't tried on any other Premiere version.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    Vouk, thank you so much for doing this - you are a star!

I'm also getting "file importer detected an inconsistency in the file structure. Reading and writing this files metadata (XMP) has been disabled". Voukoder 0.8.2. x264, 4k->1080, about 25 min sequence, PrPro 2018 12.1.1.

Let me know if I can get you more info!

Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  17. #Voukoder developer
    Search PM
    Please provide your encoding settings and your voukoder.log file. You can find it in your %TMP% directory.

Edit: The minimum supported version is CS6.
    Last edited by Vouk; 26th Jun 2018 at 13:50.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    Hello again

Sorry for the late reply. After a lot of troubleshooting, it shows that the error was due to a bug in premiere that makes it impossible to export files above a certain length with subtitles. When I removed the subtitles, the export went smoothly.

If anyone experiences the same problem, here's the workaround rute I went for having a video file with subs:

First export the video without subs.

Then export the subs as a video file by itself with 'Quicktime' selected as format and 'Animation' as the codec. Under video settings make sure all you preferences are correct for highest quality and then also select '8-bpc + aplha' below 'render at maximum depth'.

Lastly, layer your subs-video with your project and don't forget to disable the original subtitles track.

Hope this save someone the hours and days of searching and experimenting I went through.

And thank you again, Vouk, for making this totally awesome project! I will report back with logs etc., if I get any errors in the future.

Best wishes,

Hannibal
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Finally got around to using it, works as well as one could hope. Just had to figure out that it's labeled as Voukoder under formats. Spent so much time looking for x264 or H.264 labels until I stumbled on it. Thanks for this!
    Last edited by KarMa; 7th Jul 2018 at 02:01.
    Quote Quote  
  20. #Voukoder developer
    Search PM
    I think it's about time for me to make some kind of guide/presentation video on youtube.
    Become a Voukoder patron and support the project on Patreon!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Vouk View Post
    I think it's about time for me to make some kind of guide/presentation video on youtube.
    That would be great!
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    This is awesome, thanks so much. A huge convenience for hobbyists. Look forward to using this for my next project, and for recommending to others to use over the built-in h264 options which leave a lot to be desired.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Small bug or quality of life suggestion: Recently had a situation with my internet provider were I could ping any website and could momentary connect to any website but actual data rates were close to nill. My DSL connection to my local DSLAM was fine with great stats and was a problem further up their network. My ISP was not helpful during my outage, they didn't even admit there was a problem even though there were dozens of us. So I can only guess it was a port or peering issue. During the outage my computer (Win7) thought it had internet access but in actual use it didn't really.

During the outage I decided to spend my time editing a video together and then outputting it with Voukoder in Premiere. Only problem was that Premiere and Media Encoder would both freeze when trying to use Voukoder. Probably wasted an hour trying to figure out what was going on until I saw in Resource Manager that Voukoder was trying to connect to voukoder.com, I'm guess to relay statistical information. Once I disable my network card the freezing stopped and all worked well. My only suggestion is that there might be a 3-5 second timeout command if it can't relay the information to prevent the entire program from locking up. Besides that the program works great.
    Last edited by KarMa; 7th Sep 2018 at 06:00.
    Quote Quote  
  24. #Voukoder developer
    Search PM
    Thanks for pointing this out.

Voukoder is performing an up-to-date check. It does not send any other information but it's current version number and asking for the latest version.

I will add a timeout, yes.
    Quote Quote  
  25. First I would like to thank the developer for this wonderful plugin. It is really very functional. I did some tests and I can say that he has nothing superfluous. For a long time I used Tmpgenc. But I think Tmpgenc is much more complicated in settings than Voukoder. I think I could with pleasure change Tmpgenc to Voukoder. The only thing that didn’t really like is that the writting library is being written in Media Info. Is there a way to disable this? I would be grateful for the advice.
    Quote Quote  
  26. I found Adobe PP or AME's H.264 encoding quality is pretty low comparing to FFmpeg. I googled and gladly found this article. This is very promising. Thanks Vouk for your work!
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just noticed this project. Looks really interesting!

The minimum supported version is CS6.
    Dang! I'm using CS5.5.
    Quote Quote  
  28. For years, I've being using FFmpeg (x264) to encode videos. I'm amazed of its bitrate/quality.

I've never been satisfied with PR or AME's H.264 encoding quality. For example, a Canon 6D2 30Mbps HD/24p clip, after sharpen in PR, I usually need AME 50Mbps (the max settings) to resolve details, the "Match Source High Quality" preset 15Mbps is not enough, it lost details.

With this plugin, encoded with slow preset CRF 20, I got 7.5Mbps video, and the quality matches AME 50Mbps. See the attached screenshot for 100% crop. Note:
    On still part, AME 50Mbps and x264 7.5Mbps has texture details on floor, AME 15Mbps does not.
    On action part, see the red vest of the boy, AME 15Mbps has JPG artifact, the other two don't.

Vouk did a great job to bring back real power of H.264.

Thank you!
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	12 x264 quality.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	473.4 KB
ID:	48416  

Last edited by hw360; 16th Mar 2019 at 09:35.
    Quote Quote  
  29. #Voukoder developer
    Search PM
    Thanks, guys.

Oh, and yes: Voukoder has similar quality compared to FFmpeg because it is using FFmpeg / libav inside.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    How do you install the core in Premiere Pro?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Error.png
Views:	39
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	51973  

Quote Quote