VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, unfortunately I removed folder with my video before month but and successfully I restored video files using this application: Restoration - http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/RESTORATION.html ... I hope that successfully becuase file-size looks ok. It is different size between 100 MB - 4GB.
    I tried to used tool which help me in past. --> http://grauonline.de/cms2/?page_id=5 but after process video wasn't repaired.
    Is there some possibility how to fix videos?

Please help and thanks a lot!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    try recurva. If you check deep scan and seerching for video, and your files appears with green that means your file is o.k. and can be fully recovered. But notice that is better to recover the file to different drive.
    If you have problem with playing recovered video, it can be because the part of the videos was rewrited with some other files. And if this happened there is hardly way to recover it. It can be possibly repaired when header is corrupted, which in this case is very small chance. You can try to play it in potplayer or similar software, that can play corrupted files (in some cases)
    Edit: filesize in this case means nothing...

Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 6th Oct 2017 at 10:01.
    Quote Quote  
  3. It looks bad. Recuva found all 10 deleted files but just one with green icon in excellent state and also this file is not possible play. It looks that I lost my memories.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you recovered the "green file" to different disc ? And cant it be the file you recovered eaelier? Because it is untouched when green, so i dont understand it... Sorry

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  5. Try this one: http://www.z-a-recovery.com/

It's the one I've had most successes with (Edit: of free programs).

Sometimes, however, I've needed to combine partially recovered videos with a hex editor.

If it was last month you deleted the folder and you didn't find out until now and still are using the drive, then it's probably too late.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    Have you recovered the "green file" to different disc ? And cant it be the file you recovered eaelier? Because it is untouched when green, so i dont understand it... Sorry

Bernix
    Unfortunately is not possible play this video although disk is restored to different disk also physicaly because video was on disk D(classic HDD) and it was recoverd to C(SSD). Also I try to fix recovered video with Video Repair Tool but unsuccessfully.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by andkar View Post
    Try this one: http://www.z-a-recovery.com/

It's the one I've had most successes with (Edit: of free programs).

Sometimes, however, I've needed to combine partially recovered videos with a hex editor.

If it was last month you deleted the folder and you didn't find out until now and still are using the drive, then it's probably too late.
    Not helped.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    A deleted video IS NOT restoring.
    That's data recovery, not video restoration. Not the same.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  9. Late, but still might be of use to someone: for GoPro, Xiaomi & some other cameras, there is an online tool at restore.media. It has special algorithms of recovery, which factors in that the file has been previously deleted, and then restored with some undelete tool. It's an updated version of recover_mp4, and a good one, - for most file types, works like a charm.
    Quote Quote