VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi dear developers.
    Subrip is a great app, but need one thing more to be covering everything.
    I have a lot of movies with arabic subtitle (hardcoded)< and I noticed the app not supporting ( acually there is no program supporting arabic lang) , but i notice 1 good thing in subrip, the app has exellant grapping the subtitle and was able to border the words along with the timing.

because of that, the only thing needed here to save this subtitle as idx/sub or sup,

and i am ready to pay money for that.

waiting for replays
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    can you post about a minute where is at least 3 subtitles changes? I would like to test it in subtitle edit.
    Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Bernix View Post
    Hi,
    can you post about a minute where is at least 3 subtitles changes? I would like to test it in subtitle edit.
    Bernix

???
    what do you mean?

am asking to save the subtitle as idx/sub and with no need for OCR
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You said
    lot of movies with arabic subtitle (hardcoded) subtitle
    so I thought you want get them and export them f.e. as sub or idx/sub. That can be done in Subtitle edit. Just want to try ocr hardcoded subtitles in this program.
    How to do it in Subtitle edit

Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jaffar View Post
    You said they're hardcoded, right? So, to get them they have to be OCR'd. Provide what Bernix asked without arguing or go away.

but i notice 1 good thing in subrip, the app has exellant grapping the subtitle and was able to border the words along with the timing.
    Subrip is also supposed to OCR hardcoded subtitles. Did you do that already? If so, is all you need is converting SRT or some other text-based file to VobSubs or SUP? If you already have the subs, please provide them here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by jaffar View Post
    Subrip is also supposed to OCR hardcoded subtitles. Did you do that already? If so, is all you need is converting SRT or some other text-based file to VobSubs or SUP? If you already have the subs, please provide them here.
    i did mentioned that OCR cannot read Arabic subtitle, and did say needed with out OCR

OCR = turn idx/sub to srt,

and my purpose is idx/sub not srt, because of this "OCR cannot read Arabic subtitle"

ok dear, i will not argue with you,, here website has alot of movies with arabic subtitle hardcoded

h t t p : / /a r a b l i o n z . t v /
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    i think you did not understand my point, i will explain again

subtitle edit, cannnot read the hardcoded subtitle, and i need idx/sub to manage OCR then srt (here i have allready data will allow me to turn idx to srt, that i bought it from an arabic firend)

so, i do not have the ixd/sub file, so i need it

subrip (win app) can read the sub from the movie along with the timing, but it force OCR function< so, I dont want OCR ( because the app not supporting arabic at all and it cannot be read automatically same as the subtitle edit.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by jaffar View Post

Wrong. OCR is turning images to text. You have images in a film and you want to turn them into text. Only then can they be converted to VobSubs or to SUP files. There's no such thing as getting VobSubs directly from hardcoded subtitles.

Maybe it can't be done with Arabic subs, I don't know. But no one can even try without a sample with which to work. There are such things as Arabic text subtitle files, so I'm not sure I believe you that OCR will never work for the Arabic language.

Just do as Bernix requested. What is so hard about that?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by jaffar View Post

Wrong. OCR is turning images to text. You have images in a film and you want to turn them into text. Only then can they be converted to VobSubs or to SUP files. There's no such thing as getting VobSubs directly from hardcoded subtitles.

Maybe it can't be done with Arabic subs, I don't know. But no one can even try without a sample with which to work. There are such things as Arabic text subtitle files, so I'm not sure I believe you that OCR will never work for the Arabic language.

Just do as Bernix requested. What is so hard about that?

ok, am not wrong then, because idx/sub it is image subtitle dear

subRip (win App) already was able to grab this subtitle and add border on them, and their timing as well,

but it force OCR function ( to turn the subtitle to txt)----------and i dont want this

so the idea is to save this image (that subrip grab it allready) with their timing as idx or sup
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by jaffar View Post
    so the idea is to save this image (that subrip grab it allready) with their timing as idx or sup
    And I told you it can't be done.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    if i can find app programer.. it can be
    Quote Quote  
  12. I made a test:

Hardcoded some arabic subtitles on a video.

Used that in AviSubDetector. It creates BMP images for the subtitles found and a SRT file.

Opened the SRT file in Subtitle Edit and exported as BDN xml/png subtitles.

Edited the XML file to use the BMP images and converted the subtitles to IDX/SUB with BDSup2sub.

In the attached .zip is the video with the resulting IDX/SUB titles.

Judge for yourself if it's worth the trouble.

Also there is a filter (PodPis) for VirtualDub that I never got to work.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    I made a test:

Hardcoded some arabic subtitles on a video.

Used that in AviSubDetector. It creates BMP images for the subtitles found and a SRT file.

Opened the SRT file in Subtitle Edit and exported as BDN xml/png subtitles.

Edited the XML file to use the BMP images and converted the subtitles to IDX/SUB with BDSup2sub.

In the attached .zip is the video with the resulting IDX/SUB titles.

Judge for yourself if it's worth the trouble.

Also there is a filter (PodPis) for VirtualDub that I never got to work.

veeeeery nice,, I checked it now >> this is what i want.. but i dont know if i did it correctlly.

i exchanged the BMP image with the png image resulted from subtitle Edit, and manually changed their format to PNG and rename them one by one.

this will be heavy for full movie (has more than 1000 sub).... the is auto way for this?? (exchange BMP with PNG and rename them)
    Last edited by jaffar; 9th Oct 2017 at 06:48.
    Quote Quote  
  14. but i dont know if i did it correctlly.
    I don't believe there's a correct way but here's what I did:

First I used Bulk Rename to rename the BMP files, eg HardCoded.orig.00010.bmp to 0010.bmp.

Then I edited the XML file to use .BMP instead of .PNG, eg 0001.png to 0001.bmp

So there was no BMP to PNG conversion. If you want Irfan View can do this in a batch.

here i have allready data will allow me to turn idx to srt, that i bought it from an arabic firend
    If this means making OCR from the IDX/SUB files I would just mention that Subtitle Edit (File -> Import Images ...) can make OCR on the original BMP (or export them as IDX/SUB)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Export.png
Views:	103
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	43334
    Last edited by videobruger; 9th Oct 2017 at 14:13. Reason: spelling
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    nice, i like this app Bulk rename hhhhhhhh

yes about the OCR, but still i did not receive the data for the subtitle edit

i tried now,, no need for rename bulk... jut opened srt file result from avisubdetector with subtitle edit ,the i made same as the pic you posted

and the idx/sub saved

thanks sooooo much
    Quote Quote