VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Well I don't know of any $100 cameras that'll do what you want, but if you can come up with a little more scratch, I personally recommend the Canon PowerShot S100 12.1mp camera for excellent image quality in both still and video (1080) modes. It's a "point and shoot" camera BUT can go full manual, or pretty close, AND does RAW if you want, AND it has image stabilization AND t is just wonderful in very low light conditions. You can (usually) find one used on ebay for around $200-$250 -- I paid $350 for one of these new (on sale) a few years ago, and got another on ebay for ~$200, and I love love LOVE this camera. I've traveled around the world with it and taken thousands of photos, and with the image stabilization and low light abilities, I've gotten "lucky shots" that turned out great when I only had a few seconds to try and catch something. Bonus: Canon service has been excellent for me, I had a lens retraction problem with the used camera (out of warranty) and because there were a bunch of S100s that had/have this issue, Canon fixed it for free, even out of warranty.

So check out the Canon PowerShot S100 and see if might work for your needs and budget!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Thanks ozymango, I'll check it out.
    Quote Quote