VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    [Attachment 43261 - Click to enlarge]

hey guys new here but i could never find an answer.

so i have an .avi saved from a webcam recording. the file is 22.6 gb big and the playback should be around an hour.

yet for some reason as you can see the file only shows up as 5 seconds long. here are some things ive tried

-using div++ to repair it. I can strip the shell from it, all i get is "error 87" and nothing happens

- using HD video repair utilitity 1.9. it scans the file which takes about 5 minutes, then when i click repair it does nothing... it says above the info box "if nothing happens it means it could not repair it"

-using multiple video converters to try and convert it from anything to a MOV, to a normal mp4 etc. the conversions only take legit 5 seconds and all i get is another, far smaller 5 second video...

does anyone have suggestions??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In short your file is corrupt.

If you read down the mediainfo report you can see that the video stream is less than 4 meg not 20 gig.

The codec MsCram is very old. I do not know how efficient it was but even an hour of DV video would only be 13 gig. I have not done the precise maths but my quick calculation is that your 1 hour file should have been closer to 5 gig not 22.
    Quote Quote