VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ripping my movie collection to serve them up from Windows 10 over DLNA media server to PS4 and/or Xbox One. Working on 3d blu rays right now.

Tried MakeMKV to write to MKV, but won't play at all on Xbox One, and PS4 plays it 2D without sound.

Does anyone have a tried and true method? Want to be able to view the movies on at least one of the consoles, in 3D with at least 5.1 sound. And preferably with subtitles preserved. Am also fine plugging in an external hard drive directly to a console if needed instead of media server.

Thanks for any help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does the ps4 have the latest update ??
    If not, then update your ps4 3d bluray are now supported
    Last edited by october262; 28th Sep 2017 at 12:38.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thought it did though I see there's a 4.74 update. Applying now.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Ah, saw your edit and get what you were asking.

Yes, the PS4 plays 3D blu rays fine, if you put the disk into the PS4. (Edit: So does the Xbox One)

But I haven't been able to get it to play in 3D a rip made from said disk.
    Quote Quote  
  5. So anyone? Anyone ever get a ripped 3d blu ray to play on a console?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can't comment directly on your situation since I don't own a PS4 or a 3D TV and I haven't streamed any type of video to a console in ages but DVDFAB can produce a cloned iso which can be burned and played as a 3D frame packed disc on a PS3 connected to a 3D ready DLP projector and compatible glasses. Side by side should work too with the right playback equipment. As far as I recall PowerDVD and Potplayer among others will play 3D discs as Red/Blue but that's not the best option. I haven't attempted conversion to other formats. I've only experimented with this on a BD50-RW a while back and I'm fuzzy on the details. Keep in mind this was still playing the disc on the console and not loading it internally or putting it on an external hdd.
    Last edited by gll99; 1st Oct 2017 at 11:53.
    There's not much to do but then I can't do much anyway.
    Quote Quote