VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have editied small movies that are in a MP4 format on my computer(MP4 format same as video recorded on my cannon) when i take the sd card out of camera & plug into computer,it plays the cannon recorded video. But I transferred my lil edited home MP4 movies from computer to camcorder SD card, but the home video is NOT recoginizable on the cannon camcorder. I even made SURE that the bitrates, etc match up to how the cannon records its video.
    Quote Quote  
  2. use a mobile phone for playing on a small screen, use the camcorder only for recording
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    My Nikon DSLR cannot show any image other than what the camera made.....it's perfectly normal.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I under stand, but Im trying to convert my home video to same codec as camera so i CAN play it of camera
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mostly even if the encoder setting and all other parameter are the same, the camcorder or any other camera of any kind will not accept files not created with the camera itself. The cheapest solution is to use the already available smartphone to playback on a small screen. Or what is the purpose to playback on the camcorder. Maybe we find better solution which indeed works.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Previous Jan 2017, I had a my winows XP computer using Pinnacle video editing software, I'd make a lil vidoe movie(i make lil 3 m videos from every week that i ride). After video was made, the thenPinnacle9.3 would allow me to save it on computer, or send to back to my camcorder via 1394 firewire, I would then go to my StandAlone magnavox DVD HDD Recorder & transfer to a DVD & HDD,thus I could add movies till disc was full, then FINALIZE it. Now Jan 2017, I have new Windows 10 PRo, New Pinnacle 20, but pinnacle does nt offer me to send edited movie bk to camcorder as I use to with my older Pinnacle & do my transfer.
    I have a Cannon Camcorder R82, My ONLY solution to do what i was doing is put my edited movie on the SD card & play it/transfer it to my standalone Magnaovox as i use to do. But thats why i want to convert to a codec that the camcorder would play.
    All the DVD burner programs only off multi sessions on data DVD9not recogniable by standalones players)
    If ya burn it as a video, I makes you finalize it afterwards., thus cannot add more movies
    I hope i explained good, & THANKS for halp
    Quote Quote  
  7. "If ya burn it as a video, I makes you finalize it afterwards., thus cannot add more movies" DVD-RW can.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  8. If you want to make a DVD, you authorize a DVD.
    So you always export a mpeg2 file out of videoeditor with DVD specs. Always with the same specs. Then you join them to one lossless mpeg2 file (using mpeg2cut2 for example) and then make a DVD out of that one final, joined file, using a software , not a hardware. Use avstoDVD for example to authorize a DVD.

DV and HDV camcorders allowed backing up to tape, back to camcorder, those were tape camcorders. That format DV or HDV could be edited losslessly again DV or HDV. But capture from camcorder and print to tape was a cumbersome. 1 hour footage lasted 1 hour to capture or print to tape.

Nowadays, when camcorders are not using tapes and there are many devices like players, TV's, phones and tons of other media players, which can playback videos, and there is plenty of digital storage's available (usb thumdrives, hardiscs, web storages, web platforms (you'd be surprised how many people just post their videos to web and that's it) that old approach was abandoned. You just need to export your video from your videoeditor (most likely not losslessly) and store it somewhere and have a device to play it back. Phone, TV, media player, PC. Not your camcorder though. People are abandoning DVD's at all. They are not using them like they used to. You do not even have to join them together. That is a thing from the past. You just name them apropriatelly and they will line up in a folder one after each other.
    Last edited by _Al_; 24th Sep 2017 at 15:36.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by rrtbusa View Post
    I under stand, but Im trying to convert my home video to same codec as camera so i CAN play it of camera
    NOT gonna happen.
    Quote Quote