VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If so, what editing software did you use?

The editing software I have produces problems at cut points with Rocket mp4 files, but not necessarily with non-Rocket mp4 files.

EDIT: Avidemux 2.7.1 32-bit version works where Smart Cutter 1.9.4 failed. Avidemux successfully edited mp4 produced by Hauppauge Rocket without leaving gray pixel blur at cut points, and it doesn't seem to re-encode if you select Copy. The resulting mp4 can be played on PS3.
    Last edited by GSP_87; 30th Jun 2018 at 18:52. Reason: Solution found.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What program are you using to edit?

Simple edits, maybe try AVIDemux or similar. Others here: https://www.videohelp.com/software/sections/video-editors-h264-avc

Problems at cut points are common for highly compressed video formats and with variable bitrate videos.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Smart Cutter leaves gray blockiness at cut points: start, middle, end.

The video should be constant bitrate, if I remember correctly since the variable option is grayed out.

I'm interested in editing software someone has used and proved to be capable for Hauppauge Rocket mp4's, not random suggestions since I can't afford to buy all sorts of software just to see if they will work.
    Quote Quote  
  4. AviDemux is freeware. It'll cost you nothing but some time to find out if it works for you.
    Quote Quote  
  5. can I have a sample file, so I can test?
    Quote Quote