VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi all,

I take a lot of videos with my Galaxy Samsung S7 @ 60fps. I use 60fps because I do a lot of fast panning and quick activities which require the extra frames resulting in a more smooth video. The videos I take are usually around 25000kbps.

I use Sony Vegas to edit them into a single video and render at 60fps and take the quality down to 15000kbps.

The resulting videos have random choppy/jerky moments in them. They don't appear to be random. I re-play the video and the choppiness appears at the same point in the video. Something strange happened during conversion and I'm not sure what it is! I did not change the frame rate and I do not 'allow the source to change the framerate'.

Has this happened to anybody else? I can provide exact conversion details if needed

thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Variable frame rate ?
    You set Vegas project with 60fps, export 60 fps but new frames needs to be created anyway here or there.

Without an example difficult to be exact. Try to set disable re-sample for the clip if it is going to look better. Vegas would just copied missing frames.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

The exact input fps is the exact output fps. So no frame-play is taking place.
    Disable re-sample does not come into play at all when fps is the same.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if you uploaded before and after sample someone might be able to help. not enough info without. it doesn't happen unless you are doing something wrong.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For Vegas use Debug Frameserver and encode using VIDCODER/RIPBOT264/HYBRID

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  6. Open your encoded video in an editor and step through frame by frame. Are there any duplicate frames? Missing frames?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by s34n04 View Post
    Hi,

The exact input fps is the exact output fps. So no frame-play is taking place.
    Disable re-sample does not come into play at all when fps is the same.
    Yes, unless video has variable frame rate, can you confirm it is not the case?
    When you check clip properties and media TAB, format attributes, do you see exact 60.000fps or some other number that is pretty close to it? That would mean variable frame rate. Note, 59.940 would be ok, that is not a variable frame rate and project should be set with that frame rate as well, but I doubt that Samsung records that frame rate, I could be wrong though.
    Or check mediainfo listing.
    Last edited by _Al_; 21st Sep 2017 at 21:08.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Did you confirm your source material's frame rate with mediainfo? My S8 shoots variable frame rate even in (60) mode.
    Quote Quote