VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am looking for software to view a video frame by frame as well as expand the image like one would in a picture. My wish list is as follows.
    View an image on each screen on my two headed system. For example, I would like to view frame 305 on one screen and say frame 328 on the other.
    Subtract the two images to see added pixels.
    Use the arrow key or similar to advance each frame and the back up frame by frame.
    Show a counter to list the image number.
    Delete unwanted frames.
    Open source a plus.
    Last edited by MachineVision Guy; 19th Sep 2017 at 14:03.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I can explain how to do something like that in vdfm, maybe except the part where you want to delete frames. But this is quite unnatural workflow.
    In short, if you are familiar with VirtualDub look and feel, what you can do:
    add filter "fflayer" - this will hold your second frame
    add filter "blend layers" - set it to mix original source and the previous filter, mode "difference"
    open "Filter view" for first filter and expand it to another monitor
    open normal preview for the second filter
    You cannot delete frames trivially but you can set markers on unwanted frames, maybe it helps.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I was deleting individual frames in vdfm just yesterday. I wasn't expecting it to work but it just did. It was an I-frames only video, if that makes any difference. Step forward, land on a frame you don't want, press delete: the frame is removed and the timeline moves to the next frame.
    Quote Quote  
  4. But it does not work from filters. So maybe OP can set markers, then return to main UI and use next-delete-next-delete hotkeys
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The left right arrow keys have me sold. I have a Canon 60D camera mounted on a gantry and focused on moving parts that are too fast for me to track accurately by eye. Using the arrow keys are great. I will use it and learn more. Thank you very much.
    Quote Quote