VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Hi, can any users of super file converter confirm whether it can achieve the above please?, and if so how.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Take a look at BD3D2MK3D. It has a bit of a learning curve but it'll make you understand the process.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Brilliant, thanks I'll check it out.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Just use MakeMKV.
    Once MakeMKV has opened the disc, you have a list of Titles, with a little icon and tick box on the left hand side.
    Click on the little icon to "open" the title information and you will see all the audio/sub title tracks etc.
    If it's 3D ISO then you will also see a video stream and a box that you can tick that says Mpeg4-MVC-3D - if you don't tick then you get a 2D mkv, tick and it's 3D.
    You can also select in the advanced options under preferences e.g. +sel:mvcvideo
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Antoine Jerry View Post
    Just use MakeMKV.
    I wasn't aware that MakeMKV could produze 3d SBS...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Can it also produce 3d TAB?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Cheers Antoine, I will try this.

BD3D2MK3D would not accept the iso files.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Ennio View Post
    I wasn't aware that MakeMKV could produze 3d SBS...
    It can't. MakeMKV will copy AVC/MVC 1:1 from the disc to mkv. No SBS.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Captainfearless View Post
    BD3D2MK3D would not accept the iso files.
    You have to mount the iso in virtual drive software. Virtual CloneDrive is a good tool for it. Mount it, set BD3D2MK3D to Bluray 3D input and browse to the virtual drive.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm the author of BD3D2MK3D, and I can confirm that it can open a BD ISO, but you have to mount it first. You can mount the ISO without any additional software with Windows 10. For older versions, you need a tool like VirtualCloneDrive. There are other free alternatives if you wish.

Note that BD3D2MK3D requires Avisynth properly installed on your system. For the other requirements, see the installation section on the BD3D2MK3D home page.

BD3D2MK3D is made to re-encode the video in Half or Full SBS or TAB, or even in Frame Sequential format, with x264 or x265. If you select carefully the output format and x264/x265 options, the resulting MKV can be played with all 3D players, including any 3D TV, at the difference of the AVC+MVC 3D format created by MakeMKV, that can only be played with two software players running exclusively under Windows. However, BD3D2MK3D can use an AVC+MVC MKV created by MakeMKV as input, to re-encode it to another, more useful format. MakeMKV is therefore a good tool to extract and decrypt the main movie from the original BD, and feed it to BD3D2MK3D.
    Last edited by r0lZ; 25th Sep 2017 at 03:39.
    r0lZ - PgcEdit homepage Hosted by VideoHelp (Thanks Baldrick)
    - BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D BD to 3D SBS/T&B/FS MKV
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
    I'm the author of BD3D2MK3D
    Hi r0lZ,

I have a question. I've tried to encode 3 BDs with moderate success. Once it did the whole process perfectly, and with stellar results I should say. The other two BDs stopped just after
    Whole job took 42 minutes and 24 seconds.

Successfully done.

Launch "__ENCODE_3D_LAUNCHER.cmd" to encode the 3D video (and optionally mux to MKV).

************************************************** *****************************
    () 1 %
    with the success! window and Accept button, but no further MKV encoding occured. I do set the When encoding is finished mux to MKV tick box. Something else I should check? I believe I did set everything the same at first.

Thanks,
    Quote Quote  
  12. As explained in the dialog that appears at the end of the creation of the project, you must manually launch __ENCODE_3D_LAUNCHER.cmd. It will start the encoding and finally mux the final MKV. Then it will shut the computer down if that option has been selected in the last tab. (These phases use a Command Prompt window only, as I believe that leaving the BD3D2MK3D GUI opened during that long operation doesn't make sense.)

If you tick the option to "Exit and encode after successful demux" in the little progress window that replaces the main BD3D2MK3D window during the creation of the project, you don't have to launch it manually. If everything was fine during the creation of the project, BD3D2MK3D will launch the encoding process for you, and then close itself. You don't need to wait the end of the project creation to launch yourself __ENCODE_3D_LAUNCHER.cmd. Of course, if something went wrong, the encoding will not start.

(The option "When encoding is finished mux to MKV" in the last tab of the main window has another usage. You should leave it enabled if you want the automatic creation of the final MKV after the encoding. If you unselect it, you have to mux the MKV file yourself. That's an option for power users who want to add external audio or subtitle streams in the MKV, or change the default mux settings. Just leave it enabled, and everything should be fine.)
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    If you tick the option to "Exit and encode after successful demux" in the little progress window that replaces the main BD3D2MK3D window during the creation of the project, you don't have to launch it manually.

Ahh, that was it. However, sometimes I leave my PC to encode stuff unattended. Is it possible to do the whole process fully automated?
    I want to donate to you, where? Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Well, you have to prepare the project, launch it and tick the "Exit and encode after successful demux" option as soon as it appears. Then, you can leave the PC and the final MKV will be ready some hours later. It is better, however, to verify if everything went correctly after the creation of the project, as the encoding will not start in case of a fatal error, but that should never be the case.

BD3D2MK3D is totally free, at least currently, but if you want to donate, visit the PgcEdit homepage (see my signature), and you'll see a "Donate" button that you can use to send whatever you want via Paypal. As a bonus, if you donate at least €10, you will receive the key to unlock PgcEdit. Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    BD3D2MK3D is totally free, at least currently, but if you want to donate, visit the PgcEdit homepage (see my signature), and you'll see a "Donate" button that you can use to send whatever you want via Paypal. As a bonus, if you donate at least €10, you will receive the key to unlock PgcEdit. Thanks in advance!
    Done.

Last question. Two successful encodes, both with CRF 18 but one has a 10GB video and the other (made with your last build) has a 3GB video. Both TAB. I have read your extensive post about quality doesn't equal size in x264, but I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better a little extra than 3GB. How should I set it up? Or is it calculated automatically despise the CRF?
    Quote Quote  
  16. First, verify if the 3GB video is correct near the end of the movie. Two users have reported problems with the latest x264 builds, and it may have produced black images from a certain point in the movie. (I am currently investigating that problem, but I will probably simply wait a fix from the x264 team.)

If the 3GB video is correct, its size may be small simply because it is easy to compress, and you should not worry. If you really want to give it more bitrate, you can lower the CRF value, but the final size of the video stream is difficult to predict. Or you can also encode in 2-pass and give the desired final file size. However, if you have read my explanations about 2-pass and quality, you know that I don't recommend using 2-pass, unless it is absolutely necessary to control the final file size.

I've received your donation. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    First, verify if the 3GB video is correct near the end of the movie. Two users have reported problems with the latest x264 builds, and it may have produced black images from a certain point in the movie. (I am currently investigating that problem, but I will probably simply wait a fix from the x264 team.)
    Last 3GB video has a tiny problem. If I skip through the search bar past de 2hr mark (using KODI) it doesn't skip at first, but if I try many times it finally does. No problem before the 2hr mark. Besides that, no black sections afaik. I'll watch the whole thing tonight
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by slit View Post
    If I skip through the search bar past de 2hr mark (using KODI) it doesn't skip at first, but if I try many times it finally does.
    Strange. I have never seen that. But I don't use Kodi.

Could it be because your source is corrupt? A bad audio stream can lead to that kind of problems.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by slit View Post
    If I skip through the search bar past de 2hr mark (using KODI) it doesn't skip at first, but if I try many times it finally does.
    Strange. I have never seen that. But I don't use Kodi.

Could it be because your source is corrupt? A bad audio stream can lead to that kind of problems.
    Hey, sorry for the late response.

The video encode of that file starts to stutter at 2:08:15 but it resyncs after a whole minute of stuttering, sound is ok, no more problems whatsoever. Strange thing is, I did two encodings (one with CRF18 and the other at CRF 14) but the two of them share the same behaviour at the same point. Could it be the x264 encoder? I'm using your latest BD3D2MK3D. No problems in other files, shorter than 2hr though.
    Quote Quote  
  20. [QUOTE=slit;2509228]
    Could it be the x264 encoder? I'm using your latest BD3D2MK3D.
    I don't think so. I did several very long encodings without problem.

I suspect something wrong in the source video, but honestly, I'm not sure.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    I suspect something wrong in the source video, but honestly, I'm not sure.
    Got the original file again, re-rendered, and it happened at the same spot when converted. Could it be that I did start doing thing with the computer while there was still 1hr to finish the encode? I remember doing it on the previous encode, too. Should we leave the computer unattended for the whole process?

Thanks r0lZ
    Quote Quote  
  22. Normally, x264 can continue its job while you are doing other things, but somewhat more slowly. Of course, if there is not enough memory for the two processes, one of them may fail, but you should see a message from Windows.

x264 doesn't react well when a portable PC goes to sleep more, but if you launch the encoding with the LAUNCHER, that should never happen.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Hi,

is there any loss in quality with BD3D2MK3D? Do I have double the size after converting?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Usually you do a lossy encode so technically there is quality loss. If you use enough bitrate (low enough CRF) you will probably not see it (we call that "transparent"), though. Size can be 1/10, double, triple .. whatever you want. You decide how much quality you want to sacrifice. Most people set CRF to something in the 18 .. 20 range and are happy with the quality with usually much smaller file than original Blu-Ray.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Correct. The file size and the quality are determined by the encoding mode and CRF, CQ or bitrate parameter, but also by various h264 options. If you use a slow preset, the quality will be better for a similar file size than with a fast preset. Also, the quality is not directly related to the file size. For example, a modern Pixar film with clean computer graphics can be much more compressed than an old movie from the 50's with much noise, with a similar quality.

Note that you can do a lossless encode with BD3D2MK3D (in Full-SBS, Full-TAB or Frame Sequential format, with CRF 0 or CQ 0) but the final file is usually much bigger than the corresponding files in the BD. It's because the two views are encoded in h264 AVC, while in the BD, only the main view is encoded in AVC, and the dependent view is encoded in MVC (only the differences with the main view are encoded). It's not possible with SBS or TAB encoding. Furthermore, re-encoding a video stream that has already been compressed is more difficult than encoding directly the original, uncompressed video.

And if you really want a small file size with a near-lossless quality, you can encode in HEVC (h265). It's less compatible, especially with relatively old hardware players, but the compression is astounding!
    Last edited by r0lZ; 14th Mar 2018 at 07:48.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Is there a tool who does it lossless and on the fly without encoding?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Does what? 100% losslessly from 3D Blu-ray to Side-By-Side or Top-and-Bottom without increasing the file size? That's impossible.

What is your goal? Smaller file than Blu-Ray? Compatibility with a specific player? If yes, which one?
    Quote Quote  
  28. I'm using an Oppo 203. Lossless means, same video bitrate basically.
    Quote Quote  
  29. That is not lossless.

I suggest you give it a try with x264 and crf 18. You will most likely not see any difference to the original Blu-Ray - and if you do you can just lower crf further until you don't see any difference anymore. Like explained earlier 100% lossless is technically not possible short of copying the MVC data 1:1 (which the Oppo 203 allegedly doesn't support) or creating a file that's multiple times larger than the original Blu-Ray.
    Quote Quote  
  30. i will give it a try. thx
    Quote Quote