VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am trying to create a custom sheet that displays the numbers of audio channels that files would contain within a folder. Such as 5.1 or 2 channel stereo. I can not seem to find which choice in the drop down menu system is for displaying what I need. Thank You in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    have you tried viewing HTML mode?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you but that won't work for me. HTML mode does not display information in a quick an easy format like the sheet mode. In sheet mode you can just scroll up and down your library and see the details of each file but in HTML mode you need to look and hunt for your info.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What about program called PlayTime, it displays simple information f.e. number of channels, bitrates etc. You can drag folder inside drag and drop.
    There is the link http://skwire.dcmembers.com/fp/?page=playtime and its free same as mediainfo.

Edit: in mediainfo alt+P then next to SHEET choose MORE then EDIT. Then add column. In first field AUDIO and in third channel(s) or what you want possibly channel(s)/String . Then O.K. and it should work.
    There are commands which you can add (channels)

Channel(s) : Number of channels
    Channel(s)/String : Number of channels (with measurement)
    Channel(s)_Original : Number of channels
    Channel(s)_Original/Strin : Number of channels (with measurement)
    Matrix_Channel(s) : Number of channels after matrix decoding
    Matrix_Channel(s)/String : Number of channels after matrix decoding (with measurement)
    ChannelPositions : Position of channels
    ChannelPositions/String2 : Position of channels (x/y.z format)
    Matrix_ChannelPositions : Position of channels after matrix decoding
    Matrix_ChannelPositions/S : Position of channels after matrix decoding (x/y.z format)
    ChannelLayout : Layout of channels (in the stream)
    ChannelLayoutID : ID of layout of channels (e.g. MXF descriptor channel assignment).

Bernix
    Last edited by Bernix; 16th Sep 2017 at 06:30.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Or you can get together a batch script, not sure what you want exactly, some is explained in this thread.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thank You Bernix!

I'm not gonna lie, I tried your edit first to modify MediaInfo and I could not get it to do what I wanted but your suggestion about PlayTime did the trick!

Thank You Again!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Glad to hear it.
    But I found one problem in PlayTime. It shows only the first audio stream. At least at I think.

Bernix
    Quote Quote