VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I use PowerDirector 13 to edit Full-hd video (1920x1080).
    The projects are produced to video with this selections : "H264-avc" + "mp4" + "1920x1080/24p (16mbps)". These are the only selections to keep the high resolution, as far as I know.
    This gives me mp4-files that I can play on computer (with PowerDVD12).
    I recently bought a Blu-ray player Samsung BD-H6500, wich normaly should play mp4.
    If I make a dvd with this mp4-files (with Power2Go - I select "data-disc"), it plays on my Blu-ray-player, but with some kind of interference now and then.
    If I make the disc with PowerDirector and choose Avchd, it does not play at all, the player gives me the message that avchd 2.0 is not supported.
    What would be the best way to make this dvd's. What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am not familiar with the Cyberlink products you use (other than PowerDVD)

Yet I see no reason why programs of this reputation can not create standard Avchd files that can play on blu ray players - you might have to check the playback specs of your player AND the authoring specs of the programs to ensure they can 'talk' to one another.

An alternative would be to use MultiAVCHD which will author a compatable series of files to burn on to dvd media which will then play on a Blu-ray player.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Now I learned that I 've bought the wrong Blu-ray player, it should have been Sony or Panasonic, only these play Avchd 2.0.
    Do you think MultiAVCHD produces Avchd 1.0 movies?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    All I know is that the program can create disks specifically for Panasonic or other players ie separate options.

Never read that it fails to create a disk that would not play in a standard Blu-ray player (without selecting the Panasonic option)

And since the program is free then you have nothing to lose by not trying it for yourself.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I've managed to make a dvd that plays on my Blu-ray-player. With PowerDirector I make the disk, straight from the project, without producing to mp4.
    Thanks for the advice about MultiAVCHD.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thanks mocikun for the advice about Brorsoft video player.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @ChrisBelgium You might want to edit your last post. mocikun was a spammer. All his posts have been removed and he is probably banned.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote