VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello. (this thread was meant to be posted an hour ago, but it failed to submit. I recovered the text, fortunately, after noticing right now, that it has not been posted.)
    How can a DVD±VR disc be authored, recorded and managed on a PC like on a DVD recorder?
    If possible, this application I am looking for should support metadata features, other features (cutting, playlists, renaming, disc name) be cross-platform, ability to read IFO, and open-source.

Discs recorded with a Sharp DV-RW250 are labeled as "StorageLabs TinyUDF volume".

It should also be able to read the file called /DVDV_IRS/DVDV_REC.IRS on the DVD-RW Video mode (compatible to non-RW-VR players).
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No computer software for recording/burning DVDs in DVD+VR mode or DVD-VR mode exists. You will have to write your own.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    No computer software for recording/burning DVDs in DVD+VR mode or DVD-VR mode exists. You will have to write your own.
    That's a pity.
    In all these years, I would have expected at least to make a cross-platform open souce DVD VR authoring and editing program.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    They also never came up with software to recreate those special blank audio CDs people used to have to buy way back when CD recorders were all the rage.
    Quote Quote