VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker or buy PlayOn and record Netflix! :)
+ Reply to Thread
  1. Hi,

Can anyone recommend a fast (and free) DirectShow video renderer filter, which seems under devices (I test with AMcap) like a webcam? I have an industrial camera with BYBG color space, it seems under devices but the whole screen is black. It works fine under GraphEdit with the default Video Renderer, but I would like to use as a virtual webcam with high frame rate and original resolution. Maybe another solution to use the original capture source converted to grayscale the output pin, without virtual video renderer ...but I don't know how.

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try ffmpeg dshow

If it's listed under devices, then you can use ffplay to preview or ffmpeg to maniulate, record etc..
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the quick answer! I think I misunderstood, becouse the ffmpeg player able to display the prewiev of the camera, but I would like to create a device which can show the windows camera app, and any other simple appliaction, like skype etc.

Quote Quote  
  4. I don't fully understand what you're trying to say. Did you mean hardware device ?

Because you can broadcast/stream the camera to ffmpeg output over ip (like a webcam)

Or you should be able to build your own player /front end from ffmpeg

Or did you want some pre-made GUI ? If so, did you try searching for webcam software ?
    Quote Quote