VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I originally had some videos in x264 format, and I converted them to x265 format using StaxRip, but I forgot to join the files together before I did it. These files are from my action camera, and are basically where the camera saves one file, and continues recording to another. I generally have no problems joining them when where in x264 format using the "copy" function of Avidemux, however Avisemux is crashing when I try and do it with the converted files. I get "Assert Failed: avformat_write_header(oc, &dict) >= 0 at line 121, file /home/fx/hudso.......... The application has encountered a fatal problem" I then click ok, and get a Visual C++ Runtime error. Then I click OK and the program closes.
    I am assuming that Avidemux isn't advanced enough to join x265 files without re-encoding? If that is correct, what can I use to join these files?
    Either way, how can I resolve this, without re-encoding the files?
    Quote Quote  
  2. If the x265 settings are the same you should be able to join them in latest mkvtoolnix gui using append file option.
    Quote Quote  
  3. AviDemux is a poorly written piece of crap. It crashes all the time, period.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by badyu17 View Post
    If the x265 settings are the same you should be able to join them in latest mkvtoolnix gui using append file option.
    Thanks, worked great.
    Quote Quote