VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have two TS files. One has about 200 Mb, another has about 80 mb. Windows wrongly says they last 26 and 7 hours I can't convert it to anything useful as a result. VLC plays those files, but still have some issues. Sometimes, when I click on the same moment of the timeline it plays different parts of the same video. It's like the timeline isn't related to the video. Please, is there any way to convert those videos to something more convenient?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    TransportStreams have no headers with statistics for the whole playing time. A player can only guess a playing time from a few details in the beginning, but there is no guarantee they will be valid for the rest ... or it might compare a timestamp from the beginning with a timestamp from the end to calculate a playing time; but in case the timestamps are not continuous through the whole time, this doesn't help either.

You could repack the content to an MKV container. But whether that is convenient for your further workflow or not, depends on the tools you want to use.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Remux them as MKVs with MKVToolNixGUI to see if things change.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Tubedigger ($15) has a free 14 day trial that you can instantly (no recoding) convert (with one click) any ts file to mp4. Put the ts file in the Tubedigger video folder and click convert.
    Last edited by jimdagys; 10th Sep 2017 at 07:13.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I used TsMuxer, muxed into m2ts files and now I can convert it
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pittbox View Post
    I used TsMuxer, muxed into m2ts files and now I can convert it
    What format are you converting it to?
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    Originally Posted by pittbox View Post
    I used TsMuxer, muxed into m2ts files and now I can convert it
    What format are you converting it to?
    Mp4 using Freemake Video Converter.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Take a look at this https://www.videohelp.com/software/MkvToMp4 MkvToMp4 can change the mkv/m2ts/mts to Mp4 without reconverting/transcoding video(If the original video in H264 format). Support for multiple internal and external audio tracks. Support subtitle formats: srt, ass, ssa, ttxt. Changing colors for subtitles. Add and edit tags for Mp4 files (m4v, m4a, m4b). Artworks and chapters for Mp4 files. Encode video for non-h264. Correction of the atoms in Mp4 files to be able to change the audio and subtitle on Apple devices.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would suggest you https://www.videohelp.com/software/AviDemux
    When you open ts file, it show duration you said f.e. 7hours, but mark on the timeline is on real start of the video. So you press mark B and then delete. Unfortunatelly it has problem with remuxing such short videos (less than 10 min) I mean -> (copy video copy audio) So you have to set your desired video compression in video output and desired container in output format. video, audio and output format has plenty of option . But big advantage of this software is, you can remove unwanted parts of video. When you reencode video. Doesnt matter where you cut the parts of video. I mean I, P, B frames doesnt matter where you cut it.
    Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  10. Thanks for all suggestions and informations about TS files. Like I already said muxing it into m2ts format in TsMuxer was enough for me. Then, Freemake Video Converter properly converted it into mp4.
    Quote Quote