VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Ok, so i have a M2TS file of a movie that i want to convert into MKV so that i can remove all unnecessary audio & subtitle tracks (I use MKVtoolnix for this) but how do i go about to make this conversion? It`s very important that there is no quality loss whatsoever.

Is it possible to do?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Drop the M2TS onto MKToolnix GUI?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ok, i didn`t know that this software supported M2TS as input. Will give it a try.
    Thx
    Quote Quote  
  4. You could also use tsMuxeR GUI to mux to a ts/m2ts file and remove unneeded tracks.
    Last edited by videobruger; 9th Sep 2017 at 15:04. Reason: spelling
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Easiest way for me is open m2ts file in avidemux, copy video, copy audio, output format MKV and then save.
    But mkvtoolnix support m2ts files, so if you dont want convert f.e. audio to lower bitrate then Mkvtoolnix is easiest way.
    Bernix
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hey Bernix, you seriously made my days! I signed up just to thank you man. Really appreciate it.

I wanted to do to same convertion. I tried quite bunch of softwares advised here and they all failed badly (mkvtoolnix and tsmuxer are included). Some of them can't even recognise the .m2ts file.
    Few searches later then I saw your reply... And avidemux works like a charm. Like you said, I keep original video and audio then save the file as mkv. Job done in seconds.

Thanks again, have a nice one.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Wrapping the .m2ts file in a MKV container using mkvtoolnix should work, I've done dozens of .m2ts files with out any problems, quick, no re-encoding or change of quality.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote