VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi I've an almost new DSC-H400 Sony camera and video recorder and having big problems trying to download and play a short test video on the memory card. I can download still pics fine but although I can watch the video recording on the camera itself ok it won't download onto my PC.

Is there any other way I can download the test video onto my PC and do some editing without using the camera ?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Take the memory stick out of the camera and use a card reader?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Not used one before so no idea, best to pop into a software shop and test it there I think !

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The internal capacity of the camera is only about 50MB.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Interesting result after I'd checked in a local camera shop this afternoon as the missing video files appeared on his screen ! His suggestion was that because they're definitely there it could be Movie Maker that needs to be updated so next job tomorrow....
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Arcadiune View Post
    missing video files... it could be Movie Maker that needs to be updated
    In the Open File dialog type "*.*" in the filename box and press Enter. That should show you all files in the folder (this works in just about any program). But the fact that WMM doesn't show the files probably means it won't be able to open them.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Not sure if I've done this before, how do you "Open file dialog"....?
    Quote Quote