VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker or buy PlayOn and record Netflix! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread

1. Hello guys! Few months ago I decided to write simple application for those who are having issues trying to install Windows 7 on modern PCs/Laptops (not working mouse/keyboard , blue screens during installation and so on).
    This tool was originally posted in January 2017 on polish forum and now I finally decided to make it more accessible outside polish internet. I hope this tool will make your life easier

What does this tool do?
    • Integrates updates till 2017-08
    • Integrates necessary drivers for modern PCs/laptops (USB3.0/3.1,NVMe,wi-fi, LAN and so on)
    • Integrates installer from Windows 10 (better support for NVMe drives)
    • Integrates post-setup script which installs NET Framework 4.7, VC Redistributables and WuaCpuFix ( https://github.com/p-lider/WuaCpuFix )

Important notes:
    • This tool won't work with custom images containing both x86 and x64 versions!
    • Make sure that you have more than 10 GiB of free space on your system partition ( typically C: )!
    • Whole updating process may take 1-2 hours!
    • Yes .7z archive is huge because there are two windows 10 installers included (x86 and x64) and bunch of drivers!

Before installing Windows 7 you may need to change these settings in BIOS
    • ENABLE CSM
    • ENABLE LEGACY MODE
    • DISABLE FAST BOOT

DOWNLOAD
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/rboz5cp9glofjd0/Windows_7_Image_Updater.7z
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	0DNUxh.png
Views:	55
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	43015  

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 6th Sep 2017 at 10:54.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    I tried running the above application on a system with an i5 CPU, 8GB RAM and an 1TB SATA3 HDD. I used an untouched ISO x64 image and an 8Mps Internet connection. The application run overnight for 12 hours and completed around 75%. No error messages appeared, but I had to abort to leave home for work. The "Whole updating process may take 1-2 hours!" statement above is simply not realistic.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes it is realistic! On my system with SSD it only takes about an hour.
    Uncheck Apply to all editions and select specific edition you want to install. This should significantly reduce time.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
    Yes it is realistic! On my system with SSD it only takes about an hour.
    Uncheck Apply to all editions and select specific edition you want to install. This should significantly reduce time.
    Better add this in the important notes too, but 12+ hours still seem a long time. To what size does the ISO image grow after applying to all editions?
    Last edited by kyrcy; 13th Oct 2017 at 14:05.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Updating all editions (Home Basic, Home Premium , Professional , Ultimate) took on my machine exactly 2 hours
    https://pastecode.xyz/view/fe8e0cbf

Final ISO

As you can see you will need 8GB pendrive.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Updating all editions took just over 18 hours to complete with a SATA3 7200RPM HDD.
    Last edited by kyrcy; 22nd Oct 2017 at 07:00.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hey Atak thank for all the good work on this tool but i have an issue

the tool does not make an iso file for me at whatever location i choose

it runs through all the steps but the file never gets created, i have tried using a folder and iso(2 + different iso's) to do this

Can you please help me what am i doing wrong?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  8. Check log.
    Quote Quote