VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 24
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by sheehan_c View Post
    So, can you give me a screenshot of your device manager?
    I think I may be doing something wrong here...
    Still, thank you for sharing your solution!
    The device manager is clear, but as I said the Intel graphics is not 100% functional. I can still live with it, but some 3rd party apps that use transparency (not the widgets, but full software) are not fully functional...
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	snap.PNG
Views:	317
Size:	251.5 KB
ID:	46772  

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    if you want my iso will send it by pm, if you want it work for me....
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by codebox View Post
    if you want my iso will send it by pm, if you want it work for me....
    Hi. Thanks for the offer, but the ISO shouldn't be an issue, only the driver itself... Intel UHD 620 Graphics in my case needs a proper driver to get full functionality. In performance I get the maximum because it allows the AMD card to work properly. But I don't get transparency in some programs and video in integraded software (windows media player)... I used Cubedesktop and Xlaunch for instance in my old laptop, but none of them works in the new one...
    Quote Quote  
  4. well, as said above I think this is the big catch after all, no matter what you do, you cannot get the intel uhd graphic driver so you end up using the old vga driver. and your graphic capacities are near 0. so only with the addition of a discrete gpu it will be the deal. I used your software to create my iso last springtime and finally I used it this week, it works like a charm, installation, win updates, etc etc. 5 stars really
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Mivas View Post
    Intel HD Graphics Drivers update.

So guys, it seems I got stuck... I don't get 100% functionality with the modified driver I created. Video playback is not possible with Windows Media Player, only audio files. Video settings on Intel Graphics Control Panel don't change anything (everything else in this software works though), Windows performance test gets stops when testing the video and I am not sure about hardware acceleration functionality.

What works; The device manager is clear. Full Aero and windows 7 effects (glass, transparency, 3d windows selection etc). Full brightness control. All possible Resolutions. Video playback is fully functional on GOM player, Media Player Classic (and also probably on VLC). 4K Videos played smoothly with GOM Player. Videos in browsers also play smoothly. And all basic tasks that I performed went smoothly. However, I haven't tried "heavy" software or games yet. So, I got a lot of functionality but not 100% so far.

As I wrote earlier I don't have experience with informatics and still I managed to get some functionality, so I am very optimistic that someone experienced will be able to get 100% functionality. To help with this, I will write here what I did, so that you can start with something.

1. Download the last Win7 compatible driver from Intel for HD Graphics. It is the version win64_15.45.19.4678
    2. Download a newer version which is win10 only but contains the driver for your processor. In my case, Intel Core i7 8550U with DEV_5917. I downloaded the latest driver.
    3. Make copies/backup of both folders and save elsewhere before starting editing.
    4. Unzip both. From the unzipped ones, go to the new driver folder, then Graphics, then copy all components and paste in the Graphics folder of the old (15.45.19.4678) version. Note; So far in my case I didn't play a role if I replaced the same names of the old files with the new ones or skipped them to keep the old ones. Exception; do NOT replace the igdlh64 file.
    5. Find the DEV number of the processor. Device Manager (from Control panel or search), right click on generic VGA Adapter, properties, details, ID.
    6. Open the igdlh64 file (with a notepad) from the new version (Graphics folder) find the DEV number under windows 10 and copy the whole line.
    7. Paste it under the Windows 7 section in the igdlh64 file of the old driver and correct the ikbl win10 with iskl win7 (known trick for 7th gen).
    8. Copy all lines that include the 4-digit number from the igdlh64 file from the new driver and paste in the respective sections of the igdlh64 of old driver.
    9. Install the modified old driver (win64_15.45.19.4678) and reboot.
    10. After reboot. Copy the igdumdim32.dll file from the Graphics folder of the new version and paste it to the System C:\Windows\System32\Unknown and the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 replace the existing files
    11. Do the same with the igdumdim64.dll and paste to System C:\Windows\System32\Unknown folder. In my case the driver creates an unknown folder. To be sure about the destination folder, just type it in search.
    12. With these steps you gain the functionality I mentioned.

I think the key in getting 100% functionality is to view/edit these two dll files that cause the issue. Or further editing of the igdlh64 file. Perhaps someone with experience might be able to reach 100%?

To make it a bit easier to you, I upload the edited file as a txt. Just copy the context into the inf file of the old driver. My DEV was 5917. Find yours and replace it everywhere in the text (Ctr+F). Also replace the code in the beginning of the same sentence with yours. Mine is %iKBLULTGT2R%

Good Luck!
    I have your answer, see my post here:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/390651-Way-to-make-Intel-UHD-620-graphics-driver-t...29#post2532334
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thx a ton! I will try it tomorrow. I have create the driver with your intructions!

I tested it and works like a charm! Thx again!
    Last edited by Anonymous343; 26th Oct 2018 at 01:27.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Ok, I saw it in the other forum. I'll try it and then I'll tell you!
    Quote Quote  
  8. My apologies mengqin and Mivas, but I have tried in vain to perform the cracking (I'm a newbie in this) and it only remains for me to ask you to please upload both dll files to Mega or Mediafire. In my case I have the same type of graphics card, the Intel UHD 620.

Thank you so much!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Jean les Pines View Post
    This is for windows 7 crack, so you should choose a windows 7 version right?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Jean les Pines View Post
    My apologies mengqin and Mivas, but I have tried in vain to perform the cracking (I'm a newbie in this) and it only remains for me to ask you to please upload both dll files to Mega or Mediafire. In my case I have the same type of graphics card, the Intel UHD 620.

Thank you so much!
    Sorry, I can't do that, because I'm in china so I can't access Mega or Mediafire, they are blocked by goverment. I access here by a VPN and this is really low speed link, and couldn't do large file upload.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Oh I'm sorry mengqin. By the way we're worried about the situation in terms of the freedom (it includes the connectivity) in those lands.
    Look, the thing is the . inf file isn't a problem for me. Neither is changing the hex string with the "90 90" (I used Notepad++). What I can't get is to see in the OllyDbg program how to 'let branch @59C4E9C2 goes false'. Could you help me on this please? Thank you very much in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Jean les Pines View Post
    Oh I'm sorry mengqin. By the way we're worried about the situation in terms of the freedom (it includes the connectivity) in those lands.
    Look, the thing is the . inf file isn't a problem for me. Neither is changing the hex string with the "90 90" (I used Notepad++). What I can't get is to see in the OllyDbg program how to 'let branch @59C4E9C2 goes false'. Could you help me on this please? Thank you very much in advance!
    emm, I recommand you use my quick step if you not familar with crack things or x86 assembly language. But I can explain this a brifely:

I debug the function which crashed in the player, and the key to let it work is adjust the program can go right path in the fucntion. So here I try some path use debuger, and find the right path. And finnally, the result is let instruction @59C4E9C2 not to execute. So I modfiy it from a normal conditional jump instruction (je xxxx) to the null operation instruction (nop). Here the two byte 90 90 is stands for two nop instructtion here.

In fact if you are trying to build a driver you don't need understand this, just search the hex string in the file and modify the bytes, it will work.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Finally I made the changes and performed the installation, but videos on WMP don't look sharpness and colourful. Anyway, I'll continue trying it.
    Thanks a lot mengqin!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Jean les Pines View Post
    Finally I made the changes and performed the installation, but videos on WMP don't look sharpness and colourful. Anyway, I'll continue trying it.
    Thanks a lot mengqin!
    My WMP too, it doesn't use D3D to render video, try VLC or other 3rd player, it will be better a lot.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Sorry for my delay. Well, the installation was adequate but -in the end- I couldn't get neither the touchpad nor the Intel Graphics 620 work completely, this in a Asus laptop with CPU i3 8th gene. Definitely MS got to block any attempt of Win 7's installing. It's a pitty :/
    Quote Quote  
  16. Atak_Snajpera, when I burn your patched ISO to a USB stick and try to boot from it, all I get is a blinking cursor. I'm trying to migrate my Windows 7 SSD to an Acer Aspire TC-780 system and there doesn't seem to be Windows 7 drivers for it. Am I screwed?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Activate CSM or legacy mode in BIOS. Do not worry about drivers because your PC uses old H110 chipset.
    Quote Quote  
  18. I did both those things. With UEFI instead of legacy, my SSD or flash drive don't even show up in the boot list. I have to enable PS/2 emulation for the mouse and keyboard to work at all even though they aren't PS/2 in the first place. I have no internet, none of the USB ports work, the video quality blows, the sound is quiet. It goes on and on.
    I can't find any Windows 7 drivers for this chipset. I was hoping to use your patch for the Windows 7 ISO and then do an upgrade install or something, but it isn;t working.
    Quote Quote  
  19. What are you trying to do? Install fresh win7 using modified ISO or migrate from some old installation with already installed OS? (simple swapping disks)

Take photos with your phone and show me how exactly BIOS is configured.

BTW. How did you record ISO on usb stick? Did you use rufus? If yes then what settings did you use?

People use win7 even on 8700k so I do not see any reason why win7 wouldn't work on some old i5-7400.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Boss,

I just want to ask if there is a way to install Windows 7 on HP 290 G2 MT Business PC 8th Generation.
    I have no problem installing Windows 7 on HP 290 G1 MT Business PC 7th Generation.

If you already tried this one and have a solution.
    Quote Quote  
  21. I simply swapped the SSD with the old Windows 7 OS on it.

I recorded ISO with the Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool.

This motherboard is dated January 2017 so it is not old, the 8700k and its compatible mobo is probably more popular so there's drivers available, I couldn't find any for this one.

Photos attached.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Use RUFUS to write an ISO to USB
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.png
Views:	107
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	47365  

Quote Quote  
  23. This motherboard is dated January 2017 so it is not old, the 8700k and its compatible mobo is probably more popular so there's drivers available, I couldn't find any for this one.
    You will find necessary drivers in my tool. See Windows7\Drivers\install\x64
    Simply run device manager and update drivers using this search path. (Assuming that your old win7 boots on new machine)
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
    This motherboard is dated January 2017 so it is not old, the 8700k and its compatible mobo is probably more popular so there's drivers available, I couldn't find any for this one.
    You will find necessary drivers in my tool. See Windows7\Drivers\install\x64
    Simply run device manager and update drivers using this search path. (Assuming that your old win7 boots on new machine)
    I used Rufus and now it boots but I see this was the proper route to go about it instead of an upgrade install.
    I now have internet, USB mouse (still doesn't work on the boot menu tho) but sound is still quiet. I am still using the old sound driver and it never queried me of new audio hardware. For comparison, the Windows 10 OS plays sound at the acceptable level.
    I guess I should look at device manager from that OS and compare it to this one. But what would I need, the hardware ID?
    Quote Quote  
  25. You the man, Sniper! I can't believe I wasn't able to do any effective driver hunting. Gonna investigate why this was so difficult. Back in the day I could get a windows XP OS to run perfectly on an i7 computer and drivers weren't so cryptic to find. I must be losing my grip.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Sniperman, guess what? My video card just died so I have to use this crappy onboard one for now. Would you happen to have drivers for Intel HD Graphics 630? Device manager only shows standard VGA adapter.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Check this driver in Windows7\Import\Windows\Setup\Scripts\Intel_GPU
    Quote Quote  
  28. "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software."
    Quote Quote