VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 24
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Nice.. I ended up getting the NVMe to show up and now have Win7 installed, with a really ghetto rigged Chipset mix of Cannon Lake, Coffee Lake, Skylake and KabyLake lol. I ran the latest Chipset with -overall but it seems a lot of this board is based on Cannon Lake, which has virtually no support in Win7.

The good news is I have no yellow alerts (besides USB 3.1) in device manger, so the devices / components were properly assigned. The bad news is that I had to use an external xHCI to get USB support, the iGPU displays only a few resolutions with the default VGA adapter... and this H370 board has only 1 PCIe slot. I don’t really need USB that much as this is going to be a server, but still can’t go without it either. Maybe I can get the iGPU to a point where it will at least display more than 4 resolutions... or I’ll ghetto rig (if it even works - not sure) a few USB ports inside the PC using the single USB2.0 header which can be pulled out for troubleshooting only (build will be managed through teamviewer) and use the PCIe slot for dedicated GPU instead of messing with the iGPU.

I’m still tempted to just say F it and install Windows 10 LTSB... but just thinking about optimizing that horrible OS makes me feel sick. Even the LTSB version which has no bloatware is baddddd.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by rankoneads View Post
    the iGPU displays only a few resolutions with the default VGA adapter...
    Have you tried the way I wrote? You should get all resolutions, Aero glass and all windows 7 effects unlocked in general, although you might not actually get the outmost in terms of performance... I am still working on it to make it 100% functional (full video support, 3d applications, hardware acceleration etc). The hybridic driver will replace the standard VGA adapter to achieve this.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by rankoneads View Post
    I’m still tempted to just say F it and install Windows 10 LTSB... but just thinking about optimizing that horrible OS makes me feel sick. Even the LTSB version which has no bloatware is baddddd.
    Same here. I cannot agree more! But still I prefer an 80%-90% functional win7 ultimate modern laptop than any 100% functional win10 laptop
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Mivas View Post
    Originally Posted by rankoneads View Post
    the iGPU displays only a few resolutions with the default VGA adapter...
    Have you tried the way I wrote? You should get all resolutions, Aero glass and all windows 7 effects unlocked in general, although you might not actually get the outmost in terms of performance... I am still working on it to make it 100% functional (full video support, 3d applications, hardware acceleration etc). The hybridic driver will replace the standard VGA adapter to achieve this.
    I'll have to look back in the thread, but I do hope you have posted or will post a roadmap for it, so that any of us might follow your steps in achieving this.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi! I wrote a guide on page 5, but I write a polished version here.

1. Download the last Win7 compatible driver from Intel for HD Graphics. It is the version win64_15.45.19.4678
    2. Download a newer version which is win10 only but contains the driver for your processor. In my case, Intel Core i7 8550U with DEV_5917. I downloaded the latest driver.
    3. Make copies/backup of both folders and save elsewhere before starting editing.
    4. Unzip both. From the unzipped ones, go to the new driver folder, then Graphics, then copy all components and paste in the Graphics folder of the old (15.45.19.4678) version. Note; So far in my case I didn't play a role if I replaced the same names of the old files with the new ones or skipped them to keep the old ones. Exception; do NOT replace the igdlh64.inf file and the igdumdim32.dll
    5. Find the DEV number of the processor. Device Manager (from Control panel or search), right click on generic VGA Adapter, properties, details, ID (from the list).
    6. Open the igdlh64 file (with a notepad) from the new version (Graphics folder) find the DEV number under windows 10 and copy the whole line.
    7. Paste it under the Windows 7 section in the igdlh64 file of the old driver and correct the ikbl win10 with iskl win7 (known trick for 7th gen).
    8. Copy all lines that include the 4-digit number from the igdlh64 file from the new driver and paste in the respective sections of the igdlh64 of old driver. In the end of the text, also add the name of the driver as a label, eg Intel UHD Graphics 620.
    9. Install the modified old driver (win64_15.45.19.4678) and reboot.
    10. After reboot. Copy the igdumdim32.dll file from the Graphics folder of the new version and paste it to the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 replace the existing files
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hey, I did a similar hack job to yours Mivas:

I decided to give it a go for my UHD 620. I got drivers to install on 15.45.23.4860 by inf hacks. The display works, but trying to play video files on either windows media player or MPC-HC crashes both players (MPC-HC crashes with a memory access violation). Trying to run WEI doesn't work either. It gets stuck on windows media section. As far as I can tell, non video activities are okish.
    I then tried inf hacks on later native drivers. They would install, but once rebooted, device manager would show the device as not active, some error.

I believe the 4860 are the last windows 7 ones as they have the win7 section. You could try 4860 to see if your method works with yours?
    Here they are
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27360/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Win...ows-15-45-?v=t

Note: I have everything else working on a Dell 7490. The USB3, NVME drivers worked fine. The only problem issues were the dell touchpad (got that working -except gestures- via inf hacks) and the graphics.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by bozzyos View Post
    Hey, I did a similar hack job to yours Mivas.
    Hi! Thanks, I will give it a shot with that version too. However, in my case, windows media player doesn't crash in video files, but it plays only the audio part of the video. And I still have video playback with GOM player (or VLC if you prefer), even 4k videos play smoothly. It is very important to have the dll files as I write, in order to achieve this partial compatibility...

I will also try with the version you suggested. Let's see.

P.S. Since it is very important to properly mix these 2 dll files, to get this partial compatibility, I still believe the solution is to edit the igdumdim32.dll file. But I have no experience with dll files...
    Last edited by Mivas; 29th Jun 2018 at 12:47.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Update: So, I tried with the other version as well, but I saw no difference. I get video with GOM player but not with windows media player. Also, no 3d applications and no hardware acceleration... We really need to modify the dll file to make it work... The new version (win10 only) contains elements about the specific iGPU that are missing from the old one. On the other hand, the old one contains essential elements for the windows 7, that are missing from the new version. So we need to add elements from one to the other to make it full functional.

Anyone with experience on dll files???
    Quote Quote  
  9. Damn, it was worth a shot though.
    I think you are right about the dll files, i was seeing crashes on igdumdim64.dll and the like during different combos i tried.
    We do need someone to either get the right combo of dll's or have a look at hacking them. Unfortunatly this is as far as I have
    seen anyone get so far. So yeah, calling out for dll masters!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by bozzyos View Post
    Damn, it was worth a shot though.
    I think you are right about the dll files, i was seeing crashes on igdumdim64.dll and the like during different combos i tried.
    We do need someone to either get the right combo of dll's or have a look at hacking them. Unfortunatly this is as far as I have
    Regarding the mixing part, I have tried everything. The only way to get the maximum functionality that I reached, is to get the igdumdim64.dll from the new version and the igdumdim32.dll from the old one. After installation and reboot, replace the igdumdim32.dll in the C/windows/SysWOW folder with the new one (if it doesn't replace, try again in safe mode). Then you don't get crashes anymore. But still not 100% functionality...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @Atak_Snajpera

ISO: EN Windows 7 Enterprise N SP1 x64 DVD 620165

Deselect "apply to all editions" does not prompt edition selection window.

Also, having issues setting up Windows 7 on i7-7700HQ.

I'd be much grateful if you were able to take a look at the reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/8vi39o/

Thank you Atak.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

@Atak_Snajpera

ISO: EN Windows 7 Enterprise N SP1 x64 DVD 620165

Usunięcie zaznaczenia "zastosuj do wszystkich wersji" nie powoduje wyświetlenia okna wyboru edycji.

Ponadto problemy z konfiguracją systemu Windows 7 na urządzeniu i7-7700HQ.

Byłbym bardzo wdzięczny, gdyby można było rzucić okiem na wątek reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/8vi39o/

Dziękuję Atak.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hi!
    I would first recommend to try and find another iso, maybe that's the issue. In my case I had to try 3 different iso files before I find something that can be modified with these tools. I would not recommend the "N" editions at all.

Then you can include all essential drivers, USB3 and NVMe for M2 SSD (if you want to install on that type of disk). Also all essential updates that enable functionality for SSD etc.

If for any reason the windows 7 image updater doesn't work for you, there are other, less automated tools like the NTlite. You have to download updates there manually... But it is easy and works

Then in either case, prepare a usb stick with tools like rufus and you are ready to go.
    Last edited by Mivas; 6th Jul 2018 at 07:14.
    Quote Quote  
  13. ISO (Ultimate) from this site work for sure (tested on my PC)
    https://tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php

BTW. Make sure that you have latest BIOS version and then make sure that CSM module is active in BIOS if you want to boot in UEFI mode.

Post all screenshots of your BIOS. Maybe you missed something in options.
    Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 6th Jul 2018 at 08:00.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
    ISO (Ultimate) from this site work for sure (tested on my PC)
    https://tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php

BTW. Make sure that you have latest BIOS version and then make sure that CSM module is active in BIOS if you want to boot in UEFI mode.

Post all screenshots of your BIOS. Maybe you missed something in options.
    I will be performing more tests tonight. I will update the Reddit post and this thread.

CSM is enabled. Trying with new ISO.

New ISO: en_windows_7_ultimate_n_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_677543. iso
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!
    I would first recommend to try and find another iso, maybe that's the issue. In my case I had to try 3 different iso files before I find something that can be modified with these tools. I would not recommend the "N" editions at all.

Then you can include all essential drivers, USB3 and NVMe for M2 SSD (if you want to install on that type of disk). Also all essential updates that enable functionality for SSD etc.

If for any reason the windows 7 image updater doesn't work for you, there are other, less automated tools like the NTlite. You have to download updates there manually... But it is easy and works

Then in either case, prepare a usb stick with tools like rufus and you are ready to go.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I am familiar with NTLite and will be integrating updates through their program.

Which specific edition of Windows 7 DID and DID NOT work for you?

Thanks you.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I still think that problem is in BIOS... Combo UEFI + CSM always work for me when I install win7 on desktops/laptops.

This guy has exactly the same bios like yours (exactly the same version 2.18.1263). I told him to disable UEFI and disable SECURE BOOT and it worked!
    http://forum.pclab.pl/topic/1189112-Windows-7-Image-Updater-Automatyczny-aktualizator-...t__p__15095555
    Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 6th Jul 2018 at 13:26.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
    I still think that problem is in BIOS... Combo UEFI + CSM always work for me when I install win7 on desktops/laptops.

This guy has exactly the same bios like yours (exactly the same version 2.18.1263). I told him to disable UEFI and disable SECURE BOOT and it worked!
    http://forum.pclab.pl/topic/1189112-Windows-7-Image-Updater-Automatyczny-aktualizator-...t__p__15095555
    UEFI is disabled.
    CSM is enabled.

Tried different ISO, Win 7 Ultimate.
    Still doesn't work. I have updated the Reddit thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/8vi39o

I don't know what else I can do, *sad*.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Procedure is important when attempting to install the Windows 7 Image Updater. First, go into the BIOS and disable Secure Boot. Reboot. Into BIOS again and change UEFI to Legacy. Assuming that you have Windows 7 Image Updater on a DVD, insert it into the optical drive and reboot. You should then have no problem installing Windows 7. All the best.
    Last edited by ColourOz; 2nd Aug 2018 at 09:06.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bozzyos View Post
    Damn, it was worth a shot though.
    I don't really have extensive knowledge of where the (non-destructive) hackers hang out, but anyone interested in pursuing this could start out with https://forums.mydigitallife.net/, https://www.nsaneforums.com/, & http://theoven.org/. I believe these are free to join. And maybe there is an NLite support forum ?
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    [Attachment 46439 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 46440 - Click to enlarge]

Intel® Core™ i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS X FORMULA

all good here, beside old graphics cards....

you need a valid win 7 iso
    Last edited by codebox; 9th Aug 2018 at 22:47.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Hi Mivas,
    I have an Lenovo T580 with i7 8550u and UHD 620.
    I cant manage to install UHD, only HD. I follow all your instructions, but no luck. Which version of UHD w10 did you use to merge drivers? I try with several but none works.
    I need w7 because is corporative os in my job.
    Thanks in advance.
    Hi! I wrote a guide on page 5, but I write a polished version here.

1. Download the last Win7 compatible driver from Intel for HD Graphics. It is the version win64_15.45.19.4678
    2. Download a newer version which is win10 only but contains the driver for your processor. In my case, Intel Core i7 8550U with DEV_5917. I downloaded the latest driver.
    3. Make copies/backup of both folders and save elsewhere before starting editing.
    4. Unzip both. From the unzipped ones, go to the new driver folder, then Graphics, then copy all components and paste in the Graphics folder of the old (15.45.19.4678) version. Note; So far in my case I didn't play a role if I replaced the same names of the old files with the new ones or skipped them to keep the old ones. Exception; do NOT replace the igdlh64.inf file and the igdumdim32.dll
    5. Find the DEV number of the processor. Device Manager (from Control panel or search), right click on generic VGA Adapter, properties, details, ID (from the list).
    6. Open the igdlh64 file (with a notepad) from the new version (Graphics folder) find the DEV number under windows 10 and copy the whole line.
    7. Paste it under the Windows 7 section in the igdlh64 file of the old driver and correct the ikbl win10 with iskl win7 (known trick for 7th gen).
    8. Copy all lines that include the 4-digit number from the igdlh64 file from the new driver and paste in the respective sections of the igdlh64 of old driver. In the end of the text, also add the name of the driver as a label, eg Intel UHD Graphics 620.
    10. After reboot. Copy the igdumdim32.dll file from the Graphics folder of the new version and paste it to the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 replace the existing files
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    have you try this?
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/96551/Intel-HD-Graphics-620

the intel 8 generation does not have driver 630 uhd not working with win7 64

that why i used a old graphics cards on my 8 generation....

i can stand win 10
    Quote Quote  
  23. Do you mean to merge win64_15.45.19.4678 with 24.20.100.6229?
    With Mivas instructions?
    I will try again. Thx!
    Originally Posted by codebox View Post
    have you try this?
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/96551/Intel-HD-Graphics-620

the intel 8 generation does not have driver 630 uhd not working with win7 64

that why i used a old graphics cards on my 8 generation....

i can stand win 10
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM

Personally, I use a 7th Gen laptop, but I am very curious how to get 8th Gen Intel UHD Graphics 630 to work. I nearly bought a laptop with Intel i7-8750H, but I changed my mind at the last minute and bought a i7-7700HQ one instead after learning that UHD 630 does not have drivers for Windows 8.1 and earlier. And after I found your posting on this forum, I became very interested...

These instructions did not work for me (on Kaby Lake, so I just use 21.20.16.4678). As for latest, what version did you mean by latest? Is it 24.20.16.6286?
    Anyway, I did as you said. The versions I tried to merge with 21.20.16.4678 were 22.20.16.4736 and 24.20.16.6286. Both versions will install, but requires a restart, and after restarting, the driver won't load with a Code 39 error and the screen brightness is locked to maximum. HDMI and everything won't work. Intel HD Graphics control panel won't show up in the desktop right click menu either.

If this works, I can probably get an OpenGL version higher than 4.4 on my Intel HD Graphics.

So, can you tell me exactly which version you used and perhaps give me a screenshot of your device manager?
    I think I may be doing something wrong here...
    Still, thank you for sharing your solution!
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by bozzyos View Post
    Hey, I did a similar hack job to yours Mivas:

I decided to give it a go for my UHD 620. I got drivers to install on 15.45.23.4860 by inf hacks. The display works, but trying to play video files on either windows media player or MPC-HC crashes both players (MPC-HC crashes with a memory access violation). Trying to run WEI doesn't work either. It gets stuck on windows media section. As far as I can tell, non video activities are okish.
    I then tried inf hacks on later native drivers. They would install, but once rebooted, device manager would show the device as not active, some error.

I believe the 4860 are the last windows 7 ones as they have the win7 section. You could try 4860 to see if your method works with yours?
    Here they are
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27360/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Win...ows-15-45-?v=t

Note: I have everything else working on a Dell 7490. The USB3, NVME drivers worked fine. The only problem issues were the dell touchpad (got that working -except gestures- via inf hacks) and the graphics.
    Try version 22.20.16.4691. It is compatible with Windows 7/8/8.1 (but still requires an INF hack obviously) and has the sections for UHD 620 (but not 630)
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by Mivas View Post
    Greetings Mivas.
    1. Not exactly what you mean by "didn't play a role". Replacing everything in the 4678 folders except igdlh64.inf and igdumdim32.dll?
    2. What happens if the new igdumdim32.dll is used for installation?
    3. Did you try using the w7 4680 package with only the igdlh64.inf modded?
    Many thanks and best regards,
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by goope View Post
    Greetings Mivas.
    1. Not exactly what you mean by "didn't play a role". Replacing everything in the 4678 folders except igdlh64.inf and igdumdim32.dll?
    2. What happens if the new igdumdim32.dll is used for installation?
    3. Did you try using the w7 4680 package with only the igdlh64.inf modded?
    Many thanks and best regards,
    Hi. Sorry, I was quite busy lately..!
    1. it didn't play a role regarding all other components, the result is the same. We only have to be careful with the two dll files (32 from the old and 64 from the new) and the inf one (we have to modify the old version and add "support" for newer drivers).
    2 and 3. It crashes all video including 3rd party programs. You need the igdumdim64.dll from a newer version and the 32.dll from old version to have audio with windows media player and video with VLC, GOM etc. Even 4K videos play smoothly with GOM player that I tried.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by sheehan_c View Post

Personally, I use a 7th Gen laptop, but I am very curious how to get 8th Gen Intel UHD Graphics 630 to work. I nearly bought a laptop with Intel i7-8750H, but I changed my mind at the last minute and bought a i7-7700HQ one instead after learning that UHD 630 does not have drivers for Windows 8.1 and earlier. And after I found your posting on this forum, I became very interested...

These instructions did not work for me (on Kaby Lake, so I just use 21.20.16.4678). As for latest, what version did you mean by latest? Is it 24.20.16.6286?
    Anyway, I did as you said. The versions I tried to merge with 21.20.16.4678 were 22.20.16.4736 and 24.20.16.6286. Both versions will install, but requires a restart, and after restarting, the driver won't load with a Code 39 error and the screen brightness is locked to maximum. HDMI and everything won't work. Intel HD Graphics control panel won't show up in the desktop right click menu either.

If this works, I can probably get an OpenGL version higher than 4.4 on my Intel HD Graphics.

So, can you tell me exactly which version you used and perhaps give me a screenshot of your device manager?
    I think I may be doing something wrong here...
    Still, thank you for sharing your solution!
    Hi! I tried a few newer versions, all worked for me. The one I am using now is the 24.20.100.6136. In any case I recommend the latest one, so that it includes support for newer graphics cards. The 630 UHD probably is newer, so try a newer version. It is not included in the version I used. Regarding an old version that supports win7, I used the 15.4519.4678.

My device manager is clear, however, as I wrote I don't get full support. The issue is related to these two dll files, so system libraries. If there is a way to get them, then we can make any newer graphics card combatible with win7.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by iniro View Post
    Hi Mivas,
    I have an Lenovo T580 with i7 8550u and UHD 620.
    I cant manage to install UHD, only HD. I follow all your instructions, but no luck. Which version of UHD w10 did you use to merge drivers? I try with several but none works.
    I need w7 because is corporative os in my job.
    Thanks in advance.

Sent you a message
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by sheehan_c View Post

Try version 22.20.16.4691. It is compatible with Windows 7/8/8.1 (but still requires an INF hack obviously) and has the sections for UHD 620 (but not 630)
    Can you provide a direct link for this one? I cannot find it. I could give it a try, although, so far, just like codebox, I haven't found any win7 combatible driver (even with inf hack) for Intel 8th and on gen or for higher than 7700. This is why I tried to make something more global for future generations, rather than specific for my laptop, but still I get partial combatibility. Audio only playback from audio and video files in Windows Media Player without crashes and proper video with VLC, GOM Player and other independent players.
    Quote Quote