VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or buy Replay Video Capture or PlayON and record Netflix, HBO, etc! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Nice.. I ended up getting the NVMe to show up and now have Win7 installed, with a really ghetto rigged Chipset mix of Cannon Lake, Coffee Lake, Skylake and KabyLake lol. I ran the latest Chipset with -overall but it seems a lot of this board is based on Cannon Lake, which has virtually no support in Win7.

The good news is I have no yellow alerts (besides USB 3.1) in device manger, so the devices / components were properly assigned. The bad news is that I had to use an external xHCI to get USB support, the iGPU displays only a few resolutions with the default VGA adapter... and this H370 board has only 1 PCIe slot. I donít really need USB that much as this is going to be a server, but still canít go without it either. Maybe I can get the iGPU to a point where it will at least display more than 4 resolutions... or Iíll ghetto rig (if it even works - not sure) a few USB ports inside the PC using the single USB2.0 header which can be pulled out for troubleshooting only (build will be managed through teamviewer) and use the PCIe slot for dedicated GPU instead of messing with the iGPU.

Iím still tempted to just say F it and install Windows 10 LTSB... but just thinking about optimizing that horrible OS makes me feel sick. Even the LTSB version which has no bloatware is baddddd.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by rankoneads View Post
    the iGPU displays only a few resolutions with the default VGA adapter...
    Have you tried the way I wrote? You should get all resolutions, Aero glass and all windows 7 effects unlocked in general, although you might not actually get the outmost in terms of performance... I am still working on it to make it 100% functional (full video support, 3d applications, hardware acceleration etc). The hybridic driver will replace the standard VGA adapter to achieve this.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by rankoneads View Post
    Iím still tempted to just say F it and install Windows 10 LTSB... but just thinking about optimizing that horrible OS makes me feel sick. Even the LTSB version which has no bloatware is baddddd.
    Same here. I cannot agree more! But still I prefer an 80%-90% functional win7 ultimate modern laptop than any 100% functional win10 laptop
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Mivas View Post
    Originally Posted by rankoneads View Post
    the iGPU displays only a few resolutions with the default VGA adapter...
    Have you tried the way I wrote? You should get all resolutions, Aero glass and all windows 7 effects unlocked in general, although you might not actually get the outmost in terms of performance... I am still working on it to make it 100% functional (full video support, 3d applications, hardware acceleration etc). The hybridic driver will replace the standard VGA adapter to achieve this.
    I'll have to look back in the thread, but I do hope you have posted or will post a roadmap for it, so that any of us might follow your steps in achieving this.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this gradually disappearing American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi! I wrote a guide on page 5, but I write a polished version here.

1. Download the last Win7 compatible driver from Intel for HD Graphics. It is the version win64_15.45.19.4678
    2. Download a newer version which is win10 only but contains the driver for your processor. In my case, Intel Core i7 8550U with DEV_5917. I downloaded the latest driver.
    3. Make copies/backup of both folders and save elsewhere before starting editing.
    4. Unzip both. From the unzipped ones, go to the new driver folder, then Graphics, then copy all components and paste in the Graphics folder of the old (15.45.19.4678) version. Note; So far in my case I didn't play a role if I replaced the same names of the old files with the new ones or skipped them to keep the old ones. Exception; do NOT replace the igdlh64.inf file and the igdumdim32.dll
    5. Find the DEV number of the processor. Device Manager (from Control panel or search), right click on generic VGA Adapter, properties, details, ID (from the list).
    6. Open the igdlh64 file (with a notepad) from the new version (Graphics folder) find the DEV number under windows 10 and copy the whole line.
    7. Paste it under the Windows 7 section in the igdlh64 file of the old driver and correct the ikbl win10 with iskl win7 (known trick for 7th gen).
    8. Copy all lines that include the 4-digit number from the igdlh64 file from the new driver and paste in the respective sections of the igdlh64 of old driver. In the end of the text, also add the name of the driver as a label, eg Intel UHD Graphics 620.
    9. Install the modified old driver (win64_15.45.19.4678) and reboot.
    10. After reboot. Copy the igdumdim32.dll file from the Graphics folder of the new version and paste it to the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 replace the existing files
    Quote Quote