VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Also if the key isn't accepted when you input the code you can phone the ms phone number and get the automated service to authenticate the key for your computer.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ColourOz View Post
    I purchased a new Acer Aspire Ultrabook with Windows 10 pre-installed. I want to downgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate (genuine) and have downloaded the which took 2 hours to update and finish with an ISO file. The Image Updater is a Windows 10 setup which asks for a registration number. I have 3 licensed copies of Windows 7 Ultimate and none of them have been accepted. I used the Windows 10 license number and that has not been accepted. Which license number is to be used? Why is the setup a Windows 10 setup when I chose Windows 7 Ultimate? The program is easy to use and I admire the work that has gone into it, but need some help which will be appreciated. I cannot continue with the setup as the first screen wants the license number.
    Firstly, where did you get the Windows 7 image to update ???

If you used one of your 3 licensed copies it should work, but if you get to the screen that Atak posted, you can continue with the install, and deal with activation after.

Also, if you checked all the options of the Updater, it does install a Windows 10 "look", to the initial install process, but it WILL install Windows 7 !!!

Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The licence keys that I have are genuine license keys as I have 3 copies of Windows 7 Ultimate for 3 computers. The Windows 10 setup screen confused me and would not let me go any further until a license key was validated. This morning I wiped the drive and installed Windows 7 Ultimate with the update and the installation went well. I am extremely happy with the update as I have been struggling with this issue since purchasing the ultrabook 4 months ago. I have validated the license and ready to customise. Many thanks to those who helped me and a huge thank you to the Seven Forums who put me onto the link. Wow, what a break-through!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. hi again!

in the driver nvme list I see drivers from intel, samsung, plextor, ocz, micron. I was looking at that ssd and wondering if any drivers included would work for it? a western digital m2
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks so much for your help. I decided to wipe the drive then install Windows 7 Image Updater and all went well, thank you. All drivers have been installed except one, so still work to be done. However, I am very happy that Windows 10 is finally off the system as I found it a social and entertainment OS which is not what I do.
    Quote Quote  
  6. All drivers have been installed except one, so still work to be done.
    I need Hardware id from device manager.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Acer Aspire S13 (S5-371T)

The Windows 7 Image Updater went really well. Looking at Device Manager, I notice that I have an Unknown Device, ID: ACPI\ELAN0501 - *ELAN0501.
    The touch screen is not working and neither is the touchpad. I have spent most of the day looking for a driver, but to no avail.
    If anyone has any suggestions, it would be much appreciated, thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  8. More information on the unknown device...
    On the General tab, Location: Intel(R) Serial IO 12C Host Controller 9D61. The driver for this device are not installed (code 28).
    The Details tab: Hardware ID: ACPI\ELAN0501 (next line) *ELAN0501.
    Any clues?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    More information on the unknown device...
    On the General tab, Location: Intel(R) Serial IO 12C Host Controller 9D61. The driver for this device are not installed (code 28).
    Any clues?
    you try going into device manager - driver - update driver ??
    or uninstall the device, restart computer and let windows try reinstalling the device.

or click update driver - browse my computer for driver software - click let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    More information on the unknown device...
    Any clues?
    Google "ELAN0501", it's the touch pad....
    Quote Quote  
  11. Thank you. I have tried to your suggestions in Device Manager, but they have not helped. Windows cannot find the driver online or on my computer. I have tried extensively on the internet to find the ELAN0501 driver, but no luck so far.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you. I have tried to your suggestions in Device Manager, but they have not helped. Windows cannot find the driver online or on my computer. I have tried extensively on the internet to find the ELAN0501 driver, but no luck so far.
    So, when you first got the Acer, with W10, everything worked ok, correct ???

And "downgrading" to W7, some functions don't work, now...correct ???

And the problem you are currently having is the touch pad ??

You need to either get the W10 Elan touch pad drivers from the Acer site, OR get a W7 Elan driver from Lenovo or Asus.

Acer don't offer a Windows 7 driver, you could try this one with compatibility settings.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/AU/content/support-product/6801?

Or, a Windows 7 driver

https://support.lenovo.com/au/en/downloads/ds010097b=1

Worth a try, I'd say.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Windows 10 worked fine. The only problem that I had was the touch pad and touch screen for Windows 7. However, that has now been resolved by going into the BIOS and changing the option for Touchpad from Advanced to Basic. All drivers are working for Windows 7. Initially I did all the obvious tasks and downloaded other drivers that I thought may suit, but to no avail. It is hard to believe that a simple peruse of the BIOS solved the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by ColourOz View Post
    Windows 10 worked fine. The only problem that I had was the touch pad and touch screen for Windows 7. However, that has now been resolved by going into the BIOS and changing the option for Touchpad from Advanced to Basic. All drivers are working for Windows 7. Initially I did all the obvious tasks and downloaded other drivers that I thought may suit, but to no avail. It is hard to believe that a simple peruse of the BIOS solved the problem.
    I suspect that BASIC option in BIOS uses some kind of PS/2 emulation.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you. I have tried to your suggestions in Device Manager, but they have not helped. Windows cannot find the driver online or on my computer. I have tried extensively on the internet to find the ELAN0501 driver, but no luck so far.
    Try this driver: https://mega.nz/#F!YLJ01DhY!QgdTF4gO09EMwgfedTXJxA

If it doesn't work, just uninstall it (if it even installs in the first place), no harm done. I had a nicer writeup to go with this post but this forum didn't post it when I clicked SUBMIT!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Would win7 works on a coffee lake cpu without a dedicated gpu? I always use the iGPU but I heard there are no drivers for win7?
    Quote Quote  
  17. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Some new motherboards have support for windows 7,just check the motherboard site to see if they have any.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  18. on oem board site, there is no win7 dropdown menu including win7.
    Quote Quote  
  19. I downloaded the Windows & Image Updater today (April 15, 2018) and after extracting it using 7zip v 18 to my ssd, I tried twice to run it on a known good Win 7 iso image downloaded yesterday from a Microsoft vendor. I was able to make an "old-style" bootable USB stick from this image but obviously cannot use that to install on my new Kabylake-based mini pc. So I wanted to use your app to create a new setup usb stick.

The licence I have is for Win 7 Ultimate - but it looks as though the iso contains all versions, both 32 and 64-bit. The first attempt I tried to run the updater selecting only the last Windows 7 Ultimate on the list, but it failed saying Windows 7 image has not been detected in the file!

So I ran again after rebooting and left everything at the default settings (except obviously the location of the clean source iso). It ran very quickly but the end result was the same. I am attaching only the last section of a very long DISM log file, because the only errors are the two warnings about
    "failed to load provider - ...\Windows_7_Updater\Tools\x64\DISM\FfuProvider.d ll. - CDISMProviderStore::Internal_GetProvider(hr:0x8007 007e)" and
    "failed to load provider - ...\Windows_7_Updater\Tools\x64\DISM\MetaDeployPro vider.dll. - CDISMProviderStore::Internal_GetProvider(hr:0x8007 007e)"
    (It repeats this for each edition of Windows 7 in the ISO.) (I booted to the clean Administrator's Account for this second run because it does not load anything at startup)

I read through this whole thread and verified that my dism version is the minimum required. This install of Win 7 Ult 64 has been continually updated until March 2018 (when I stopped the updates because the March update bricked an identical pc I have to this one). The windows 10 upgrade updates were never installed, nor was the 2664 telemetry update.

Please let me know what I need to do to make this work - or if you need more information. Thank you so much for creating this much needed tool.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by slongmire View Post
    I downloaded the Windows & Image Updater today (April 15, 2018) and after extracting it using 7zip v 18 to my ssd, I tried twice to run it on a known good Win 7 iso image downloaded yesterday from a Microsoft vendor. I was able to make an "old-style" bootable USB stick from this image but obviously cannot use that to install on my new Kabylake-based mini pc. So I wanted to use your app to create a new setup usb stick.

The licence I have is for Win 7 Ultimate - but it looks as though the iso contains all versions, both 32 and 64-bit. The first attempt I tried to run the updater selecting only the last Windows 7 Ultimate on the list, but it failed saying Windows 7 image has not been detected in the file!

So I ran again after rebooting and left everything at the default settings (except obviously the location of the clean source iso). It ran very quickly but the end result was the same. I am attaching only the last section of a very long DISM log file, because the only errors are the two warnings about
    "failed to load provider - ...\Windows_7_Updater\Tools\x64\DISM\FfuProvider.d ll. - CDISMProviderStore::Internal_GetProvider(hr:0x8007 007e)" and
    "failed to load provider - ...\Windows_7_Updater\Tools\x64\DISM\MetaDeployPro vider.dll. - CDISMProviderStore::Internal_GetProvider(hr:0x8007 007e)"
    (It repeats this for each edition of Windows 7 in the ISO.) (I booted to the clean Administrator's Account for this second run because it does not load anything at startup)

I read through this whole thread and verified that my dism version is the minimum required. This install of Win 7 Ult 64 has been continually updated until March 2018 (when I stopped the updates because the March update bricked an identical pc I have to this one). The windows 10 upgrade updates were never installed, nor was the 2664 telemetry update.

Please let me know what I need to do to make this work - or if you need more information. Thank you so much for creating this much needed tool.
    there's some sort of unofficial patch that let's users install windows 7 on kabylake / Ryzen processers.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Thanks - I am aware that there is a patch, but I want to create the fully patched usb3 stick to install onto the brand new Kabylake pc. This is not the pc that I used to try to create the patched win 7. The new Kablake pc only has a blank ssd and memory in it right now - waiting for me to finish the patch install stick.

Sorry if I was not clear on that part.

I looked in the \Windows_7_Updater\Tools\x64\DISM directory and found FfuProvider.dll but there is no MetaDeployProvider.dll there. (These were the two files referenced in the warnings in the dism.log)

SUCCESS! The iso had both 32 and 64 bit versions in it - but after locating a 64bit only iso everything went perfectly. Thanks for this utility!
    Last edited by slongmire; 15th Apr 2018 at 21:57. Reason: Problem solved - operator error
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by slongmire View Post
    Thanks - I am aware that there is a patch, but I want to create the fully patched usb3 stick to install onto the brand new Kabylake pc. This is not the pc that I used to try to create the patched win 7. The new Kablake pc only has a blank ssd and memory in it right now - waiting for me to finish the patch install stick.

Sorry if I was not clear on that part.

I looked in the \Windows_7_Updater\Tools\x64\DISM directory and found FfuProvider.dll but there is no MetaDeployProvider.dll there. (These were the two files referenced in the warnings in the dism.log)

SUCCESS! The iso had both 32 and 64 bit versions in it - but after locating a 64bit only iso everything went perfectly. Thanks for this utility!
    You should pay more attention to first post

Important notes:

This tool won't work with custom images containing both x86 and x64 versions!
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    everything works except USB VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&SUBSYS_A36D1849, please help?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by temeljnik View Post
    everything works except USB VEN_8086&DEV_A36D&SUBSYS_A36D1849, please help?
    There is no such dev number (DEV_A36D)
    https://driverlookup.com/hardware-id/pci/ven_8086
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    my motherboard is Asrock LGA1151 H310M-HDV M.2
    Quote Quote  
  26. Show me what exactly you have in Device manager.
    take a screenshot
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    here it is..
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG1.PNG
Views:	357
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	45207  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG2.PNG
Views:	213
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	45208  

Quote Quote  
  28. Show hardware ids for each device with yellow triangle.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    more pic,
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG3.PNG
Views:	280
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	45210  

Name:	Capture.PNG4.PNG
Views:	209
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	45211  

Name:	Capture.PNG5.PNG
Views:	185
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	45212  

Quote Quote  
  30. PCI Simple Comunication Controller
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/svjyf5zf72zk6ts/MEI.7z

Force installation via Device Manager (Update driver -> Browse My computer for driver -> Let me pick from list -> Have disk -> select heci.inf
    Quote Quote