VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    It does work fine. My iso is from msdn. I've done nothing to it. Maybe it is odd somehow. Maybe something else is wrong on my end. Who knows. I didn't mean to mislead anyone.

Again, thanks for the program!!
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
  2. Man oh man, what a MASTERPIECE ! I was waiting for something like this since laptops started supporting only w8 and some even only w10, i thought i was gonna be stuck with 3-4th gen cpu's forever (i HATE w8 and w10, what a complete garbage). Thanks to you sir we can get the "w10 plug and play" feeling with the drivers. I installed updated w7 on a friend's acer predator g9-791 (what a beast ! 6700Q / gtx980m / 32 gb ram expandable to 64gb) and not only the mouse worked right from setup, ALMOST EVERYTHING was already installed : sata drivers, USB 3.0, LAN, WIFI, Sound, everything i tried to update from manufacturer website (w10 drivers tho) warned me i have something newer installed. only 2 drivers that i had to install after were Intel MEI (PCI Simple Communications Controller) and nvidia drivers, and boom ! clean device manager !

Thank you for getting us out of the dark telemetry age ! (ps: i plan to upgrade my desktop to 8700K / 1080TI and guess what ? i will put windows 7 on it).
    From all i read all the people whining about problems and stuff, you deserve some good words !

The iso upgrade took just over 30 minutes on good pc (4790K/32gb ram) with 1gb internet connection, the final compression stage taking the longest (it was using 5 gb ram and 100% cpu WOW) , i didn't even used untouched iso but an "sp2 upgrade" i made myself to original iso last year wich included many updates from original image. Even so, i encountered ZERO problems whatsoever.

I don't care much about compression, since i used a 32GB A-DATA usb 3.0 stick, can it be done without or lowest level ? i figure will not only be much faster creating it but also installing it.I would so like that option, even if it takes 15 gigs on the stick.
    One side note : Takes 5 minutes or more at the final "Windows is finalizing your settings" step, dunno why, but i guess it must be doing it for a reason. On the predator laptop it even asked to "Install driver anyway" at that step which ofc i did allow.
    Another note : It includes all c++ runtimes from 2008 to date (nice touch, as many softwares need them) and also 4.7 .net framework which makes some software run even faster than 4.6.1. (i have a program i made in VS2017 and it opens faster with 4.7 framework installed than it does with 4.6.1 LOL).

I know this kind of stuff implies alot of work and testing, and how frustrating is that people don't appreciate all the work behind, and find "bugs" that are related to their setup, so once again, GOOD JOB my friend, your software is perfect (it just needs a compression option so we can choose), thanks for making windows 7 possible despite m$hit stuffing crapware10 down our throats ...

PS: I only registered here to post this reply.

Just for fun, i am posting my full iso creation log, for others to see how it's done in 33 min (i only upgraded the ultimate version, since that's what i needed FAST) : https://pastebin.com/raw/kEwTxG3T
    Quote Quote  
  3. i had to install after were Intel MEI (PCI Simple Communications Controller)
    I'm surprised that Windows did not install this driver automatically because I've included Intel MEI in my package.

Takes 5 minutes or more at the final "Windows is finalizing your settings" step, dunno why, but i guess it must be doing it for a reason. On the predator laptop it even asked to "Install driver anyway" at that step which ofc i did allow.
    During this stage windows is processing SetupComplete.cmd script. (installation of updates which could not be integrated in offline mode,installation of VC redist,.Net,Audio drivers and so on)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is it possible to add our own drivers?
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ofcourse! Just copy them to Drivers folder like I did.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
    sorry for the big delay

so yes, I tried the iso you suggested, and I get the same thing ( I get nothing ^^)

[10008] [0x8007000e] StateStoreGetMountedImageWimbootEntries1191): Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

I have 29gb of free storage when I start, which should be enough?

https://pastebin.com/jz6taJJX
    Last edited by undercash; 13th Mar 2018 at 11:01.
    Quote Quote  
  7. wouldn't it be more simple to just upload a torrent of those windows 7 built?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Some people do not trust ISOs uploaded by some random dude.
    Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 23rd Mar 2018 at 07:24.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you so much for this!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    still waiting for UDH 630 Driver for windows 7
    Quote Quote  
  11. ok well, I guess people who read this would trust.

in my case I guess I won't buy a new computer then :P will keep my good old sandy bridge
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by undercash View Post
    ok well, I guess people who read this would trust.

in my case I guess I won't buy a new computer then :P will keep my good old sandy bridge
    It is not a difficult utility to run. Try it.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by undercash View Post

Windows 7 on Threadripper
    https://hardforum.com/threads/threadripper-and-windows-7.1947921/page-3#post-1043435113
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    I thought this might be one of those semi-taboo subjects here, but since it is being discussed, here goes:

Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
    Some people do not trust ISOs uploaded by some random dude.
    Yes, and some people have a low degree of trust for torrents . . . which I was never a fan of.

I'm not familiar with hardforum, but a few more potential sources for you:

nsaneforums.com/

forums.mydigitallife.net

{use of these two require a registration, which is free}

https://sanet.cd/windows/
    {recommended}

and possibly
    https://avxhm.se/

They regularly have various fully integrated ISO links, updated as of a particular date. That's the lazy way, I suppose. Now some might say, "Oh, very risky . . . " But is it really any more risky than something you picked up off of TPB, or some torrent ? All I can tell you is that I've been running some of 'em (alongside a few legit, retail versions) ever since the debut of XP and then Win 7, and the ceiling has yet to cave in. Now yes, in the interest of full disclosure, I have to acknowledge that this hasn't been completely without issues: certain MS updates have been known to kill them dead (temporarily -- and I can formulate a good guess as to WHY -- requiring a bit of remedial tap-dancing on my part). But then again, if you keep up with some very good columns like "Ask Woody", you would notice that some MS updates have proven fatal to retail and OEM copies of Windows, as well. Their testing and quality control on these things ain't what it used to be . . . .

All that said, I definitely tip my hat to folks who are able to "roll their own" updated OS ISOs, which will allow for custom-tailored installs, and I'm very pleased to see that a tool like this has been made available.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  15. yep I d love to use it myself. But for some reason I can't

Also I have been using iso found on torrent site for like 15 years, well, just like 2 or 3 (xp and win7 ultimate) and never had an issue with them.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by ron spencer View Post

It is not a difficult utility to run. Try it.
    no , in fact it's pretty straightforward, but I can't get it to complete the task and I get no iso at all. tried like 10 times with iso placed on c: d: or e: etc same thing
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    tried like 10 times with iso placed on c: d: or e: etc same thing
    I've have had a lot of problems getting this to complete...I have found that some things that help, are :-

Don't have any other app's or programs running.

No screensavers.

Just have the Updater window up, so there's NO interruptions.

Then you've got a pretty good chance of it completing...it can be rather frustrating when it error's, and you really don't know why

Hope this helps.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Atak_Snajpera, I have an issue when I try to update Windows 7 Ultimate that has russian localization. I have an error notification that Windows 7 Image has not been detected in selected file. Windows Image was downloaded from MSDN portal.
    In seem like an encoding issue, could you please fix it in you app? Thanks in advance
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Select Edition modal dialog.png
Views:	586
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	45060  

Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by burt123 View Post
    tried like 10 times with iso placed on c: d: or e: etc same thing
    I've have had a lot of problems getting this to complete...I have found that some things that help, are :-

Don't have any other app's or programs running.

No screensavers.

Just have the Updater window up, so there's NO interruptions.

Then you've got a pretty good chance of it completing...it can be rather frustrating when it error's, and you really don't know why

Hope this helps.
    did what you said, restarted, closed all remaining apps, and looked for the process (it doesn't take such a long time I am on ssd like 10min is done).

Still not ok, it also says that he couldn't install drivers

Installing 160 of 160 - C:\Users\Desktop\Windows_7_Image_Updater\Windows7\ Drivers\x64\Samsung NVMe\secnvme.inf: Error - An error occurred. The driver package could not be installed.

[9696] ImageUnmarshallHandle: Reconstituting wim at C:\Users\Desktop\Windows_7_Image_Updater\Image\sou rces\install.wim.
    [7256] Received unmount request for image with guid 315bebf6-b7e8-4a6c-97bc-0e62c3cd99b6.
    [7256] Unmount for image at C:\Users\Desktop\Windows_7_Image_Updater\Mount complete.
    [9696] [0x8007000e] StateStoreGetMountedImageWimbootEntries1191): Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

also there should be a way to adjust the verbosity of the debug log
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM

did what you said, restarted, closed all remaining apps, and looked for the process (it doesn't take such a long time I am on ssd like 10min is done).

Still not ok, it also says that he couldn't install drivers

Installing 160 of 160 - C:\Users\Desktop\Windows_7_Image_Updater\Windows7\ Drivers\x64\Samsung NVMe\secnvme.inf: Error - An error occurred. The driver package could not be installed.

[9696] ImageUnmarshallHandle: Reconstituting wim at C:\Users\Desktop\Windows_7_Image_Updater\Image\sou rces\install.wim.
    [7256] Received unmount request for image with guid 315bebf6-b7e8-4a6c-97bc-0e62c3cd99b6.
    [7256] Unmount for image at C:\Users\Desktop\Windows_7_Image_Updater\Mount complete.
    [9696] [0x8007000e] StateStoreGetMountedImageWimbootEntries1191): Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

also there should be a way to adjust the verbosity of the debug log
    I must admit I have not used this current version, so don't know it if it's a problem with this build, as it's quite a bit different to the previous.

Having said that, I could be wrong, but that line I hi lighted in red, could be a problem...are you sure you have enough free space for the program to do it's thing ?!?!?

Need to check how much you've got....maybe you could try just doing different part of the updating at a time, eg:- just the drivers, or updates, etc.

I'm going to send you a PM.

Later.
    Quote Quote  
  21. clearly, there was an issue with the built I downloaded. I saw there was an edit after my download, I took the new windows updater file he provides in the first post, and I finally have my iso at first attempt, and yes, it took quite some time, several hours (especially i have a slow internet and I did it on the hdd this time)

edit: the first dl is 3.92gb uncompressed, this one 6gb, so there might have been an issue with the file download or he really added a lot of new driver. that could explain why it wasn't working
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    clearly, there was an issue with the built I downloaded. I saw there was an edit after my download, I took the new windows updater file he provides in the first post, and I finally have my iso at first attempt, and yes, it took quite some time, several hours (especially i have a slow internet and I did it on the hdd this time)

edit: the first dl is 3.92gb uncompressed, this one 6gb, so there might have been an issue with the file download or he really added a lot of new driver. that could explain why it wasn't working
    Hi, that's good news

I am a little confused about the comment I have hi lighted in red....I downloaded the latest version yesterday, and it was only 1.18Gb, and has a release date of 24-03-2018, and unpacked, it's 5.01Gb, and there aren't as many drivers as before.

So I'm not sure what you downloaded that was 3.92Gb ???

Anyway, you got the job done, so that's the main thing, right.

I'll have a "play" with the new version, today.

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  23. I am a little confused about the comment I have hi lighted in red....I downloaded the latest version yesterday, and it was only 1.18Gb, and has a release date of 24-03-2018, and unpacked, it's 5.01Gb, and there aren't as many drivers as before.

So I'm not sure what you downloaded that was 3.92Gb ???
    yes, I said uncompressed. not the rar archive file. well mine is now 6.0gb but I took the link from the first post

that means it was probably missing a lot of files in my first archive and it could explain why it wouldn't work
    Last edited by undercash; 1st Apr 2018 at 18:33.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    Great job sir!
    I have a little question. I noted that the "Windows 10 Installer" (Installer/x64.7z) contains some files and folders named "en-us". In my original ISO, they were named "pt-br" (obviously because it's in Portuguese and not in English). The final updated ISO also has all of them named "en-us". Do these files only modify the setup or not modify anything at all? Or do I need to create/download my own "Windows 10 Installer" in Portuguese for it to work? (in this case, I would need some help sir)
    Thanks in advance!

(sorry for any errors or if I misinterpreted myself, English is not my native language)
    Quote Quote  
  25. Those files modify only language in installer. Installed windows will be in your selected language. Summary. You do not have to download anything! Just fire and forget
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    OK sir! Thanks!
    I'll let you know if anything goes wrong, but until now everything ran perfectly fine!
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Atak,

So I grabbed the latest build of the Updater a week or so back, and I must admit, I was a bit puzzled at the changes, deletions & additions that you've made

The most obvious was, where's the AMD drivers folder gone ?!?!?

But it was good to see the nVidia folder

But then the addition of Gadgets & Tweaks, is interesting.

So I would like to make a few suggestions for the next build, if I may be so bold.

To include :- Java, (for Ripbot), 7-zip, Winrar, Teracopy 2.3, VLC, Acrobat Reader, Yamicsoft Windows 7 Manager and maybe Office 2016.

Or maybe some options to install or not install certain elements...to be able to personlise it a little.

Any way, that's my 10 cent's worth.

Keep up the great work on this, and of course, Ripbot.

Cheers
    Last edited by burt123; 5th Apr 2018 at 22:41.
    Quote Quote  
  28. AMD Drivers were moved to Drivers\AMD MISC folder

Or maybe some options to install or not install certain elements...to be able to personlise it a little.
    Just edit SetupComplete.cmd
    Quote Quote  
  29. I purchased a new Acer Aspire Ultrabook with Windows 10 pre-installed. I want to downgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate (genuine) and have downloaded the Windows 7 Image Updater which took 2 hours to update and finish with an ISO file. The Image Updater is a Windows 10 setup which asks for a registration number. I have 3 licensed copies of Windows 7 Ultimate and none of them have been accepted. I used the Windows 10 license number and that has not been accepted. Which license number is to be used? Why is the setup a Windows 10 setup when I chose Windows 7 Ultimate? The program is easy to use and I admire the work that has gone into it, but need some help which will be appreciated. I cannot continue with the setup as the first screen wants the license number.
    Quote Quote  

30. You can enter key after installation.
    Quote Quote