VideoHelp Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 24
FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24
Results 691 to 708 of 708
Thread
  1. Hello, everything works fine in the installer until I was on the setup username page then my mouse and keyboard stopped working. How can I fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by righty View Post
    Hello, everything works fine in the installer until I was on the setup username page then my mouse and keyboard stopped working. How can I fix this?
    did you try unplugging / plugging back in the mouse & keyboard ??
    Quote Quote  
  3. yeah, i did it several times
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by righty View Post
    yeah, i did it several times
    try going into your computers bios setting and set it to factory default settings
    restart your computer and see if you can finish setting it up.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member Seeker47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Emporer Zurg View Post
    it wouldn't install without this. It also won't boot in safe mode. Actually, I may give up and experiment with Win 11 since the mobo supports this. I already tried Ubuntu 20 but that doesn't load sound drivers - tried the code fixes on some forums but still no success. Mobo works fine with Win 10. Edit: mobo runs win 11 - when installing, it asked for a product key so I gave a bulk win 10 pro key and it installed 11 pro. Who knew. I still prefer Win 7, but clearly Bill and his cronies are jealous of Elon so Win 7 just gets harder and harder to implement.
    I'm fairly sure I've mentioned this previously in the thread. If it comes down to hardware compatibility, BIOS issues or settings, or a critical driver that is missing for you, I don't have experience with that. (I still use mostly older, "legacy" hardware -- although they have i5 or i7 CPUs -- and really dislike the whole UEFI / Secureboot deal.) But, I believe you can sill find complete and fully updated Win-7 installation images with download links at MDL (MyDigitalLife) or nsaneforums, which last I checked were free sites to join, and then you might not need to make use of this tool. (There are other sites where those ready-to-roll images can be found, also.) If you've exhausted your options with this tool, that might be worth a try. And then there is also the VM approach, with either VMWare or its major alternate that I think Apache took over. Something____Box: I'm blanking on the name at the moment.

    [EDIT: The other name I was failing to recall is VirtualBox.]
    Last edited by Seeker47; 4th Jul 2022 at 12:19. Reason: a better recollection
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2022
    Location
    Turkey
    Search Comp PM
    this windows 7 image updater perfect.

    After the first installation, windows reset with 0x000000A5 blue screen error during startup.
    located in the \Windows\System32\drivers folder
    I solved it by changing acpi.sys file. (acpipatched-win7.zip)

    then my ps2 keyboard worked but none of the usb ports worked.
    and this
    https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/solution-win7-drivers-for-usb-3-0-3-1-controllers-of...36/284?page=26
    Intel_v17mod.zip (3.98 MB)
    USB driver worked fine.

    thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I would like to install Windows 7 Pro on an Intel NUC10i5.

    Not knowing if this is even possible I tried the Windows 7 Image Updater on a Windows 7 system but the dism.exe version is too old and I can't find a way to update it.
    Then ran the Windows 7 Image Updater on a Windows 10 Pro and it completed successfully - it booted on the NUC10i5 initially with the Windows logo but then the display went unreadable.

    Is it even possible to install Windows 7 Pro on a NUC10i5 ?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Location
    America
    Search Comp PM
    Image
    [Attachment 67134 - Click to enlarge]


    I got it to work but not under Windows 11. Thank you to the author of the Windows Updater tool. I found following guides on how to setup unattended setups and file injection for installers was way to complex and hard to follow. To much command line work for my taste. Your tool solved all that!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Location
    Canary Islands
    Search PM
    Good night.
    First of all I would like to thank the OP for the work involved in creating this tool.
    Could anyone tell me if this tool would work with any modified Windows 7 like EliteOS, for example?

    I am very sorry if there are mistakes in the sentences.
    I'm spanish.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Location
    America
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tolete View Post
    Good night.
    First of all I would like to thank the OP for the work involved in creating this tool.
    Could anyone tell me if this tool would work with any modified Windows 7 like EliteOS, for example?

    I am very sorry if there are mistakes in the sentences.
    I'm spanish.
    You mean this operating system?
    https://www.eliteos.net/2022/03/eliteos-7-pro-canaima-reforged-x86-y.html or something along those lines.

    I had never heard of EliteOS before now, so I looked for it and found that site. I see what they did with 7 there, to bad it's not in English!
    Transparent start menu on 7, nice touch.

    As for your question though, all you can do is try the tool with your ISO or a copy of it anyway. I tried a modified version from the internet that I have had for years and it didn't work, the special editions on it were incompatible. So the Elite OS is probably incompatible to.

    Update on my install:

    Watch out if you're dual booting. My two sata connected disks were reinitialized automatically at some point a couple of days after the 7 install. That erases them, it's how the drives come when they are new. Not the fault of the Image Updater. I'm not exactly sure why that happened though, I haven't booted into 7 much after that until I can get a backup disk that is in better shape. I think it had something to do with me installing Samsung's Magician software under Windows 7, and those beta drivers. Probably not something everyone has to worry about but thought I should at least tell folks about that. That's the first time I've ever seen active drives reinitialize themselves, but I can't tell if it happened upon a reboot or just being on 7 and using software that didn't exist for it then. No problems with the NVMe drives, just the sata ones. Another possibility could be from me moving library locations from default and linking Windows 7 to my libraries drive. Whatever the case back up your files. Thankfully I had offline backup HDD's to recover the files from.

    Point of the story, be careful what you install on change on 7 if you have another operating system on the same computer. Even if it's on a different hard drive.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member Seeker47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    @ Britton,

    Yes, backups are always important. But the wider point I think must be to confine any major experiments to expendable or secondary hardware. Otherwise, it is not worth the risk. These days, you can pick up alternate computer(s) to be used for testbed purposes inexpensively enough, from eBay or elsewhere.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Location
    America
    Search Comp PM
    I know what you mean there but it's what I got and I'm not scared of having to reinstall Windows from nothing. That's part of how I learned a lot of what I know about computers now, trial and error. I been wanting to install 7 on the Gigabyte build since I built this PC in 2019, but at that time internet articles said the X570 didn't support it. Still I tried installing 7 anyway and then found the same problem everyone else did, no USB support. This is the first method/tool I've tried to use since then and it does work.

    Other than those two SATA disk being reset everything else works as expected. To get it there I had to do the procedure that was outlined from the OP a bit differently. So here's what happened. When I tried using the tool to add all the options to a single version of Windows the program would crash on Windows 11 with a green screen referring to a "Heap Error" and then restart the system. At first I was like, "Damn, another dead end." but I didn't give up. I also checked out other methods but those were out of my league. Was about to just buy a PCIe adapter card but slept on it and the next day I found a method that made it work. I tried to do as much of the processing as possible on the newer computer since it is much faster than my old one.

    What did end up working was to use the tool to do all the options except the driver injection function from Windows 11. Then produce an ISO file and create a bootable flash drive with that image. Next I moved the FD to my old AMD FX build which had a blank HDD in it. Next, used the flash drive to install 7 on the FX system. After getting 7 setup the first thing I did was move the Image Updater tool and a copy of the same ISO I just used to that computers hard drive. This time I only ran the tool to inject drivers, leaving the other options unchecked. No crashes that time and the process only took a few minutes. After the task was completed I remade the flash drive with the completed Windows 7 installer and then tried booting with it on the Gigabyte build with the X570 chipset.

    This time around it worked and I had not only USB support but also SSD support so I ended up installing Win 7 on an 80GB partition that was created on drive D:. That's the other PCI SSD and it made 7 crazy fast. I left the BIOS's CMS settings in UEFI mode but turned off secure boot to get that to work. Other than a triple beep from the PC speaker on startup, I have not had any boot issues. I think the triple beep is alerting me that I need to enable secure boot, it stops beeping when I turn it on, but then 7 can't boot. It's setup to dual boot them both, Honestly, I just wanted to see if this hardware was finally good enough to make the Windows Experience Index aka "Aero Score" finally show all 7.9 without cheating! It does! Hooray

    So yeah I do have a test bed PC laying around but not an x570. I wanted to try it out on my main computer on purpose because I'm getting old and set in my ways. I find 7 to be where my fondest computer memories come from, it and XP. I had to be about 29 or 30 years old when 7 was released. Looking back at all the changes to Windows over the years, good and bad, 7 still holds a spot unlike any of the other versions. Granted I haven't used 7 much since I put it on here, sadly I'm used to Windows 10/11's interface now plus this underlying concern that I can't trust the OS to block snoopers and hackers just by going or being online with it.

    I will load it up again but first I must replace my offline backup drive. Over the years I have removed aging HDD's and kept them as backups. They were all new about 10 years ago. I wasn't able to copy a large portion of the video data remaining on it anymore so it was effectively dead. Took hours to pull data from it and I wasn't able to get all my video's back due to I assume platter wear. Oh well. I did manage to get my important files back so no harm was done, but I won't go back into 7 until I make a new copy of my files and have it offline again. Unfortunately the 3TB drive I retrieved my files from has had it, by "had it" I mean I finished it off last night by opening the metal top and watching it spin without a cover for several minutes. There was something wrong with the read head on it anyway.

    I knew there would be risk trying to setup a dual boot with an unsupported OS and even with the drives being wiped it turned out better than I expected. The only drivers I really had to find was the graphics drivers. Also, in case anyone was wondering you can run software from the other hard disks as well. Things like installed programs and games on the other hard drives will run on 7 without the need to reinstall them. Might not apply to all games.

    Now I didn't try that with everything, only a few programs and one game that will run on just about anything, Dynasty Warriors 9. That could be what got my SATA drives to reinitialize, not the gaming that's on the D drive and it's one of the PCI type. The only thing I can figure, is the initialization happened when I ran the Samsung Magician tool from within Windows 7. All I did was look at the data there, that's it. I noted that the two NVMe drives were not showing up correctly and had only a generic looking version of their name with no information such as drive health being reported, but the SATA disks showed normally. I hasn't happened again and it could have been a number of reasons for it. I noticed I had to keep letting check disk run at boot for both OS's during the bugged install stages where I would have to just hit the reset button sometimes to get unstuck.

    I don't have an extra X570 laying around to test things out with, be nice if I did though and I did not see that one coming (the hard drives) so let my experimentation be a caution to attempts made by others in the future. I tried to lay out what I did and why I did it so folks can understand what I'm doing and to provide insight on an issue others might encounter, even on a test setup. I hate I lost some episodes of Lost and Walking Dead but oh well my curiosity got the better of me, lesson learned.

    Ya'll have a good one!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Hi Everyone...great to be here & hopefully someone or anyone can help me! I'm almost bald, the majority of my hair is laying on the floor now.

    I've tried everything from WinNTSetup to NTLite to 7UP64 to GAWD knows what else.
    I'm trying to install Windows 7 (Old OS) on an HP Desktop Envy TE01 (New PC) that uses an NVME SSD M2.
    And so far it is IMPOSSIBLE!
    The first few hundred times the screen froze at the black welcome Windows 7 screen where the colored flag forms only my flag never formed it just froze.
    Then I got some tools like NTLite and things got a little better, my flag formed little colored circles and then froze...long story short, no success.
    I found a post by a gentleman in this forum and even though I thought it may have been a NO-GO, I tried it, what do I have to lose?
    His idea, script, and the application worked and pushed me further than any other method. So, that's why I am here.
    I need help, I need tips, I need guidance, I need education, I need ideas...even if it's a long shot...I will take it!
    I used the Windows 7 Installer and it worked, I got a fully formed flag but didn't go any further.
    So I got some drivers specific to using HP Envy and added them, so the Installer did not work.
    I am stuck and don't know what to do and am at a loss.
    What do you suggest now? (Oh and I've been testing everything out on VM Workstation)
    Please help!
    --Me
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by XoynZ View Post
    Hi Everyone...great to be here & hopefully someone or anyone can help me! I'm almost bald, the majority of my hair is laying on the floor now.

    I've tried everything from WinNTSetup to NTLite to 7UP64 to GAWD knows what else.
    I'm trying to install Windows 7 (Old OS) on an HP Desktop Envy TE01 (New PC) that uses an NVME SSD M2.
    And so far it is IMPOSSIBLE!
    The first few hundred times the screen froze at the black welcome Windows 7 screen where the colored flag forms only my flag never formed it just froze.
    Then I got some tools like NTLite and things got a little better, my flag formed little colored circles and then froze...long story short, no success.
    I found a post by a gentleman in this forum and even though I thought it may have been a NO-GO, I tried it, what do I have to lose?
    His idea, script, and the application worked and pushed me further than any other method. So, that's why I am here.
    I need help, I need tips, I need guidance, I need education, I need ideas...even if it's a long shot...I will take it!
    I used the Windows 7 Installer and it worked, I got a fully formed flag but didn't go any further.
    So I got some drivers specific to using HP Envy and added them, so the Installer did not work.
    I am stuck and don't know what to do and am at a loss.
    What do you suggest now? (Oh and I've been testing everything out on VM Workstation)
    Please help!
    --Me
    try this here - https://www.ubackup.com/windows-7/install-windows-7-to-nvme-4348.html
    or this - https://www.prime-expert.com/articles/b32/how-to-install-windows-7-to-nvme-ssd/
    Last edited by october262; 25th Nov 2022 at 11:48.
    Quote Quote  
  15. What was the song playlist or name of the band playing them liev? I heard alot of familiar songs it made me nostalgic and I particularly liked how it wasn't studio recorded versions and the vocals lightly off key here and there lol
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member Seeker47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Britton View Post
    . . .
    This time around it worked and I had not only USB support but also SSD support so I ended up installing Win 7 on an 80GB partition that was created on drive D:. That's the other PCI SSD and it made 7 crazy fast. I left the BIOS's CMS settings in UEFI mode but turned off secure boot to get that to work. Other than a triple beep from the PC speaker on startup, I have not had any boot issues. I think the triple beep is alerting me that I need to enable secure boot, it stops beeping when I turn it on, but then 7 can't boot. It's setup to dual boot them both, Honestly, I just wanted to see if this hardware was finally good enough to make the Windows Experience Index aka "Aero Score" finally show all 7.9 without cheating! It does! Hooray

    So yeah I do have a test bed PC laying around but not an x570. I wanted to try it out on my main computer on purpose because I'm getting old and set in my ways. I find 7 to be where my fondest computer memories come from, it and XP. I had to be about 29 or 30 years old when 7 was released. Looking back at all the changes to Windows over the years, good and bad, 7 still holds a spot unlike any of the other versions. Granted I haven't used 7 much since I put it on here, sadly I'm used to Windows 10/11's interface now plus this underlying concern that I can't trust the OS to block snoopers and hackers just by going or being online with it.

    I will load it up again but first I must replace my offline backup drive. Over the years I have removed aging HDD's and kept them as backups. They were all new about 10 years ago. I wasn't able to copy a large portion of the video data remaining on it anymore so it was effectively dead. Took hours to pull data from it and I wasn't able to get all my video's back due to I assume platter wear. Oh well. I did manage to get my important files back so no harm was done, but I won't go back into 7 until I make a new copy of my files and have it offline again. Unfortunately the 3TB drive I retrieved my files from has had it, by "had it" I mean I finished it off last night by opening the metal top and watching it spin without a cover for several minutes. There was something wrong with the read head on it anyway.

    I knew there would be risk trying to setup a dual boot with an unsupported OS and even with the drives being wiped it turned out better than I expected. The only drivers I really had to find was the graphics drivers. Also, in case anyone was wondering you can run software from the other hard disks as well. Things like installed programs and games on the other hard drives will run on 7 without the need to reinstall them. Might not apply to all games.
    . . .
    Interesting report. I've held onto older computers running prior iterations of Win, possibly back even to W2K. Knock on wood, I think they all still booted up, last I checked. If they don't, it's more likely they just need a new button battery, as those do crap out on you after awhile, and that will halt everything fast.

    The key to critical backup is redundancy: TWO of "Can't Lose This" stuff, in separate places, to the fullest extent possible. Extra HDDs -- fixed + portable -- in the absence of any better storage tech solution at present. [Knocking on wood again here, I can't recall any major failures like the one you mentioned. I did irreparably zap one *experimental use* SSD from static electricity, which is why I don't trust them to this day, and have had one flash drive with important contents fail, but that's about it. And there are many flashdrives here. Not a bad track record. Yes, it involves more of an investment in hardware, but what is your important work, collections, etc. worth to you ? You'll also need some useful, organized reference as to what is stored where.]

    I try to image boot partitions with some regularity. In the past, I've also cloned the drives for some extra, just-drop-it-in insurance. (That gets to involve a lot of work though, especially in keeping it current.) I should probably do that soon with a couple data storage drives, because the imaging software I've used for a long time is "monoblock", where you can't go in and extract just some specific files from an image.

    I have no use whatsoever for UEFI and Secure Boot, which to me are just annoying obstacles. For that reason, I continue using non-recent computers. i5 or i7 CPUs are still good enough. Spares should keep them in service for a good while. I've sort of made my peace with Win-10, although like you think that Win-7 was the pinnacle of Windows. If / When 11 or later takes over completely, that is probably where I get off the merry-go-round. Then, OTOH, I know a couple people who still run XP, but with it disconnected from the outside world for security reasons. They'll use Apple or Linux for the online stuff. But I'm leery of dual boot setups, having seen them corrupt HDDs in the past. Something can get tangled up or stomped on in the early, boot loader tracks.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Hi, quick question: 10 days ago, Canonkong released new USB 3.0 drivers that are specifically made for Asus AM4 B550 motherboards. Can anyone tell me how I add these drivers to my Windows 7 ISO made by this tool? See: https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/solution-win7-8-1-drivers-for-usb-3-0-3-1-controller...-systems/33603
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads