VideoHelp Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 24
FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24
Thread
  1. Hello, everything works fine in the installer until I was on the setup username page then my mouse and keyboard stopped working. How can I fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by righty View Post
    Hello, everything works fine in the installer until I was on the setup username page then my mouse and keyboard stopped working. How can I fix this?
    did you try unplugging / plugging back in the mouse & keyboard ??
    Quote Quote  
  3. yeah, i did it several times
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by righty View Post
    yeah, i did it several times
    try going into your computers bios setting and set it to factory default settings
    restart your computer and see if you can finish setting it up.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Emporer Zurg View Post
    it wouldn't install without this. It also won't boot in safe mode. Actually, I may give up and experiment with Win 11 since the mobo supports this. I already tried Ubuntu 20 but that doesn't load sound drivers - tried the code fixes on some forums but still no success. Mobo works fine with Win 10. Edit: mobo runs win 11 - when installing, it asked for a product key so I gave a bulk win 10 pro key and it installed 11 pro. Who knew. I still prefer Win 7, but clearly Bill and his cronies are jealous of Elon so Win 7 just gets harder and harder to implement.
    I'm fairly sure I've mentioned this previously in the thread. If it comes down to hardware compatibility, BIOS issues or settings, or a critical driver that is missing for you, I don't have experience with that. (I still use mostly older, "legacy" hardware -- although they have i5 or i7 CPUs -- and really dislike the whole UEFI / Secureboot deal.) But, I believe you can sill find complete and fully updated Win-7 installation images with download links at MDL (MyDigitalLife) or nsaneforums, which last I checked were free sites to join, and then you might not need to make use of this tool. (There are other sites where those ready-to-roll images can be found, also.) If you've exhausted your options with this tool, that might be worth a try. And then there is also the VM approach, with either VMWare or its major alternate that I think Apache took over. Something____Box: I'm blanking on the name at the moment.

[EDIT: The other name I was failing to recall is VirtualBox.]
    Last edited by Seeker47; 4th Jul 2022 at 11:19. Reason: a better recollection
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    this windows 7 image updater perfect.

After the first installation, windows reset with 0x000000A5 blue screen error during startup.
    located in the \Windows\System32\drivers folder
    I solved it by changing acpi.sys file. (acpipatched-win7.zip)

then my ps2 keyboard worked but none of the usb ports worked.
    and this
    https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/solution-win7-drivers-for-usb-3-0-3-1-controllers-of...36/284?page=26
    Intel_v17mod.zip (3.98 MB)
    USB driver worked fine.

thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I would like to install Windows 7 Pro on an Intel NUC10i5.

Not knowing if this is even possible I tried the Windows 7 Image Updater on a Windows 7 system but the dism.exe version is too old and I can't find a way to update it.
    Then ran the Windows 7 Image Updater on a Windows 10 Pro and it completed successfully - it booted on the NUC10i5 initially with the Windows logo but then the display went unreadable.

Is it even possible to install Windows 7 Pro on a NUC10i5 ?
    Quote Quote