VideoHelp Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22
FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast
Results 601 to 630 of 635
Thread
  1. the bootx64.efi file is located on you windows 7 iso file - see post #9 - [url]https://www.win-raid.com/t7111f52-Install-Windows-on-Kbook-Apollo-Lake-n.html
    I know the location in Win 7.

    I was missing the file in uefi-seven, realized my mistake (i had the source code, not the actual program). I'll report how it goes.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi everyone I am definitely late to the party but feel like I need this. I have the official Windows 7 ISO on a bootable USB via Rufus. I have removed the hard drive that came with the HP Laptop originally with Windows 10 (that is now an external hard drive on my Windows 7 PC). The laptop gives me the famous "drivers not found" error on the installation startup screen of Windows 7. I am downloading the tool that was shown at the beginning of this thread and hopefully it will work. Any other advice I should be aware of?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hello again - update:

    The software took 63 minutes to create my new ISO with no errors - I have a genuine Windows 7 ISO.

    As of typing this post the installer very quickly and efficiently entered the installation program and seems to be running smoothly.

    Will provide updates.

    Originally Posted by tahirtheram86 View Post
    Hi everyone I am definitely late to the party but feel like I need this. I have the official Windows 7 ISO on a bootable USB via Rufus. I have removed the hard drive that came with the HP Laptop originally with Windows 10 (that is now an external hard drive on my Windows 7 PC). The laptop gives me the famous "drivers not found" error on the installation startup screen of Windows 7. I am downloading the tool that was shown at the beginning of this thread and hopefully it will work. Any other advice I should be aware of?
    Quote Quote  
  4. All I can say is WOW. This worked absolutely perfectly. The ISO was made smoothly and in an hour, the install went perfectly and zero issues (so far) during the usage and play-around within Windows 7. Just this morning I had "technical experts" from HP and Microsoft saying that it won't work and it is not supported on a machine designed for Windows 10. Well I didn't give up and thanks to your AMAZING software, I now have Windows 7, pretty much for the rest of my life.

    Thank you so much Atak!

    Happy to field any questions from anyone curious about my experience with the software.

    My laptop is HP 17-p150na, you can find the spec on the HP website (I think it has a nickname "Energy Star" or something).

    Originally Posted by tahirtheram86 View Post
    Hello again - update:

    The software took 63 minutes to create my new ISO with no errors - I have a genuine Windows 7 ISO.

    As of typing this post the installer very quickly and efficiently entered the installation program and seems to be running smoothly.

    Will provide updates.

    Originally Posted by tahirtheram86 View Post
    Hi everyone I am definitely late to the party but feel like I need this. I have the official Windows 7 ISO on a bootable USB via Rufus. I have removed the hard drive that came with the HP Laptop originally with Windows 10 (that is now an external hard drive on my Windows 7 PC). The laptop gives me the famous "drivers not found" error on the installation startup screen of Windows 7. I am downloading the tool that was shown at the beginning of this thread and hopefully it will work. Any other advice I should be aware of?
    Quote Quote  
  5. OK so now the problems begin - below is a list of the hardware which hasn't installed. Currently can't get onto the internet or install remaining drivers with a USB.

    SORRY THE PICTURE IS GRAINY - TOOK PHOTO OF LAPTOP MONITOR:

    Image
    [Attachment 58971 - Click to enlarge]


    Originally Posted by tahirtheram86 View Post
    All I can say is WOW. This worked absolutely perfectly. The ISO was made smoothly and in an hour, the install went perfectly and zero issues (so far) during the usage and play-around within Windows 7. Just this morning I had "technical experts" from HP and Microsoft saying that it won't work and it is not supported on a machine designed for Windows 10. Well I didn't give up and thanks to your AMAZING software, I now have Windows 7, pretty much for the rest of my life.

    Thank you so much Atak!

    Happy to field any questions from anyone curious about my experience with the software.

    My laptop is HP 17-p150na, you can find the spec on the HP website (I think it has a nickname "Energy Star" or something).

    Originally Posted by tahirtheram86 View Post
    Hello again - update:

    The software took 63 minutes to create my new ISO with no errors - I have a genuine Windows 7 ISO.

    As of typing this post the installer very quickly and efficiently entered the installation program and seems to be running smoothly.

    Will provide updates.

    Originally Posted by tahirtheram86 View Post
    Hi everyone I am definitely late to the party but feel like I need this. I have the official Windows 7 ISO on a bootable USB via Rufus. I have removed the hard drive that came with the HP Laptop originally with Windows 10 (that is now an external hard drive on my Windows 7 PC). The laptop gives me the famous "drivers not found" error on the installation startup screen of Windows 7. I am downloading the tool that was shown at the beginning of this thread and hopefully it will work. Any other advice I should be aware of?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi everyone, so I am finally up and running.

    I removed the hard drive and plugged into my main Windows 7 PC with USB/SATA bridge - downloaded as many drivers as I could find using the "hardware IDs" of the missing hardware.

    That sorted out about a third of them, importantly the ethernet controller - once I got online, Windows update installed another third of hardware drivers.

    Finally I posted my missing hardware IDs onto the HP support forum as it is a HP laptop - that got the rest of them installed.

    The only ones missing are the touchpad drivers (which is weird because the touchpad works - probably additional features and interface missing maybe, but I use a mouse so it doesn't matter) and the bluetooth driver which didn't extract, probably because Windows 7 won't support it.

    I will open those two .exe files with 7zip and see if I can install the remaining hardware using the browse function.

    Once again Atak, thanks so much for your software. Lifesaver.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I need some help please.

    Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (WiFi 6) AMD AM4
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
    SSD: Samsung 830 Sata

    My base image was: MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.7.ULTIMATE.RTM.WITH.SP1.X64.RETA IL.ENGLISH.DVD-WZT The Image Updater completed successfully in 2-1/2 hours (what an incredible tool). I burned the image and booted into Windows Setup (and, to my relief, for the first time I had a functional mouse and keyboard).

    Installation went smoothly up until "Installing updates ..." At that point, the installation process said that it would automatically restart in 10 seconds (which it did).

    My problem is that upon restart, the Win7 system doesn't boot. I end up with a blank screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left corner. I looked at the file structure on the drive, and the BOOTMGR file does, indeed, exist. The disk is an MBR (rather than GPT) disk.

    Maybe there is a BIOS setting that I don't have set correctly? CSM is enabled; Secure Boot is disabled. I have Win10 on another drive, and it still boots, fortunately.

    Suggestions?
    Last edited by Droiderat; 30th May 2021 at 14:17.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Droiderat View Post
    I need some help please.

    Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (WiFi 6) AMD AM4
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
    SSD: Samsung 830 Sata

    My base image was: MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.7.ULTIMATE.RTM.WITH.SP1.X64.RETA IL.ENGLISH.DVD-WZT The Image Updater completed successfully in 2-1/2 hours (what an incredible tool). I burned the image and booted into Windows Setup (and, to my relief, for the first time I had a functional mouse and keyboard).

    Installation went smoothly up until "Installing updates ..." At that point, the installation process said that it would automatically restart in 10 seconds (which it did).

    My problem is that upon restart, the Win7 system doesn't boot. I end up with a blank screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left corner. I looked at the file structure on the drive, and the BOOTMGR file does, indeed, exist. The disk is an MBR (rather than GPT) disk.

    Maybe there is a BIOS setting that I don't have set correctly? CSM is enabled; Secure Boot is disabled. I have Win10 on another drive, and it still boots, fortunately.

    Suggestions?
    first try disconnecting all devices connected to the computer (mouse keyboard wifi adapters etc )
    then try booting the computer and see if it will boot.

    second -
    Boot your PC via Safe Mode.
    Click the search box, then type “cmd” (no quotes).
    Right-click Command Prompt, then select Run as Administrator.
    Run the command below:
    sfc /scannow
    Wait for the SFC scan process to complete.
    Exit Command Prompt by typing “exit” (no quotes). Press Enter on your keyboard to execute the command.
    Restart your PC as you normally would.

    try these 2 tips and report back
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thank you for your kind response. Before I heard from you, I deleted all of the partitions on the drive, and began the Win7 installation all over again.

    Installation went smoothly up through "Installing updates ..." The installation process said that it would automatically restart in 10 seconds (which it did). Upon restart, the installation process continued for several more minutes. The screen momentarily went black when, presumably, a graphics driver was being updated. I could see the USB mouse lose (and regain) connectivity (the MS mouse has a light in the "tail"). And then there was another restart. After this boot, the installation hung on the Win7 splash screen (with the logo and "Starting Windows"). No drive activity (per the activity LED attached to the motherboard) and no light on the mouse. So I did a hard reset, and was presented with the startup options screen (safe mode, etc.). I elected to "Start Windows normally", and ended up stuck at the same place.

    I have no idea how to get past this, but I assume that I will need to do something in Safe Mode ... perhaps an SFC /scannow.

    Your thoughts ?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Droiderat View Post
    Thank you for your kind response. Before I heard from you, I deleted all of the partitions on the drive, and began the Win7 installation all over again.

    Installation went smoothly up through "Installing updates ..." The installation process said that it would automatically restart in 10 seconds (which it did). Upon restart, the installation process continued for several more minutes. The screen momentarily went black when, presumably, a graphics driver was being updated. I could see the USB mouse lose (and regain) connectivity (the MS mouse has a light in the "tail"). And then there was another restart. After this boot, the installation hung on the Win7 splash screen (with the logo and "Starting Windows"). No drive activity (per the activity LED attached to the motherboard) and no light on the mouse. So I did a hard reset, and was presented with the startup options screen (safe mode, etc.). I elected to "Start Windows normally", and ended up stuck at the same place.

    I have no idea how to get past this, but I assume that I will need to do something in Safe Mode ... perhaps an SFC /scannow.

    Your thoughts ?
    try the SFC/scannow option in safe mode and see what that does.
    does the computer boot up in safe mode ??
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Originally Posted by Droiderat View Post
    Thank you for your kind response. Before I heard from you, I deleted all of the partitions on the drive, and began the Win7 installation all over again.

    Installation went smoothly up through "Installing updates ..." The installation process said that it would automatically restart in 10 seconds (which it did). Upon restart, the installation process continued for several more minutes. The screen momentarily went black when, presumably, a graphics driver was being updated. I could see the USB mouse lose (and regain) connectivity (the MS mouse has a light in the "tail"). And then there was another restart. After this boot, the installation hung on the Win7 splash screen (with the logo and "Starting Windows"). No drive activity (per the activity LED attached to the motherboard) and no light on the mouse. So I did a hard reset, and was presented with the startup options screen (safe mode, etc.). I elected to "Start Windows normally", and ended up stuck at the same place.

    I have no idea how to get past this, but I assume that I will need to do something in Safe Mode ... perhaps an SFC /scannow.

    Your thoughts ?
    try the SFC/scannow option in safe mode and see what that does.
    does the computer boot up in safe mode ??
    I received the following message when I tried to enter safe mode:
    "Windows cannot complete installation in safe mode. To continue installing Windows, restart the computer."
    Here is the good news from the logs:
    2021-05-30 11:50:23, Info [0x0601dc] IBS Setup has completed phase 4 at 2021-05-30 11:50:23
    2021-05-30 11:50:23, Info IBS Successfully logged Setup information onto event viewer system channel
    2021-05-30 11:50:23, Info IBS Successfully logged OS information onto event viewer system channel
    2021-05-30 11:50:23, Info [0x0601e1] IBS InstallWindows:First boot phase of setup done!!!!
    2021-05-30 11:50:23, Info [0x090009] PANTHR CBlackboard::Close: c:\windows\panther\setupinfo.
    Unfortunately, I didn't get much further than this, as the system hung while booting for the second phase.
    Last edited by Droiderat; 30th May 2021 at 17:15.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Droiderat View Post
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Originally Posted by Droiderat View Post
    Thank you for your kind response. Before I heard from you, I deleted all of the partitions on the drive, and began the Win7 installation all over again.

    Installation went smoothly up through "Installing updates ..." The installation process said that it would automatically restart in 10 seconds (which it did). Upon restart, the installation process continued for several more minutes. The screen momentarily went black when, presumably, a graphics driver was being updated. I could see the USB mouse lose (and regain) connectivity (the MS mouse has a light in the "tail"). And then there was another restart. After this boot, the installation hung on the Win7 splash screen (with the logo and "Starting Windows"). No drive activity (per the activity LED attached to the motherboard) and no light on the mouse. So I did a hard reset, and was presented with the startup options screen (safe mode, etc.). I elected to "Start Windows normally", and ended up stuck at the same place.

    I have no idea how to get past this, but I assume that I will need to do something in Safe Mode ... perhaps an SFC /scannow.

    Your thoughts ?
    try the SFC/scannow option in safe mode and see what that does.
    does the computer boot up in safe mode ??
    I received the following message when I tried to enter safe mode:
    "Windows cannot complete installation in safe mode. To continue installing Windows, restart the computer."
    does the display driver have the latest driver update ??
    try going into the advance boot option screen and use the arrow keys and Enable low-resolution video (640Χ480), and then press Enter.
    if computer still will not boot, others say that you might have a virus - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-boots-to-an-unresponsi...7642e7e?page=1
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Originally Posted by Droiderat View Post
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Originally Posted by Droiderat View Post
    Thank you for your kind response. Before I heard from you, I deleted all of the partitions on the drive, and began the Win7 installation all over again.

    Installation went smoothly up through "Installing updates ..." The installation process said that it would automatically restart in 10 seconds (which it did). Upon restart, the installation process continued for several more minutes. The screen momentarily went black when, presumably, a graphics driver was being updated. I could see the USB mouse lose (and regain) connectivity (the MS mouse has a light in the "tail"). And then there was another restart. After this boot, the installation hung on the Win7 splash screen (with the logo and "Starting Windows"). No drive activity (per the activity LED attached to the motherboard) and no light on the mouse. So I did a hard reset, and was presented with the startup options screen (safe mode, etc.). I elected to "Start Windows normally", and ended up stuck at the same place.

    I have no idea how to get past this, but I assume that I will need to do something in Safe Mode ... perhaps an SFC /scannow.

    Your thoughts ?
    try the SFC/scannow option in safe mode and see what that does.
    does the computer boot up in safe mode ??
    I received the following message when I tried to enter safe mode:
    "Windows cannot complete installation in safe mode. To continue installing Windows, restart the computer."
    does the display driver have the latest driver update ??
    try going into the advance boot option screen and use the arrow keys and Enable low-resolution video (640Χ480), and then press Enter.
    if computer still will not boot, others say that you might have a virus - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-boots-to-an-unresponsi...7642e7e?page=1
    I'm not sure you understand where I am in the setup process. I have completed the "first boot phase" of setup. At this point, there is not now, nor has there been, an opportunity to upgrade graphics drivers. Everything in the system is coming from the Win 7 setup disk.

    Further, I am presently unable to get into any "advanced boot options" screen in Win 7, and there is no such screen which contains video settings in my BIOS.

    And I am not booting to a black screen (as described in the article you linked). My system is hanging on the startup of the second boot phase. The animated Windows logo has swirled and come together, and the text below is says "Starting Windows ...". And at that point my system stops (and the logo and the text both remain on the screen).

    While I am reluctant to rule out any possible cause for why the system is hanging, it is unlikely to be due to the graphics driver, nor due to a virus (I personally downloaded the image file from the MSDN file server, and just ran a thorough virus scan on that drive, and it is clean).
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Droiderat View Post
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Originally Posted by Droiderat View Post
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Originally Posted by Droiderat View Post
    Thank you for your kind response. Before I heard from you, I deleted all of the partitions on the drive, and began the Win7 installation all over again.

    Installation went smoothly up through "Installing updates ..." The installation process said that it would automatically restart in 10 seconds (which it did). Upon restart, the installation process continued for several more minutes. The screen momentarily went black when, presumably, a graphics driver was being updated. I could see the USB mouse lose (and regain) connectivity (the MS mouse has a light in the "tail"). And then there was another restart. After this boot, the installation hung on the Win7 splash screen (with the logo and "Starting Windows"). No drive activity (per the activity LED attached to the motherboard) and no light on the mouse. So I did a hard reset, and was presented with the startup options screen (safe mode, etc.). I elected to "Start Windows normally", and ended up stuck at the same place.

    I have no idea how to get past this, but I assume that I will need to do something in Safe Mode ... perhaps an SFC /scannow.

    Your thoughts ?
    try the SFC/scannow option in safe mode and see what that does.
    does the computer boot up in safe mode ??
    I received the following message when I tried to enter safe mode:
    "Windows cannot complete installation in safe mode. To continue installing Windows, restart the computer."
    does the display driver have the latest driver update ??
    try going into the advance boot option screen and use the arrow keys and Enable low-resolution video (640Χ480), and then press Enter.
    if computer still will not boot, others say that you might have a virus - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-boots-to-an-unresponsi...7642e7e?page=1
    I'm not sure you understand where I am in the setup process. I have completed the "first boot phase" of setup. At this point, there is not now, nor has there been, an opportunity to upgrade graphics drivers. Everything in the system is coming from the Win 7 setup disk.

    Further, I am presently unable to get into any "advanced boot options" screen in Win 7, and there is no such screen which contains video settings in my BIOS.

    And I am not booting to a black screen (as described in the article you linked). My system is hanging on the startup of the second boot phase. The animated Windows logo has swirled and come together, and the text below is says "Starting Windows ...". And at that point my system stops (and the logo and the text both remain on the screen).

    While I am reluctant to rule out any possible cause for why the system is hanging, it is unlikely to be due to the graphics driver, nor due to a virus (I personally downloaded the image file from the MSDN file server, and just ran a thorough virus scan on that drive, and it is clean).
    look under under Windows 7 hangs at startup - classpnp.sys - https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/ultimate-troubleshooting-guide-for-windows-7-hanging-issues/
    Last edited by october262; 31st May 2021 at 01:25.
    Quote Quote  
  15. I solved my problem. As part of my troubleshooting, I used the BIOS to disable the onboard peripherals (HD audio, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth). After doing that, the installation of Win7 completed without issue. Testing the peripherals one-by-one, I determined that it was (is) the HD audio which causes the system to hang on startup (if enabled, it still hangs on system startup notwithstanding the completion of the installation). I don't have Win7 drivers for any of these:
    • ROG SupremeFX 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220A
    • Intel Ethernet Controller - i225-V 2.5 Gb
    • Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160 MHz
    • Intel Wireless Bluetooth
    The audio chip is a slightly modified Realtek, and uses Realtek drivers. I am hopeful that I can locate Win7 drivers for it. I am less optimistic about finding drivers for the Intel networking chips, as they weren't released until long after the discontinuance of Win7 support.

    Thank you for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Hy, i just wanted to say Win 7 does not work with Asus motherboards, because i have the same problem installation hanging at win 7 logo with Asus X470 motherboard, while at another place works perfect with MSI B550 motherboards. So i will also try to disable the HD audio and see if will start. Othet than that i already ordered my new MSI B550 Edge motherboard to replace this Asus.

    Look for drivers here,
    https://www.win-raid.com/f52-Windows-Vista-Server.html


    Originally Posted by Droiderat View Post
    I solved my problem. As part of my troubleshooting, I used the BIOS to disable the onboard peripherals (HD audio, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth). After doing that, the installation of Win7 completed without issue. Testing the peripherals one-by-one, I determined that it was (is) the HD audio which causes the system to hang on startup (if enabled, it still hangs on system startup notwithstanding the completion of the installation). I don't have Win7 drivers for any of these:
    • ROG SupremeFX 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220A
    • Intel Ethernet Controller - i225-V 2.5 Gb
    • Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160 MHz
    • Intel Wireless Bluetooth
    The audio chip is a slightly modified Realtek, and uses Realtek drivers. I am hopeful that I can locate Win7 drivers for it. I am less optimistic about finding drivers for the Intel networking chips, as they weren't released until long after the discontinuance of Win7 support.

    Thank you for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  17. I looked at the specs for the MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI motherboard, and compared them to the ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (WiFi 6).

    Both MBs use the same Intel WiFi/Bluetooth chip (AX200), and AFAIK, there are no Win7 drivers for that. However, the MSI uses Realtek chips for both the audio (ALC1200) and the Ethernet (RTL8125B), and it appears that there may be Win7 drivers available for each of those.


    Originally Posted by AlexsHunter View Post
    Hy, i just wanted to say Win 7 does not work with Asus motherboards, because i have the same problem installation hanging at win 7 logo with Asus X470 motherboard, while at another place works perfect with MSI B550 motherboards. So i will also try to disable the HD audio and see if will start. Othet than that i already ordered my new MSI B550 Edge motherboard to replace this Asus.

    Look for drivers here,
    https://www.win-raid.com/f52-Windows-Vista-Server.html


    Originally Posted by Droiderat View Post
    I solved my problem. As part of my troubleshooting, I used the BIOS to disable the onboard peripherals (HD audio, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth). After doing that, the installation of Win7 completed without issue. Testing the peripherals one-by-one, I determined that it was (is) the HD audio which causes the system to hang on startup (if enabled, it still hangs on system startup notwithstanding the completion of the installation). I don't have Win7 drivers for any of these:
    • ROG SupremeFX 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220A
    • Intel Ethernet Controller - i225-V 2.5 Gb
    • Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 160 MHz
    • Intel Wireless Bluetooth
    The audio chip is a slightly modified Realtek, and uses Realtek drivers. I am hopeful that I can locate Win7 drivers for it. I am less optimistic about finding drivers for the Intel networking chips, as they weren't released until long after the discontinuance of Win7 support.

    Thank you for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Yes those Realtek chips has Win 7 drivers and they working well, while i don’t need wifi. But maybe i saw modded driver also for intel Ax200 wifi if very needed.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Hi, I'm new here and hope someone can give me a little advice.

    I would like to buy a Dell Precision 7740 and install win7 on it. I'm happy to learn and test things, but want to avoid buying a laptop, overseeing something and ending up selling the laptop again...

    My biggest question is if I would run into any problems if I would buy any of these Coffee Lake CPUs. Has anybody successfully used one of them, should I avoid a specific CPU? Any help would be appreciated.

    Intel Xeon E-2286M
    Intel i9-9980HK
    Intel i9-9880H
    Intel Xeon E-2276M
    Intel i7-9850H
    Intel i7-9750H


    The WLAN module wouldn't work, so I would buy an Intel AC 8265 module.
    Am I overseeing any driver which would cause troubles?

    Thanks in advance for your help
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    France
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone,
    First of all, thank you for your wonderful project !
    I'm french so my english will may be not really good, I'm sorry for that...
    I need your help, I'm searching a solution since one week but I don't find anything...
    My mother want me to downgrade her computer to Windows 7, It's an Asus R540LJ, proc Intel core i3 (5th generation - Broadwell) realased in 2017
    I used your tool, windows 7 image updater for doing that, and everything is perfect except for the touchpad, it doesn't work and it does not appear in "device manager"...
    I've done many research and I found something about Intel serial IO for I2C devices that they don't be recognized by windows 7

    I installed windows 10 temporarily for seeing differences and I learn that the touchpad is an Elantech device, but drivers for windows 7 tell me that they don't find any compatible devices... worse : no device in my windows 7's device manager has the ID of the touchpad of Windows 10...
    Atk drivers are installed successfully but asus smart gesture give me a windows installer's error and I don't know why...
    I flashed the bios for find an option for the touchpad but no result anymore...
    UEFI or CSM don't change anything...
    Now I don't know what to do

    I'm sorry again for my english, I hope that you will understand me anyway and thank you for reading
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Flo1410 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    First of all, thank you for your wonderful project !
    I'm french so my english will may be not really good, I'm sorry for that...
    I need your help, I'm searching a solution since one week but I don't find anything...
    My mother want me to downgrade her computer to Windows 7, It's an Asus R540LJ, proc Intel core i3 (5th generation - Broadwell) realased in 2017
    I used your tool, windows 7 image updater for doing that, and everything is perfect except for the touchpad, it doesn't work and it does not appear in "device manager"...
    I've done many research and I found something about Intel serial IO for I2C devices that they don't be recognized by windows 7

    I installed windows 10 temporarily for seeing differences and I learn that the touchpad is an Elantech device, but drivers for windows 7 tell me that they don't find any compatible devices... worse : no device in my windows 7's device manager has the ID of the touchpad of Windows 10...
    Atk drivers are installed successfully but asus smart gesture give me a windows installer's error and I don't know why...
    I flashed the bios for find an option for the touchpad but no result anymore...
    UEFI or CSM don't change anything...
    Now I don't know what to do

    I'm sorry again for my english, I hope that you will understand me anyway and thank you for reading
    try this driver - https://www.techspot.com/drivers/driver/file/information/13268/
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    France
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you very much for your answer
    Unfortunately, this driver doesn't work... dpinst says that it's "ready to use" but the touchpad is still dead...
    I think it is under a "9cxx" processor's controller by i2c over HID and windows 7 don't see it... it is any case what I deduced during my searching...
    It is weard because the touchpad works perfectly during the installation, but when the pc reboot on windows 7 for the first using, it does not work anymore

    I think It's because the installation uses Windows 10's boot, but I don't know why it does not take the same configuration after...
    I will try again an other installation with a new clean image of windows 7 and the last update of windows 7 image updater today, we will see if there is some differences, I will post soon to tell you if it work...
    I hope it will works !
    Last edited by Flo1410; 23rd Sep 2021 at 05:06.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    United States
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Flo1410 View Post
    Thank you very much for your answer
    Unfortunately, this driver doesn't work... dpinst says that it's "ready to use" but the touchpad is still dead...
    I think it is under a "9cxx" processor's controller by i2c over HID and windows 7 don't see it... it is any case what I deduced during my searching...
    It is weard because the touchpad works perfectly during the installation, but when the pc reboot on windows 7 for the first using, it does not work anymore

    I think It's because the installation uses Windows 10's boot, but I don't know why it does not take the same configuration after...
    I will try again an other installation with a new clean image of windows 7 and the last update of windows 7 image updater today, we will see if there is some differences, I will post soon to tell you if it work...
    I hope it will works !
    boot the laptop in safe mode and see if the touchpad works.
    also, on some laptops like mine, it has the option to turn off the touchpad on the keyboard.
    does yours have that option ??
    Last edited by october262; 23rd Sep 2021 at 08:25.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    France
    Search Comp PM
    So I successfully reinstalled Windows 7 on this computer, but the touchpad doesn't work anymore...
    It works during the installation's process, but when it reboots for ending, it's stop working totally and without any explanation...

    In the devices manager, I don't have any device in error (excepted the graphics card but I've already find the driver), and there isn't section for mouses or pointing devices, it seems like there isn't any mouse on this computer... I'm totally lost now, my mother will be use an USB mouse, but I hope someone could help me anyway

    Just for the story, there is 2 years, I'v already installed Windows 7 on a most recent computer : an Acer Nitro 5 with a coffee lake processor, and all was perfect, touchpad included, so I really don't know why it doesn't work on this sh**...
    Thanks for reading and I'm still really sorry if my english isn't perfect !
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    France
    Search Comp PM
    I tried booting in safe mode right now but it doesn't work anymore...
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    France
    Search Comp PM
    Yes I have this option on the keyboard : "fn+f9" but it doesn't work at all...
    I also have this option in the UEFI, but it's enabled too

    I think windows 7 doesn't see at all this touchpad because it is probably under an I2C device that is not managed correcty by the os...
    Last edited by Flo1410; 23rd Sep 2021 at 08:43.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    Egypt
    Search Comp PM
    Is it normal for this to say: (warning) wanted to use 12 threads, but listing to 10 to fit in available memory! Image
    [Attachment 60984 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    Egypt
    Search Comp PM
    Does this usually happen? : [WARNING] Wanted to use 12 threads, but limiting to 10 to fit in available memory!Image
    [Attachment 60985 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  29. Yes if you do not have ENOUGH AVAILABLE SYSTEM MEMORY.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    Egypt
    Search Comp PM
    How do can I have enough? I don't know how. + is it even possible to have win7 with drivers even if my laptop is a core i7 10th gen? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads