VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 24
FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by Yaron View Post
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    try updating the bios to the latest version and then try your secure boot options - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/cant-enable-compatibility-support-module-on-an...10m-e.3654655/
    @october262,

I've updated the BIOS version and I can enable CSM now.
    Thank you so much! I'm truly grateful.

@Atak_Snajpera,

Now that I'm about to use your tool, I'd like to thank you for creating it.
    (More praises and thanks after using it ).

Allow me a few questions:

1. My old Win 7 installation DVD is "Enterprise Addition" and the current license is not valid anymore.
    Is https://softlay.net/operating-system/windows-7-professional-full-version-free-download...32-64-bit.html reliable?
    If not, can you please refer me to a reliable site? Multiple Non-English languages?

2. In your screenshot in the first post of this thread, the output is ISO.
    I'm not a pro and I'm not sure I understand it. Is there an option to directly create an installation image? Isn't this what I would finally need to have in the USB?

3. In "20 GiB of free space" I suppose you're NOT referring to the USB. Would a 16 GB USB be enough?

4. Would I have to install any other drivers for my specific motherboard after using your tool?
    My use is quite basic. Is there an option to select which drivers to install?

I do appreciate your work and help.
    2) Just use rufus to create bootable pendrive from ISO
    3) 20 GiB refers to space on your computer (HDD/SSD). Single edition fully updated (for example Ultimate) will require ~4.3 GiB on your USB stick.
    4) Most drivers will be installed automatically during windows installation. iGPU may not work due to lack of official drivers from intel.
    Quote Quote  
  2. @october262,

My "Enterprise Addition" license changes frequently. I'd have to contact some people where I used to work and I'd rather not do that.
    Can you recommend a reliable site?

Thank you for that too.

@Atak_Snajpera,

Thank you for the explanation.

iGPU may not work due to lack of official drivers from intel.
    I don't have another Graphics Card.
    Should I be able to find those Intel drivers? And what would it practically mean if I don't?
    Quote Quote  
  3. VGA mode only = terrible performance

Ps. You will need to buy dGPU to have hardware acceleration in Windows 7 (working Aero glass for example)
    Quote Quote  
  4. I've actually been using Windows Classic Theme. :)
    But hardware acceleration is important.

https://retrosystemsrevival.blogspot.com/2019/11/modded-intel-uhd-610-and-630-driver-for.html

What do you think? Should I keep looking for a similar driver for my i7-10700? Or you know it's not available?

Thanks again. I appreciate your patience.
    Quote Quote  
  5. It would be much easier if you bought some ultra cheap GT 710 or something better like RX570/RX580
    Quote Quote  
  6. I've already bought the i7-10700. It never occurred to me I'd face such problems.

Thanks again. I do appreciate your help.
    I'll update here if and when I find a solution.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Pir8pete View Post
    Recently just built a Ryzen system "3900XT CPU" in a "x570" board and had issues with booting and getting the USB mouse and keyboard to work at the windows setup like some of the others. Spent afew hrs and finally figured it out.

I'll post this complete ready to burn to USB image for the others having an issue. Uses the win10 setup that looks & feels like win7 so it has all the new support built in, plus a properly built boot.win to support AMD.
    Full Image -> http://www.mediafire.com/file/aa0mm7488mt5f5y

Here are the individual .iso's that make up this full image;
    x64 Installer -> http://www.mediafire.com/file/7fiqtt5omkaq4tc
    These wims below go inside x64 Installer .iso file above and inside the sources folder;
    Boot wim -> http://www.mediafire.com/file/slk441q95r06r2n
    install wim -> http://www.mediafire.com/file/84wf1ql5di76q9e

Here the Tool notes below I had to use in combination with Atak_Snajpera's tool otherwise it would not work.

SiMPLiX_AiO_ISO_Full_Tool_2_2_20.8.13
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    MDL Win 7 Tool for SiMPLiX UpdatePack AiO ISO (with install.wim/esd) Creation v2.1

What the tool does:

- Extracts the source iso's
    - Creates an iso with boot.wim from win 10, acting and looking like win 7 and can handle install.esd (can only be used for clean installs from boot)
    - Inserts the correct ei.cfg
    - Inserts the $OEM$ folder in "iso:\sources" (Optional, only when you put files in the "OEM" project folder, the $OEM$ folder will be copied to the "ISO\Sources\" folder)
    - Extracts and adds DaRT 7 to winre.wim
    - Integrates universal USB3.x drivers in winre.wim and install.wim too.
    - Integrates nVME drivers in winre.wim and install.wim
    - Integrates (W)Lan drivers in Winre.wim and Install.wim
    - Uses Simplix updatepack for updating install.wim
    - Integrates Smartfix by Simplix (optional)
    - Creates all other/desired sku's* from the Win 7 MSDN RETAIL source ISO
    - Compresses the install.wim to install.esd if desired (optional)
    - Saves the ISO.

The saved iso is capable of:

- Legacy BIOS (x86 & x64) and UEFI booting (x64 and needs CSM enabled)
    - Boots on USB3.x ports
    - Contains MS DaRT 7** (package nicked from MSMG Toolkit)
    - Fits on FAT32 formatted USB keys (boots UEFI and Legacy BIOS)
    - Fits on standard DVD5
    - Has all the benefits and options Simplix UpdatePack offers

The saved iso is NOT capable of:

- ISO can't be used for upgrades

* List of the created SKU's:

x86:
    - Starter
    - HomeBasic
    - HomePremium
    - Professional
    - Ultimate
    - Enterprise (no need to provide a win 7 Enterprise source ISO anymore!)

x64:
    - Starter
    - HomeBasic
    - HomePremium
    - Professional
    - Ultimate
    - Enterprise (no need to provide a win 7 Enterprise source ISO anymore!)

** MS DaRT 7 is released with 11 LP's, the script will check what language the source ISOs are, if there isn't a LP available for your language, it uses en-US.

MS DaRT main package:

7fdb49177b0acc806b2ff5d48121cf0f8452eadc *Dart_w7.tpk

Availabe Language files:

cab7bbbbcc36194faddd6ef45b8b197d5875b8ee *Dart_w7_de-DE.tpk
    8990287a0646c6989d2977f4fce8c8ec7227473d *Dart_w7_en-US.tpk
    2a85b5137004cc89bc435519922689e157ffc63b *Dart_w7_es-ES.tpk
    9e43fef9535f17aeb2257452922513916fb7e574 *Dart_w7_fr-FR.tpk
    932561b2b635a931e5e47f737520e813816fe104 *Dart_w7_it-IT.tpk
    11aef74aa90dee496f7b06c2939b1d2dee0a9e77 *Dart_w7_ja-JP.tpk
    c68d250f337dd3e4a31c5eb37d472a064ddc11f9 *Dart_w7_ko-KR.tpk
    509f18add472b7502ebd8292bdca702883c473a2 *Dart_w7_pt-BR.tpk
    a690ab1e231297accff34dd3ccc1a1716958dc95 *Dart_w7_ru-RU.tpk
    a6959dceca4c5b8eacc42d8063c78be1b3cd42f6 *Dart_w7_zh-CN.tpk
    b926f973a7b7bb8309d5d0d7e77d74e9b80a0b1c *Dart_w7_zh-TW.tpk

How to use:

IMPORTANT!!! To be able to run this project on Win 7 host OS, you need to install 8.1/10 ADK (dism tools) Non-Insider Preview!!!
    Win 7 VL ISOs can't be used and Win 7 Enterprise ISOs neither, only the Win 7 MSDN RETAIL ISOs are supported as source ISO!!!

- On 7 Host, install 19041 ADK: http://software-download.microsoft.com/download/pr/19041.1.191206-1406.vb_release_amd64fre_ADK.iso

- Put a windows 10 ISO (i use 2016 LTSB***) in the "SOURCE_ISOs\10.." folder (x64 ISO in the x64 folder and x86 ISO in the x86 folder)
    - Put a windows 7 ISO (MSDN Ultimate) in the "SOURCE_ISOs\7.." folder (x64 ISO in the x64 folder and x86 ISO in the x86 folder)
    - Put the desired drivers in their folders (i provided some inside the project folders)
    - Put the desired files inside the "OEM" folder (use this folder structure "$oem$\$$\Setup\Scripts\")
    - Put the most current Simplix UpdatePack inside the "EXE" folder
    - Put the desired Addons**** (.WA) inside the Appropriate "Addons_x64" or "Addons_x86" folder (when desired), all current ones are included
    - Change the SiMPLiX.bat file, option Spectre/Meltdown switch to your satisfaction (by default it's set to: /FixOFF, to enable change to /FixON)

And last but not least:
    - Run the appropriate cmd (x86 or x64) to create the desired SiMPLiX updated win 7

*** When a windows 10 source iso <1803 is used, the eula will show Enterprise, when enterprise is installed. When the win 10 source iso is 1803 or newer, it will show the Professional eula during setup, when Enterprise is installed!
    **** The current supported addons (by abbodi1406) are (using UpdatePack7R2-19.4.10.exe and up):

- DirectX_June2010_x64.WA
    - DotNetFx48_date_x64.WA (+LP, when needed)
    - vcredist_x64_Win7_date.WA
    - (and for x86, their x86 equivalents)

For when something goes wrong, I've added a Project Cleanup script, it will unmount any still mounted wim and clean all temp folders, the project creates.
    i got new laptop msi gp75 leopard 10sfk-074ca , your iso image installed and successfully booted, the only problem is usb ports dont work, they work until the setup is complete but after they dont work, this laptop has USB 3.2 Gen1 *3 , USB 3.2 Gen2 Type C *1 ports, can you please help me with this issue? i cant find the usb 3.2 drivers...
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Pir8pete View Post
    Originally Posted by racingmad View Post
    ok i have been at this all day now, and still getting no where. no iso file shows and even if it does i don't know what to do with it! This is actually starting to make me ill.
    I am marooned in backward Ireland with no chance of help for Shops etc where i am. I will ******* PAY the first man to help me get the ******* mouse and keyboard working in this bastard Ryzen & machine and send me a working bootable usb for windows 7! (never again!)

USB 3/XHCI driver stack for Windows 7

Based on the work of Mov AX, 0xDEAD from Win-Raid forum, otherwise we would never know that the Windows 8 driver could be ported to older OSes.
    It's a truly generic USB 3/XHCI host driver, even supporting USB Attached SCSI Protocol (UASP) devices.
    Supports USB 3/XHCI host controllers from any manufacturer (USB 3.0/3.1/3.2).
    Supports 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) systems.

Notes:
    - Clearly, Microsoft originally intended to release the driver as an update to Windows 7, but later decided to make it a Win8 exclusive and added artificial locks.
    - USB Attached SCSI Protocol (UASP) driver is a standalone driver. For the first time, you need to install it manually.
    - Removed/disabled all telemetry crap.
    - INF file is MUI enabled, supporting localized strings for 22 languages.
    - Drivers double-signed, thanks to canonkong from Win-Raid forum, so no issues with Driver Signature Enforcement on 64-bit/x64 systems, even without SHA-256 updates.
    - Drivers can be integrated into installation media after integration of KB2864202 above.
    - canonkong has thoroughly tested the driver's stability and performance for several days with most (if not all) existing controllers.
    - Original files x64: (KB2984005 or KB4534320) and KB2984005.
    - Original files x86: KB4534320 and KB2984005.

Try adding this USB driver to your windows .iso image -> http://www.mediafire.com/file/tlashud5xyisyiw
    Password: MDL2020

Test System

Let me know if this works
    thanks for this,
    i am going to try this on msi gp75 and will post the result after. this laptop has usb 3.2 gen 2 ports.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    I had some vids from a CCTV security camera that I accidentally erased. The SD card was left with the video in a .264 file. When I try playing it on VLC, staxrip or ripbot nothing works. I get some weird green image. I'm thinking the file is corrupt. I don't know because I don't know anything about this stuff. Any advice? I can send you the file if you would look at for me. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  10. @Atak_Snajpera,

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/384921-Windows-7-Image-Updater-SkyLake-KabyLake-Co...18#post2603693

I've downloaded your recommended ISO, updated it with Windows 7 Image Updater and installed.
    It worked like a charm. Thank you very much.

I'm still struggling with a driver for UHD 630. I hope I'll find a solution.

When running gpedit.msc, I get multiple admx errors.
    Googling it I've found some solutions but I wanted to ask you first. Is that expected? What's your recommended solution?

* I've installed a language pack.

I'd appreciate your help.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to install windows 7 pro on Asus Laptop e406m n this laptop has no Legacy/CSM. Only UEFI, secure mode and fast mode. I turend all off, I could install windows 7 using win7 updater everything went fine but windows 7 wont boot up it says File: \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD, Status: 0x000000d. omegle
    Last edited by bulahkiola; 18th Dec 2020 at 08:19.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Just i’d like to thank you, i have tried lots tools to use to update my ISO file, but this tool is the most convenient and worked very well with my MSI B550i and Ryzen 5 5600X CPU. So good i can still use Windows 7 in my new modern computer ,

Quote Quote  
  13. This tool has worked amazingly with my 9900K and 3080. I was getting massive stutters in Fortnite and this seems to have fixed it going to Win7 (wtf) Anyways does anyone know how to make cod warzone run smoothly? It runs really bad. I know its a dx based game but idk its bad.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Barrybondz View Post
    This tool has worked amazingly with my 9900K and 3080. I was getting massive stutters in Fortnite and this seems to have fixed it going to Win7 (wtf) Anyways does anyone know how to make cod warzone run smoothly? It runs really bad. I know its a dx based game but idk its bad.

here's the minimum system requirements to run cod warzone - https://support.activision.com/call-of-duty-warzone/articles/minimum-and-recommended-s...f-duty-warzone you may want to check out some of the videos on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6b4ivADH2k
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Originally Posted by Barrybondz View Post
    This tool has worked amazingly with my 9900K and 3080. I was getting massive stutters in Fortnite and this seems to have fixed it going to Win7 (wtf) Anyways does anyone know how to make cod warzone run smoothly? It runs really bad. I know its a dx based game but idk its bad.

here's the minimum system requirements to run cod warzone - https://support.activision.com/call-of-duty-warzone/articles/minimum-and-recommended-s...f-duty-warzone you may want to check out some of the videos on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6b4ivADH2k
    When it first launched it did not support windows 7. The game runs exclusively in dx12 and was designed for windows 10 from the ground up. You don't even have an option for full screen and only windowed full screen. So basically I was wondering if anyone on this forum who is diehard windows 7 has any ideas on how to make it run good on windows 7.
    Last edited by Barrybondz; 11th Jan 2021 at 01:53.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I need a lil' bit of help here. I've used this tool and it seems it didn't work as I've been running into the rampant issue of the "non-compliant ACPI" bluescreen, I've been fiddling around with the BIOS but to no luck.

I have a Legion Y7000P-1060 Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 81LF that I got for christmas.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Thanks a lot for your amazing work. You saved me 145 euros.

I installed Windows 7 in a TUF Gaming Z490 plus wi-fi.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MGCO1963 View Post
    I need a lil' bit of help here. I've used this tool and it seems it didn't work as I've been running into the rampant issue of the "non-compliant ACPI" bluescreen, I've been fiddling around with the BIOS but to no luck.

I have a Legion Y7000P-1060 Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 81LF that I got for christmas.
    does your Laptop have the latest Bios update ??
    if not update it.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM

if not update it.
    I did, it didn't change matters.
    Quote Quote  
  20. @ Atak_Snajpera

Again, thank you very much for this installer.

But I have a problem.
    Windows 7 Ultimate

This are my issues. How do I solve these?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DM.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	57090  

Quote Quote  
  21. Check hardware id and Ask google for solution
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM

if not update it.
    I did, it didn't change matters.
    does the computer boot at all ?
    if you can, go into the command prompt and Type Bootrec.exe, and then press ENTER and run - first C:\bootrec/fixMbr

2nd C:\bootrec/FixBoot

3rd C:\bootrec/RebuildBcd

and then C:\Exit
    restart your computer and see if that works.

you need a windows 7 CD for this repair to work - https://www.dell.com/community/Laptops-General-Read-Only/quot-the-bios-in-this-system-...n/td-p/3836066
    Last edited by october262; 1st Feb 2021 at 11:54.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by superimpose View Post
    @ Atak_Snajpera

But I have a problem.
    Windows 7 Ultimate

for both of the errors, go back into your device manager and try updating the drivers.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
    Check hardware id and Ask google for solution

@ Atak_Snajpera

But I have a problem.
    Windows 7 Ultimate

for both of the errors, go back into your device manager and try updating the drivers.
    I still have problems
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bt1.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	57117  

Click image for larger version

Name:	bt2.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	57118  

Name:	bt3.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	57119  

Name:	bt4.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	57120  

Name:	nc1.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	57121  

Name:	nc2.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	57122  

Name:	nc3.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	57123  

Name:	nc4.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	57124  

Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
    Check hardware id and Ask google for solution

@ Atak_Snajpera

But I have a problem.
    Windows 7 Ultimate

I still have problems
    for the generic bluetooth error, try uninstall every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers hardware category in Device Manager as part of the driver reinstall. This includes any USB Mass Storage Device, USB Host Controller, and USB Root Hub. restart your computer and retry installing the bluetooth device.

for the network controller error, try disabling your antivirus software and then try updating the driver.
    make sure that you have all the latest service packs & updates.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Hi, after long research of getting W7 to B550M -Plus/3600/Nvme WD750, will try your solution, hopfully it will work but can you add a quick guide or steps to run your pack? AND most importantly how to add few extra things that i need found on this post along with your stuff - https://maxedtech.com/amd-ryzen-and-windows-7/??
    I need to add Nvme drivers...
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by tryingtobebest View Post
    Hi, after long research of getting W7 to B550M -Plus/3600/Nvme WD750, will try your solution, hopfully it will work but can you add a quick guide or steps to run your pack? AND most importantly how to add few extra things that i need found on this post along with your stuff - https://maxedtech.com/amd-ryzen-and-windows-7/??
    I need to add Nvme drivers...
    You DO NOT NEED TO ADD NVME DRIVERS because fully updated win7 has already native support for nvme!
    proof -> https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/update-to-add-native-driver-support-in-nvm-e...b-019d16455a6b
    Quote Quote  
  28. @ Atak_Snajpera,

Should your tool work with a multi-lingual Dell disc?

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  29. @october262,

Asus Prime H410-A
    Intel® Core™ i7-10700

I've successfully installed Windows 7 with Windows 7 Image Updater.
    I've installed a dGPU and solved the display issues.

But after installing my local language pack, I got multiple .admx errors when running gpedit.msc.

I've tried using a multi-lingual ISO, but Windows 7 Image Updater did not generate the modified ISO.
    Currently I don't have any OS installed and I'd need to start from scratch using the English ISO.

The question is if those .admx errors can be solved.

Should any of the following methods work?
    https://www.exefiles.com/en/msc/gpedit-msc/
    https://www.askvg.com/how-to-enable-group-policy-editor-gpedit-msc-in-windows-7-home-p...rter-editions/

Can you think of a simpler solution?

Thank you. I'd appreciate your help.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Yaron View Post
    @october262,

Asus Prime H410-A
    Intel® Core™ i7-10700

I've successfully installed Windows 7 with Windows 7 Image Updater.
    I've installed a dGPU and solved the display issues.

But after installing my local language pack, I got multiple .admx errors when running gpedit.msc.

I've tried using a multi-lingual ISO, but Windows 7 Image Updater did not generate the modified ISO.
    Currently I don't have any OS installed and I'd need to start from scratch using the English ISO.

The question is if those .admx errors can be solved.

Should any of the following methods work?
    https://www.exefiles.com/en/msc/gpedit-msc/
    https://www.askvg.com/how-to-enable-group-policy-editor-gpedit-msc-in-windows-7-home-p...rter-editions/

Can you think of a simpler solution?

Thank you. I'd appreciate your help.
    try this instead - http://woshub.com/reset-local-group-policies-settings-in-windows/
    Quote Quote