Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
    log.txt
    lmaooo sorry
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you very much Atak_Snajpera! I have successfully installed win7 Ultimate on Ryzen 9 3950x, Asus ROG Crosshair VIII hero wifi x570 and Kingston 1000GB A2000 M.2 2280 NVMe with a help of your software without ext. PCIe card. I used two USB 2.0 from mobo.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My chipset is H370, does that mean my mouse and keyboard won't work during the setup? Because that was the reason I downloaded this in the first place.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have one question though. Will the ISO fit on an DVD-RW disk because USBs aren't that great for me and I cant spare the other one I have for data storage. And @shivum_g you'll have to use a PS-2 type keyboard to install Win7. You won't need a mouse because every option is accessible with just a keyboard. If the motherboard doesn't have a PS-2 port just get an expansion card which has usb ports!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by NoExplorer View Post
    I have one question though. Will the ISO fit on an DVD-RW disk because USBs aren't that great for me and I cant spare the other one I have for data storage. And @shivum_g you'll have to use a PS-2 type keyboard to install Win7. You won't need a mouse because every option is accessible with just a keyboard. If the motherboard doesn't have a PS-2 port just get an expansion card which has usb ports!
    IT will If you leave only single edition for example ultimate. Fully updated single edition ISO should be around 4.3 GiB (dvdrw is 4.37 GiB)
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by NoExplorer View Post
    IT will If you leave only single edition for example ultimate. Fully updated single edition ISO should be around 4.3 GiB (dvdrw is 4.37 GiB)
    Actually , my Win7 proffesional + ultimate iso (64Bit) is 4.5GiB and the DVD-RW im looking at is around 4.7GiB.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    wait, but how would an expansion card help if it doesn't have any ps/2 ports?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
    It is even less than I said before...
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by shivum_g View Post
    Just install updated win7 and confirm first that usb do not work after installation!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by NoExplorer View Post
    Actually , my Win7 proffesional + ultimate iso (64Bit) is 4.5GiB and the DVD-RW im looking at is around 4.7GiB.
    You do not understand units. There is huge difference between decimal units and binary units! ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_prefix )
    DVD-RW is 4.7GB or 4.37GiB
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by shivum_g View Post
    Just install updated win7 and confirm first that usb do not work after installation!
    will do, my b
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You do not understand units. There is huge difference between decimal units and binary units! ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_prefix )
    DVD-RW is 4.7GB or 4.37GiB
    Got it, but I will try to fit it and if it won't work I'll make an ultimate one iso since the DVD will be RW than just R
    Quote Quote  
  15. @Atak_Snajpera

Originally Posted by Pir8pete View Post
    if I don't need the "WuaCpuFix" do I just remove line "cmd.exe /c %windir%\Setup\Scripts\WuaCpuFix\Install.cmd"

do I need to remove ":CONTINUE" aswell?

Code:
    start /HIGH /MIN compact /C /I /S:%programdata%
    start /HIGH /MIN compact /C /I /S:%windir%

%windir%\Setup\Scripts\vc_redist\VisualCppRedist_AIO_x86_x64_32.exe /ai
    cmd.exe /c %windir%\Setup\Scripts\Tweaks\Install.cmd

:LOOP
    tasklist | find /i "compact.exe" >nul 2>&1
    IF ERRORLEVEL 1 (
      GOTO CONTINUE
    ) ELSE (
      Timeout /T 5 /Nobreak
      GOTO LOOP
    )

:CONTINUE
    cmd.exe /c %windir%\Setup\Scripts\WuaCpuFix\Install.cmd

Yes

sorry bud you said yes but does that mean for both questions or just this? -> "WuaCpuFix" do I just remove line "cmd.exe /c %windir%\Setup\Scripts\WuaCpuFix\Install.cmd"

The another question was -> do I need to remove ":CONTINUE" aswell?

This is what i have now as all I want is to install the VB and my reg tweaks but is the :CONTINUE needed or i can remove that too?

Code:
    %windir%\Setup\Scripts\vc_redist\VisualCppRedist_AIO_x86_x64_32.exe /ai

Last edited by Pir8pete; 10th Jul 2020 at 22:09.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, Im back again.

Apparently yes, the Pro+Ult iso I got doesnt fit and Im downloading a fresh Ultimate 64-Bit iso but it comes at 5.47GBytes.Will the tool make it smaller or will I have to find a way to read and burn an Dual Layer DVD drive?

EDIT : I tried to re-extract the .7z file but it requests a password.I can't seem to remember a password but if there was one, what was it?Image
    [Attachment 54222 - Click to enlarge]
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mnm.PNG
Views:	93
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	54221  

Last edited by NoExplorer; 22nd Jul 2020 at 04:54.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Apparently the iso I downloaded doesnt have a version for me to use nad I might need the one the tool comes with but I cant download that one. @Atak_Snajpera where can I find that ISO?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, but I was able to use my other custom iso that I had to make the new one and it was a success.I used an already custom iso to make another custom iso. But I don't know if it will work on modern pcs because the drivers may have been switched on the new iso.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    I can't get input from my keyboard and mouse using my custom ISO. And the pc I'm using it on is quite old.How can I fix it?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank You Atak_Snajpera for creating and sharing this great Tool.
    I have just bought a "new" system (Ryzen 7 3700x with Asus Rog Strix Gaming-F MB Wifi and was astonished to learn about the USB 3 no support issue, which i have discovered the hard way at the point of trying to load ny original Win 7 64 bit disc etc.

The so called ASUS EZ Updater that's supposed to add USB 3 support simply did not work.

I have spent nearly 2 fing weeks now trying to get this to see the mouse and keyboard past the bois (where they work perfectly) So AFTER reading 14 pages of your Thread including the one with another guy cant see an iso anywhere after "Successfully completed" message and downloading this tool, i too get nothing as i can not see any iso anywhere.

I am a total newbie at this adding drivers to the "iso" thing, so please help as i am at my wits end with this ridiculous situation thanks to fing Microsoft etc. i read another guys post saying the same. here is a "log" file hope this helps? I am so grateful guys like you are out there.

A step by step tutorial for dummies would be great, as were not all so tech savvy as the majority on here, Thanks in Advance for even glancing at my post.
    Cheers
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by racingmad; 26th Jul 2020 at 05:53.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Re-download my tool again and do not change anything in folders! It looks like you manually added something/changed because paths are different!
    Take a look.

It looks like you put drivers for x86 (W7) in folder with x64 (W764A) drivers.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok Thank You, re downloading now, I haven't a clue what i,m doing honestly? was trying to add drivers for the AMD Ryzen 7 USB 3 all i want is a working mouse and keyboard after bios etc? Will be trying again in 45 mins? never saw a "Choice" menu either at any stage, God i wish you lived next door! Cheers Thank You Again.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Hello there, I am attempting to update my Windows 7 Ultimate x64 ISO with your tool, however, when attempting to patch the ISO, it doesn't return a Windows7.iso file in the folder I asked it to place it in. Although I do see it in Quick Access, it appears to have never existed, showing 0 bytes. If it would give you any particular answers, my host OS is Windows 10 Pro x64, and this is a HP Notebook 15 Flyer Red, please help asap!
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok i have been at this all day now, and still getting no where. no iso file shows and even if it does i don't know what to do with it! This is actually starting to make me ill.
    I am marooned in backward Ireland with no chance of help for Shops etc where i am. I will ******* PAY the first man to help me get the ******* mouse and keyboard working in this bastard Ryzen & machine and send me a working bootable usb for windows 7! (never again!)
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by racingmad View Post
    ok i have been at this all day now, and still getting no where. no iso file shows and even if it does i don't know what to do with it! This is actually starting to make me ill.
    I am marooned in backward Ireland with no chance of help for Shops etc where i am. I will ******* PAY the first man to help me get the ******* mouse and keyboard working in this bastard Ryzen & machine and send me a working bootable usb for windows 7! (never again!)

Here's my custom blend made from Win7_Professional_with_SP1_x64_(media refresh)_X17-59186.iso I have tested it on a live AMD system install 3900XT. -> http://www.mediafire.com/file/aa0mm7488mt5f5y/Windows7.iso use poweriso -> https://www72.zippyshare.com/v/ID751psr/file.html and make a bootable usb. Let me know if it works, and as you offered PM and I'll give more details, $

- 1.) Used NTLite_setup_v2.0.0.7580_x64 to add NVMe driver support -> (Windows6.1-KB2990941-v3.msu , and Windows6.1-KB3087873-v2.msu) and some reg. tweaks, service tweaks, package removals, also Removed PE

- 2.) added Simplix UpdatePack7R2 with options, no IE11, no Temp, NoUSB, Optimize, adding 53 updates

- 3.) Then used WinToolkit with the following custom instructions.

*AIO|v1.7.0.0|2019-10-22
    #Options
    Rebuild Image
    #Addons
    D:\_Temp\___2_WinToolkit\DirectX_v9.0c_June2010_x64.WA
    D:\_Temp\___2_WinToolkit\dotNetFx48_20200714_x64.WA
    #Components
    Australia Local Pack
    BitLocker Drive Encryption
    Clips In The Library
    Common Modem Drivers
    DVD Maker
    Great Britain Local Pack
    HomeGroup
    Inbox Games
    Internet Explorer
    Internet Explorer Troubleshooters
    Internet Games
    Microsoft Message Queue (MSMQ) Server
    Microsoft XPS Document Writer
    Mobile PC Client Components (Basic)
    Mobile PC Client Components (Premium)
    Mobile PC Client SideShow Components
    Mobile PC Sensors ALS Driver
    Music and Video Examples (Ringtones)
    New Zealand Local Pack
    OEM Help Customization
    Offline Files
    Premium Inbox Games
    Remote Assistance
    Remote Desktop Services Command Line Tools
    Remote Desktop Services Publishing WMI Provider
    Remote Desktop Services WMI Provider
    Snipping Tools
    Sticky Notes
    Tablet PC Components
    Telnet Server
    TV Tuner Drivers
    Virtual XP Licensing Policies
    VirtualPC (USB)
    VirtualPC Licensing Policies
    Windows Anytime Upgrade
    Windows Anytime Upgrade Results
    Windows Media Center
    Windows Media Player DVD Registration
    Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service
    Windows Media Player Troubleshooters
    Windows Recovery Disc
    XPS Viewer
    #Tweaks
    Control Panel View::Large Icons
    Disable Smart Window Arrangement
    Disable Tool Tips
    Show All Icons on System Tray
    Administrative Tools::All Programs and Start Menu
    Highlight newly installed programs:on't Highlight
    Computer::Hide
    Connect To::Hide
    Control Panel::Link
    Default Programs::Show
    Devices and Printers::Hide
    Documents::Hide
    Downloads::Hide
    Favorites::Hide
    Games::Hide
    Help and Support::Hide
    Homegroup::Hide
    Music::Hide
    Network::Hide
    Personal::Hide
    Pictures::Hide
    Recent Docs::Hide
    Recorded TV::Hide
    Run::Show
    Videos::Hide
    Enable context menus and dragging and dropping::Enable
    Open submenus when mouse hovers over item::Enable
    Search Programs and Control Panel::Enable
    Sort All Programs menu by name::Enable
    Search other files and libraries
    Number of recent programs to display::15
    Number of recent items to display in Jump Lists::15
    Disable User Account Control
    Disable Dr Watson
    Disable Hibernation
    Disable Window 7 built-in CD/DVD Burning
    Disable Windows Error Reporting

- 4.) Used Windows_7_Image_Updater add drivers, and other odds and ends.
    [2020-07-26 22:42:53] Searching for driver packages to install...
    [2020-07-26 22:42:59] Found 130 driver package(s) to install.

Here's what your logs should look like with no errors. -> https://www6.zippyshare.com/v/CRpQI71O/file.html

[SetupComplete.cmd]
    %windir%\Setup\Scripts\vc_redist\VisualCppRedist_A IO_x86_x64_33.exe /ai

[Install.cmd]
    ; Shows Desktop Icons
    reg add HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel /v {20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D} /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    reg add HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel /v {59031a47-3f72-44a7-89c5-5595fe6b30ee} /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    reg add HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel /v {645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E} /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
    reg add HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel /v {F02C1A0D-BE21-4350-88B0-7367FC96EF3C} /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

; File and Folder Options
    reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Once /v 01 /t REG_SZ /d "reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\Advanced /v HideFileExt /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f" /f
    reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Once /v 02 /t REG_SZ /d "reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\Advanced /v Hidden /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f" /f
    reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Once /v 03 /t REG_SZ /d "reg add HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\Advanced /v ShowCompColor /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f" /f

; Completely Disable Libraries
    reg delete "HKCR\CLSID\{031E4825-7B94-4dc3-B131-E946B44C8DD5}" /f
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{031E4825-7B94-4dc3-B131-E946B44C8DD5}" /f
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ex plorer\Desktop\NameSpace\{031E4825-7B94-4dc3-B131-E946B44C8DD5}" /f
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ex plorer\FolderDescriptions\{2112AB0A-C86A-4ffe-A368-0DE96E47012E}" /f
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ex plorer\FolderDescriptions\{491E922F-5643-4af4-A7EB-4E7A138D8174}" /f
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ex plorer\FolderDescriptions\{7b0db17d-9cd2-4a93-9733-46cc89022e7c}" /f
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ex plorer\FolderDescriptions\{A302545D-DEFF-464b-ABE8-61C8648D939B}" /f
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ex plorer\FolderDescriptions\{A990AE9F-A03B-4e80-94BC-9912D7504104}" /f
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ex plorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel" /v "{031E4825-7B94-4dc3-B131-E946B44C8DD5}" /f
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ex plorer\HideDesktopIcons\NewStartPanel" /f

; Shorten Welcome Screen load Time
    reg add HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pol icies\System /v DelayedDesktopSwitchTimeout /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

; Take Ownership
    reg add "HKCR\*\shell\runas" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "Take Ownership" /f
    reg add "HKCR\*\shell\runas" /v "HasLUAShield" /t REG_SZ /d "" /f
    reg add "HKCR\*\shell\runas" /v "NoWorkingDirectory" /t REG_SZ /d "" /f
    reg add "HKCR\*\shell\runas\command" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%%1\" && icacls \"%%1\" /grant administrators:F" /f
    reg add "HKCR\*\shell\runas\command" /v "IsolatedCommand" /t REG_SZ /d "cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%%1\" && icacls \"%%1\" /grant administrators:F" /f
    reg add "HKCR\Directory\shell\runas" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "Take Ownership" /f
    reg add "HKCR\Directory\shell\runas" /v "HasLUAShield" /t REG_SZ /d "" /f
    reg add "HKCR\Directory\shell\runas" /v "NoWorkingDirectory" /t REG_SZ /d "" /f
    reg add "HKCR\Directory\shell\runas\command" /ve /t REG_SZ /d "cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%%1\" /grant administrators:F /t" /f
    reg add "HKCR\Directory\shell\runas\command" /v "IsolatedCommand" /t REG_SZ /d "cmd.exe /c takeown /f \"%%1\" /r /d y && icacls \"%%1\" /grant administrators:F /t" /f
    Last edited by Pir8pete; 22nd Aug 2020 at 17:39.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by racingmad View Post

USB 3/XHCI driver stack for Windows 7

Based on the work of Mov AX, 0xDEAD from Win-Raid forum, otherwise we would never know that the Windows 8 driver could be ported to older OSes.
    It's a truly generic USB 3/XHCI host driver, even supporting USB Attached SCSI Protocol (UASP) devices.
    Supports USB 3/XHCI host controllers from any manufacturer (USB 3.0/3.1/3.2).
    Supports 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) systems.

Notes:
    - Clearly, Microsoft originally intended to release the driver as an update to Windows 7, but later decided to make it a Win8 exclusive and added artificial locks.
    - USB Attached SCSI Protocol (UASP) driver is a standalone driver. For the first time, you need to install it manually.
    - Removed/disabled all telemetry crap.
    - INF file is MUI enabled, supporting localized strings for 22 languages.
    - Drivers double-signed, thanks to canonkong from Win-Raid forum, so no issues with Driver Signature Enforcement on 64-bit/x64 systems, even without SHA-256 updates.
    - Drivers can be integrated into installation media after integration of KB2864202 above.
    - canonkong has thoroughly tested the driver's stability and performance for several days with most (if not all) existing controllers.
    - Original files x64: (KB2984005 or KB4534320) and KB2984005.
    - Original files x86: KB4534320 and KB2984005.

Try adding this USB driver to your windows .iso image -> http://www.mediafire.com/file/tlashud5xyisyiw
    Password: MDL2020

Test System

Let me know if this works
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by Pir8pete View Post
    Originally Posted by racingmad View Post

USB 3/XHCI driver stack for Windows 7

Based on the work of Mov AX, 0xDEAD from Win-Raid forum, otherwise we would never know that the Windows 8 driver could be ported to older OSes.
    It's a truly generic USB 3/XHCI host driver, even supporting USB Attached SCSI Protocol (UASP) devices.
    Supports USB 3/XHCI host controllers from any manufacturer (USB 3.0/3.1/3.2).
    Supports 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) systems.

Notes:
    - Clearly, Microsoft originally intended to release the driver as an update to Windows 7, but later decided to make it a Win8 exclusive and added artificial locks.
    - USB Attached SCSI Protocol (UASP) driver is a standalone driver. For the first time, you need to install it manually.
    - Removed/disabled all telemetry crap.
    - INF file is MUI enabled, supporting localized strings for 22 languages.
    - Drivers double-signed, thanks to canonkong from Win-Raid forum, so no issues with Driver Signature Enforcement on 64-bit/x64 systems, even without SHA-256 updates.
    - Drivers can be integrated into installation media after integration of KB2864202 above.
    - canonkong has thoroughly tested the driver's stability and performance for several days with most (if not all) existing controllers.
    - Original files x64: (KB2984005 or KB4534320) and KB2984005.
    - Original files x86: KB4534320 and KB2984005.

Try adding this USB driver to your windows .iso image -> http://www.mediafire.com/file/tlashud5xyisyiw
    Password: MDL2020

Test System

Let me know if this works
    Has "USB 3/XHCI driver stack for Windows 7" been already added to the Windows 7 Image Updater?

If not, how are its files/folders to be added?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  28. Have both KB2864202 and the folders/files in "USB 3/XHCI driver stack for Windows 7" been already added to Windows 7 Image Updater?

If not, how can they be added?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  29. use dir -> Windows_7_Image_Updater\Windows7\Drivers\ boot or install folders and put your drivers in there!
    Last edited by Pir8pete; 24th Aug 2020 at 17:20.
    Quote Quote