VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My Wi-Fi router is next to my VCRs and stereo equipment. Will the Wi-Fi cause interference on such vintage equipment?
    Quote Quote  
  2. **** off hech54, you ******* troll. Didn't I tell you not to reply to any of my threads? That thread didn't mention Wi-Fi.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by digicube View Post
    **** off hech54, you ******* troll. Didn't I tell you not to reply to any of my threads?
    VideoHelp has an ignore list function to which you can add any member(s). Visit a users profile to add them.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by digicube View Post
    My Wi-Fi router is next to my VCRs and stereo equipment. Will the Wi-Fi cause interference on such vintage equipment?
    If this is legal device (ERP < +20dBm or perhaps in USA < +26dBm) then shouldn't interfere at all. But you cellphone or long range DECT or similar technology where ERP is over +36dBm may be some source of interferences.

IMHO your problem is typical ground loop issue, read how to fix it, to reduce interferences place on every power and signal cable ferrite beads like this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrite_bead#/media/File:A_collection_of_Snap-On_-_Clamp...rite_beads.jpg
    Quote Quote  
  5. @mike20021969 Thanks for the tip.

@pandy Good to know strong wi-fi signals will not interference with VCRs and vintage stereo equipment.
    Quote Quote