VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, right now I'm using handbrake to convert an old anime serie, my source files don't have chapters and I know that handbrake cannot create chapters from scratch, but you can import csv or tsv files.
    Now, since all episodes have the same structure, I'll just need to make a simple csv file with three chapters: chapter1 = 00:01:36:000; chapter2 = 00:12:20:500; chapter3 = 00:23:01:000

How can I do it? Is there somewhere where can I download a .csv example file and modify it to suit my needs?

Thank You.
    Quote Quote  
  2. AFAIK the import is only for re-naming existing chapters, not add chapters to a source that doesn't have any in the first place.

Are you using mkv or mp4 output? Mkvtoolnix can add chapters to mkv files.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    AFAIK the import is only for re-naming existing chapters, not add chapters to a source that doesn't have any in the first place.
    But renaming from where? Shouldn't the chapters be inside the .csv file? Or are they embedded in the video stream?

Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Are you using mkv or mp4 output? Mkvtoolnix can add chapters to mkv files.
    MP4, for both input and output, I didn't want to use .mkv out of fear of incompatibility with blu-ray players etc.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    AFAIK the import is only for re-naming existing chapters, not add chapters to a source that doesn't have any in the first place.
    You were right, I tried to do what I proposed in the OP but hanbrake just saw one chapter, I could rename it, but that's it.

I solved with Drax: you have to do the video files one by one, but luckily you can export/import chapter files (in .txt format).
    Quote Quote