VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,
    I have recorded for my first time a TV program on a USB stick with the Sony BRAVIA kdl-26ex533.
    I tried to play it on my PC Windows 10 but it didn't recognize it: It needs to format it.
    How to play it? Thank you.
    Last edited by cypherinfo; 31st Aug 2017 at 14:25.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The recording is encrypted to ensure that only the individual TV that made the recording will play it. This forum has received a number of requests similar to yours over the years, but I cannot recall any which received a solution to the problem.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I too have this issue, is it still not solvable or has someone come up with a solution?
    Have a nice Day
    Quote Quote  
  4. You could try to connect your TV to your PC, play the recording on your TV and capture the video/audio on your PC.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Capture? How does one capture a sink? There are almost NEVER video outs on a TV.
    Or are you talking about setting up a camera?

Those USBs are encryted for a reason.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Capture? How does one capture a sink? There are almost NEVER video outs on a TV.
    Or are you talking about setting up a camera?
    Those USBs are encryted for a reason.
    Scott
    You're right, Scott. The TVs do not have an A/V output.
    I'm sorry.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    would one of these work in capturing encryption signals ?? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPc_JgsnEUQ
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    would one of these work in capturing encryption signals ?? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPc_JgsnEUQ
    No. That device requires HDMI input but there is none available in this case. The encrypted file is on a USB stick which can only be played by sticking it in one of the USB ports on the TV that recorded the file. Although some TVs can output an audio signal via HDMI to feed an audio receiver, as Scott already wrote, TVs don't output video signals from any of their HDMI ports.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The manual for that tv is pretty clear:

USB HDD capacities from 32 GB at minimum to 2 TB at maximum are supported.
    Connecting a USB HDD device via a USB hub is not supported. Connect the device directly to the TV.
    Any data stored in the USB HDD device will be erased when it is formatted during the registration process. The USB HDD device cannot be used with a PC once it is registered to the TV. To enable use of the USB HDD device on a PC, format it on the PC. (Note that any data in the USB HDD device will be erased).
    A maximum of 8 USB HDD devices can be registered.
    Only this TV can play the data recorded on the USB HDD.
    Recording is supported only for digital TV broadcast. Recording of data broadcasts or radio is unsupported.
    Scrambled signals cannot be recorded.
    Recording cannot be performed in the following cases:
    - The TV cannot recognise the registered USB HDD device.
    - More than 1,000 programmes are recorded on the USB HDD device.
    - The USB HDD device is full.
    USB HDD recording cannot be performed if [SCART REC on] is selected.
    The media files in the USB storage device or your home network cannot be played during recording. However, you can view the programme as it is being recorded.
    (my emphasis in bold)

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  10. mikesbytes
    Re: How to play the recording of a Sony Bravia TV on a usb stick?
    I too have this issue, is it still not solvable or has someone come up with a solution?
    This brings up a question I have been wondering about.
    In the USA, recording on-air broadcast TV (to USB stick, exact digital copy, playable in any computer) is easily done by $30 recorder from Walmart or other places.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ematic-AT103B-Digital-Converter-Box-with-LED-Display-and-Re...ities/28505040
    But that is in USA. I know that Europe, Australia, etc have different TV standards than USA, so maybe these $30 broadcast recorders won't work. Would like to hear from anybody that knows more about this, for example, in what countries will this $30 recorder work? Are there different $30 recorders available for countries with different TV standards?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think the USA and its territories, Canada, Mexico, the Dominican Republic, and Korea are the only places on Earth that currently use ATSC for DTV broadcasts. The Ematic and similar ATSC converter boxes that are capable of recording TV can't work for broadcasts originating in any other countries.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In Australia the same encryption occurs on all name brand TV's, however PVR's like those marketed in Europe that are Enigma 2 clones record stock standard unencrypted .TS files and can be played back or transferred to a PC or MAC. My Beyonwiz T3 and V2 all do this. The V2 infact records over the network to my NAS. I'll also have one of those $2 shop USB tv tuners that you can plug into a PC etc. Europe and Australia use basically the same system, with a few minor differences in the tuner frequencies. These are images of a giveaway with my PVR to add a 4th tuner. Can be used on a PC or MAC about au$20
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2898.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	2.53 MB
ID:	56659  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2897.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	56660  

SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. In this instance I got around it by recording the TV screen with my phone, there was about 30 seconds of video I wanted to capture to put on social media (I was on TV LOL). If I want an ongoing solution I'll buy some kind of device. Don't get to watch much TV, its dominated by the Kids, which in a way is a good thing but I do watch way too much Youtube
    Have a nice Day
    Quote Quote