VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok so i use Lightworks and Wondershare to edit my videos. I use a gopro and my phone to do alot of the filming. I can edit the phone and other camera footage fine but when i try to edit the gopro footage the video laggs and plays in slow mo while the audio plays at normal speed. The footage is fine because i can watch all my clips in windows media play just fine. both audio and video in sync. its only in the video editor that it does this. Why and what can i do to fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Ey3z Official View Post
    Ok so i use Lightworks and Wondershare to edit my videos. I use a gopro and my phone to do alot of the filming. I can edit the phone and other camera footage fine but when i try to edit the gopro footage the video laggs and plays in slow mo while the audio plays at normal speed. The footage is fine because i can watch all my clips in windows media play just fine. both audio and video in sync. its only in the video editor that it does this. Why and what can i do to fix this?
    What are the gopro footage specs compared to the other footage ? You can use mediainfo to check if you don't know

I'm guessing probably your computer / CPU is insufficient

The decoding pathway is different for WMP or a media player vs. a video editor. You're probably getting GPU acceleration for video player playback. Most video editors use CPU for the decoding work (GPU is used for other processes like scaling, some filters)

You can try reducing the resolution/ quality of the preview but I doubt it will help much. You might have to resort to using proxies for editing (lower quality , lower resolution files to edit, and you "swap" back in the full quality files when it's time for final render)
    Quote Quote