VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I was trying to attach a srt file to a movie with MKVToolnix so that i could choose between multiple subtitle tracks, after the muxing i open the new file and notice there are some text errors in the subtitles, for example the word "però" was replaced by "però" which makes me think that the letter "ò" isn't getting recognized in the keyboard, so the system replaces it with "ò". In the original movie the words displays with no errors, adding the subtitle track from vlc, but i have to watch the movie in a tv, which supports mkv files with multiple subtitle tracks, but doesn't allow to add one manually. Are there any alternatives to mkvtoolnix that i can use to attach a new subtitle track to a mkv file?
    Quote Quote  
  2. In Mkvtoolnix add the srt file, select the resulting track and choose the correct "Character set". Probably mkvtoolnix mis-guessed it. (If you click the "ÅČ" button you get a preview.)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    In Mkvtoolnix add the srt file, select the resulting track and choose the correct "Character set". Probably mkvtoolnix mis-guessed it. (If you click the "ÅČ" button you get a preview.)
    Thanks for your help, man! Didn't pay attention to that, it works now ^^
    Quote Quote